WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The future of tow vehicles?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
55B4AC95-69DB-4727-8685-57BAA25C965A.jpeg

Spudsbud

Reaction score
If they can wrote a program to parralell park, they can write an App to backdown a boat ramp.
That would be WAY faster !

hallett21

Reaction score
You’re going to see this more and more. I can see RDP heads exploding already.

Lifted to the moon 3500 lighting up all 4 mud terrains while Tesla silently pulls out a 8,000 lb outboard boat 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
If this is real he’s probably only launching with it, not towing hundreds of miles with it. Towing that weight would reduce his range to nothing.
I wonder if Elon is going to install Pull through super charging stations?😂

hallett21

Reaction score
If

If it had more than a 300 mile range I’m sure you might see more at the launch ramp next season?

I think you’ll see them. Reality is most couples or families have girls that need a pee stop. If you structure those stops around a quick 20 min top off range won’t be an issue.

The only time my wife lets us drive straight through is at 4am when she’s asleep lol.

We made a pit stop at that chevron before Water Rd on 40 last weekend. They have Tesla chargers there now. I bet we see chargers at the Pilot exit in the next 5 years.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if Elon is going to install Pull through super charging stations?😂

Wireless! Like the pads that charge your phone?

Just pull up and charge you car, your phone, your ear buds, and your watch, all at the same time...

Coming soon, to every fast food drive thru near you! 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Just pull up and charge you car, your phone, your ear buds, and your watch, all at the same time...

Coming soon, to every fast food drive thru near you! 😁
Coming back up from a dr's appointment in Phoenix, and my son had very much the same idea. He was thinking that bridges and overpasses could be used. I told him we didn't have many where we lived...his response was we didn't have as much need for charging either. We were sitting in traffic, he had a point.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
A friend in FL has one of those Tesla "eggs" - drove up to Virginia to get a side of beef he brought back in a small U-Haul trailer. Don't know exactly how many re-charging stops (each around 40 minutes) he had to make but my guess is at least 6 (240 minutes=4 hours of charging time). The trailer kills the range.

That's nuts but he seems happy not buying gas

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Coming back up from a dr's appointment in Phoenix, and my son had very much the same idea. He was thinking that bridges and overpasses could be used. I told him we didn't have many where we lived...his response was we didn't have as much need for charging either. We were sitting in traffic, he had a point.

Let's tear down all the dams, and build more electric cars!

Signed,

Every Libtard

Tank

Reaction score
Wonder how it tows that deck boat. Seriously. Good pull I’m sure right? Torquey little fockers. Wonder what the tow rating is (if there is one) those deck boats are at least 7500 lbs right? and how quickly does that load drain the cells. If you’re draggin it from the house to the ramp probably great. Wonder if you’re draggin it from havasu to say, Powell, how Thatd work. 😬😬

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
towing with an electric vehicle would be awesome because of the torque you can get. Great acceleration with 5-7k lbs in tow. It‘ll be here one day I imagine.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an EV hater, I just think we are a long ways from supporting infrastructure for EV towing, I don’t think dropping your trailer to go plug-in is going to be a popular option. I guess we’ll have some really long power cords.😊

sintax

Reaction score
Wonder how it tows that deck boat. Seriously. Good pull I’m sure right? Torquey little fockers. Wonder what the tow rating is (if there is one) those deck boats are at least 7500 lbs right? and how quickly does that load drain the cells. If you’re draggin it from the house to the ramp probably great. Wonder if you’re draggin it from havasu to say, Powell, how Thatd work. 😬😬

I'm not a deckboat guy, but I think thats a Cheetah Fastcat, those things are every bit of 6800-7800 lbs of drywall screws and 3/4" MDF. My brother in law has the 28' version of it (i think thats the smaller) and I can feel it behind my Duramax, so i know its not "light".

I cant process this equation.....

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Coming soon, to every fast food drive thru near you! [emoji16]
And cooks your balls also.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I'm not a deckboat guy, but I think thats a Cheetah Fastcat, those things are every bit of 6800-7800 lbs of drywall screws and 3/4" MDF. My brother in law has the 28' version of it (i think thats the smaller) and I can feel it behind my Duramax, so i know its not "light".

I cant process this equation.....
I thought 3/4 and one tons diesels didn't feel any load or wind. 🤔

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Let's take them to Telephone Cove.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My brother in law has the 28' version of it (i think thats the smaller) and I can feel it behind my Duramax, so i know its not "light".

Well, if you had an F150 you wouldn't know that trailer was behind you 😁

SixD9R

Reaction score
What you guys can't see in that photo is the boat has an on-board generator to keep the car battery charged;)

It's totally green some say :rolleyes:

nowski

Reaction score
Let's tear down all the dams, and build more electric cars!

Signed,

Every Libtard

Funny you should mention that here's a serious issue that is much bigger than the need for a green vehicle...

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My neighbor 's son has one he tows his boat around havasu with. But with a recharge stop he made it here with 20 mi range left coming from OC.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
He said it pulls up the launch ramp effortlessly but he wouldn’t want to tow it back/forth to Commiefornia. I’m guessing towing 7K# your range would be 100 miles.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Can you imagine towing that thing with the slightest breeze? They are also made to be light. Hahaha. He will get blown off the road. He wouldn’t want to tow across because he couldn’t. You might get 40 miles out of that.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Can you imagine towing that thing with the slightest breeze? They are also made to be light. Hahaha. He will get blown off the road. He wouldn’t want to tow across because he couldn’t. You might get 40 miles out of that.

Model X is about 5500lbs, more than an F150

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t get the big deal. Aren’t 90% of havasu boats in storage or at homes? Not everyone is towing across the desert every other weekend.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The new F150 electric with the optional extended range and massive increased power and faster charging looks promising. Where ya going to re-charge it with the trailer attached?
The F350 and F450 versions will no doubt have even more power. Instant, insane, murderous torque. Cooling the batteries and motor will be a BFD. I think Boatcop mentioned that like 15 years ago.

I predict we may see hydrogen cooling systems in electric trucks. Hell, theirs hydrogen powered cars so we may see enclosed hydrogen cooling. It's amazing. I've worked with it in power plants. That or something similar. Dangerous as it gets though.

Many of the Travel stops along the US highways are buying up huge parcels of land around them in anticipation of the electric transportation future.
When their is a power alert on hot days and everyone running the home AC it's taxing the system and brown outs and black outs are threatened. The grid isn't ready for all this recharging. It'll be the issue.
Liberals in Cali standing in the way of repowering plants or stopping construction of new cleaner burning Nat Gas plants isn't going to help.

Watch this in it's entirety:

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to by an F-150 but I can’t!

I heard Bill Gates bought all of the microchips for his vaccines, and now we don’t have enough for all of the trucks!
Little do people know cars have a couple thousand chips in them

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that here's a serious issue that is much bigger than the need for a green vehicle...

Been reading those articles on my news feed for awhile now. Scary stuff, especially if you live in AZ!

CA is closed btw. 🔐

77charger

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an EV hater, I just think we are a long ways from supporting infrastructure for EV towing, I don’t think dropping your trailer to go plug-in is going to be a popular option. I guess we’ll have some really long power cords.😊
A gas station is bad enough imagine how it would be with lot more cars plugging in which will rake longer. IMO electric is great for city driving horrible for long road trips.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

Andy B.

Reaction score
I’m sure she is so happy to see this. I’m sure people will buy the all electric f-150. Keep on buying this shit. The libtards love you. View attachment 1007484
Yeah but the flip side it destroy land to get the materials for the batteries!! Yes I know first hand my nephew is a geologist and mines for it. What idiots its about as green as 1990 diesel to bad people have no common sense to look at the big picture no thank you.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Been reading those articles on my news feed for awhile now. Scary stuff, especially if you live in AZ!

CA is closed btw. 🔐
Ca may be closed, but someone didn't shut the door...about 10% of the cars I saw in town today were "foreigners"...Cali plates. I tried telling them they'll miss the great weather 😁

D19

Reaction score
He could have pulled forward since he's not also filling the tow vehicle. Dang gas pump hogs.