WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Ford Mustang

Your ad here

Reaction score
I swear mustangs and their owners exist just to cause the world pain. Everytime something dumb happens on the road it's a mustang that's involved. It's not even 7 and I'm already seeing this today on my way to Ca.
20190621_061802.jpg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I like that hitch sag/extension getup, best of all.

Perhaps it got bent loading the car the right way?

Either way, get out front, and stay there.

Brian

attitude

Reaction score
I used to think they sounded good until younger guys could afforded them and there was 100 of them at every car meet with an off-road x-pipe and a muffler deleteo_O

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
That guys a special kind of special. For me its toyota/lexus drivers. When you market a car like you market an appliance....

racered

Reaction score
I've always thought of California as a state where traffic laws, motor vehicle laws and traffic stops for safety inspections in a situation as shown above, were more of the norm, even expected. State troopers, even local police one would think, would spot that setup and pull them over for a chat.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, or maybe I expect too much. I traveled the highways in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana during the 55 mph days and was convinced driving faster than 61 mph was a crime. Scary eh?

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've always thought of California as a state where traffic laws, motor vehicle laws and traffic stops for safety inspections in a situation as shown above, were more of the norm, even expected. State troopers, even local police one would think, would spot that setup and pull them over for a chat.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, or maybe I expect too much. I traveled the highways in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana during the 55 mph days and was convinced driving faster than 61 mph was a crime. Scary eh?
This was in Quartzsite.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
rare mid-engine Mustang?

hitch is sketchy too. hopefully CHP will give that guy a few pointers before it all unravels.

outboard_256

Reaction score
rare mid-engine Mustang?

hitch is sketchy too. hopefully CHP will give that guy a few pointers before it all unravels.

this was my thought as well. At least the hitch will snap when it starts swapping and not flip the tow vehicle.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Geezus Christ. That shit scares me as that dumb ass could end someone's life.

Not all of us are bad, I promise. Its the best selling decently powered sports car in a America that most ding bats can afford. Bound to be a lot of tools that own one.

Sorry but this thread give me a reason to post my car! Absolutely love my track car! 2019 Performance Pack 2. Now 500hp at the wheels, Magneride, Active Exhaust, ARH full length headers, 91 and E85 tune, full Cortex, BMR and Ford Performance upgrades throughout.

Crowd control. License plate CRWDKLR. jk.
20190427_121857.jpg
20190427_113237.jpg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Not all of us are bad, I promise. Its the best selling decently powered sports car in a America that most ding bats can afford. Bound to be a lot of tools that own one.

Absolutely love my track car! Now 500hp at the wheels, full Cortex, BMR and Ford Performance upgrades throughout. Crowd control. License plate CRWDKLR. jk. View attachment 766699 View attachment 766692

That is looking great!!

Your ad here

Reaction score

Sorry but this thread give me a reason to post my car! Absolutely love my track car! Now 500hp at the wheels, full Cortex, BMR and Ford Performance upgrades throughout. Crowd control. License plate CRWDKLR. jk. View attachment 766699 View attachment 766692
I'll make sure to watch out for you.

JD D05

Reaction score

Sorry but this thread give me a reason to post my car! Absolutely love my track car! Now 500hp at the wheels, full Cortex, BMR and Ford Performance upgrades throughout. Crowd control. License plate CRWDKLR. jk. View attachment 766699 View attachment 766692

I like it! I can't wait until I can get that 350...Probably going to be awhile now though.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What Forgestars did you go with?

I'm not sure...lol

The deal was too good to pass on.I don't typically love directional but Brand new 19x9.5s for $800

Was thinking I could live with the color but it's not going to work so going gloss black. planning to run 275/40/19 Pilot 4s's squared.
IMG_4312.JPG

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm not sure...lol

The deal was too good to pass on.I don't typically love directional but Brand new 19x9.5s for $800

Was thinking I could live with the color but it's not going to work so going gloss black. planning to run 275/40/19 Pilot 4s's squared. View attachment 766708

That is a good deal. I thought you were ordering them new from Forgestar... They take forever to deliver. Those will look good on there.

Will 285/35/19 fit? That will basically be the same size as the 255/40/19 on there now. Those 275/40/19s will be taller than stock.. don't know if that will be an issue on that car when lowered.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That is a good deal. I thought you were ordering them new from Forgestar... They take forever to deliver. Those will look good on there.

Will 285/35/19 fit? Those 275/40/19s will be taller than stock.. don't know if that will be an issue on that car.

I bought them from a local guy that got them from American Muscle. At first I thought they fell off a truck after he accepted my offer but the boxes have the shipping tags.

I think they will work when gloss black and after I replace the badges with the black option and lower the car an inch. I think these are quite a bit lighter than the factory pp1 wheels and the car can use the extra tire in the front for sure. (I wanted to be able to rotate as my daily)

I'm running the factory rear tires squared its a common squared set up...I actually don't love the 285/35

Just needs the hellion street sleeper TT kit and she will be perfect...haha;):D

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I bought them from a local guy that got them from American Muscle. At first I thought they fell off a truck after he accepted my offer but the boxes have the shipping tags.

I think they will work when gloss black and after I replace the badges with the black option and lower the car an inch. I think these are quite a bit lighter than the factory pp1 wheels and the car can use the extra tire in the front for sure. (I wanted to be able to rotate as my daily)

Just needs the hellion street sleeper TT kit and she will be perfect...haha;):D

Yea for sure, it will look good. I know you are well versed in aftermarket wheel fitment.

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm not sure...lol

Was thinking I could live with the color but it's not going to work so going gloss black. planning to run 275/40/19 Pilot 4s's squared. View attachment 766708

get some wider wheels/tires for the rear and bring it to our track so I can test drive it.;):D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
get some wider wheels/tires for the rear and bring it to our track so I can test drive it.;):D
sign me up just around the corner...lol

The G8 would probably make the better road racing car if it had some better tires. Suspension and brakes wise it's golden but it would need some stickier tires than the toyo sports i run as they quit after a couple laps.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
sign me up just around the corner...lol

The G8 would probably make the better road racing car if it had some better tires. Suspension and brakes wise it's golden but it would need some stickier tires than the toyo sports i run as they quit after a couple laps.

Mustang will leave the G8 on a track with the equal (and wider) tires with just the lowering springs you are gonna put on.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm running 305s squared, Michelin Sport Cup IIs. Pretty much a full track tire that is barely street legal. Unbelievable grip. Unfortunately not rotatable as my car has 10.5in front and 11in rear wheels. The car has the hubs off a MKZ Lincoln (same as a GT350 too) and offsets are wacky.

I would have to run a 20mm spacer and run an 11in wheel on the front to rotate. I do have ARP long studs so it's not a problem for track wheels which would be 11s all the way around.

satellitemike

Reaction score

Sorry but this thread give me a reason to post my car! Absolutely love my track car! 2019 Performance Pack 2. Now 500hp at the wheels, Magneride, Active Exhaust, ARH full length headers, 91 and E85 tune, full Cortex, BMR and Ford Performance upgrades throughout.

Crowd control. License plate CRWDKLR. jk. View attachment 766699 View attachment 766692
Very nice and looks like a sleeper!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Very nice and looks like a sleeper!

Thanks!!! If you heard it, you would think quite the opposite HAHA! Luckily it has the Active Exhaust with a quiet mode among, reg, sport and track modes. However, I have long tubes and Steeda stainless X-pipe resonator delete, so even on quiet mode you can tell it's a V8. Although I am in my late 40s, there is never a time I don't down shift and then gun it through a tunnel or underpass with the windows down! :D