WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Gabby missing story is a big deal right now but did you know

JFMFG

Reaction score
Did you see DOG the bounty hunter is on the search now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is some strange shit happening in the Midwest.. kids and people have been vanishing out in the corn fields, and from what I understand they are keeping it kinda hush hush?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…I was in Sunland Tujunga the other day looking at a hillside house for sale… And I saw a dark blue Volvo station wagon with Florida plates… didn’t get a clear view of the driver but he did have his window down and there were similarities to the guy they’re looking for… Stupid me didn’t write down the plate number as I never really thought about it till I got home…Truth of the matter probably is ..,the guy with Florida plates probably has been pulled over about 50 times since this happened???…

JB in so cal

Reaction score
There is some strange shit happening in the Midwest.. kids and people have been vanishing out in the corn fields, and from what I understand they are keeping it kinda hush hush?
1632708618531.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Where? I just spent a lot of time in the midwest and I didn't hear of any of that. I in fact went into a corn field and picked some corn....lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How many people just disapear every year in this country?
More than died of covid.
I ddint hear anything about this in the news, did you?

Those numbers are Very misleading.

"Missing Persons By State 2021" https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/missing-persons-by-state

The vast majority of missing persons cases are resolved relatively quickly. For example, in 2012, there were 661,000 missing persons cases reported; more than 659,000 of them were resolved within a year. Additionally, researchers say that the number of missing person cases has declined over the past decade as better communication has made it easier to keep in touch with and track persons. Still, more than 17,000 missing person cases and 13,000 unidentified body cases remain open in the United States.

Backlash

Reaction score
How many of those missing person cases are cancelled right after the missing person report has been taken? That would be an interesting stat.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Where? I just spent a lot of time in the midwest and I didn't hear of any of that. I in fact went into a corn field and picked some corn....lol
Read "Missing 411" The author highlights a bunch of missing person cases from national parks. The weird ones, where somebody was just out of sight a minute, or very little, if anything, ever found...sketchy stuff that happens and has for years. Dogs refusing to follow a trail, or losing it..."bodies" being recovered where there is really no way for them to end up there...kids too young to talk, being found alive in areas already searched, or areas too far for them to have made it on their own.

Great stories to tell your kids right before you zip up the tent!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You would have to ask @stolen he was telling me about it awhile back.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
How many people just disapear every year in this country?
More than died of covid.
I ddint hear anything about this in the news, did you?

Do you have a link where you found these statistics? Not doubting you but those numbers seem awfully high.

bentprops

Reaction score
i just went to google and typed how many people disaper in the USA every year. A couple years ago wehn i discoverd this it had come from and fbi website.

here you go

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Google is yore friend. Was almost 1m in the mid 90's.

1632753138574.png

C-2

Reaction score
I don't think the numbers should be a shock. Every newscast has a missing person, same as the daily newspaper. Endless posts on NextDoor and Facebook...

A few years back I opened the online newspaper to see that an ex-girlfriend went missing. Of course, all eyes turned to the latest boyfriend. It all unfolded on social media...boyfriend had this female cousin who was defending his name, but she became suspicious of her cuz and tipped the police to his last known location. Cops found the ex strangled to death and stuffed inside a suitcase in San Diego. Not something you expect to read, lol