WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I would love to see them or the Mormon tabernacle orchestra play.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
You might be surprised to hear that some of the most memorable Western scores including this one, was composed by Italian, Ennio Morricone. He composed more than 400 movie scores for cinema, known as the Spaghetti Western genre. His score from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in 1966 is regarded as one of The most recognizable and influential soundtracks in history and was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. I recently studied his past as the band I’m the conductor/musical director of (Long Beach Municipal Band) is performing some of these sound tracks this Summer. 👍

Clank123

Reaction score
Clint turned 93 yesterday.
F8890AE8-1B63-466B-89A4-1D6714129444.jpeg

Had a meeting at the Lions Drag Strip Museum yesterday.
Clint loves the place and is loaning the Torino from the movie for Display😎

2D079080-89F8-41FF-B1A1-DCF5676323BD.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
You might be surprised to hear that some of the most memorable Western scores including this one, was composed by Italian, Ennio Morricone. He composed more than 400 movie scores for cinema, known as the Spaghetti Western genre. His score from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in 1966 is regarded as one of The most recognizable and influential soundtracks in history and was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. I recently studied his past as the band I’m the conductor/musical director of (Long Beach Municipal Band) is performing some of these sound tracks this Summer. 👍

Probably my favorite soundtrack of his is from the movie The Mission.
Incredible stuff. 👍

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Totally awesome- one moment in time all working together for one common goal- GREAT auditorium!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
That was awesome !! Such a perfect song to do a major orchestra presentation.

C-2

Reaction score
Huge Ennio fan here.

Hard to think of Ennio without his soprano Susanna by his side. They performed in Europe and were treated like...rockstars! Seeing him live was a bucket list item :(

I play his soundtracks at work and everybody thinks I'm a freak lol lol.

I started watching this vid when it had hundreds of views....

Also love this one. There is a vid with an armed forces rendition...but hard to beat the original.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Huge Ennio fan here.

Hard to think of Ennio without his soprano Susanna by his side. They performed in Europe and were treated like...rockstars! Seeing him live was a bucket list item :(

I play his soundtracks at work and everybody thinks I'm a freak lol lol.

I started watching this vid when it had hundreds of views....

Also love this one. There is a vid with an armed forces rendition...but hard to beat the original.

I would have loved to have seen him live as well! It was the use of vocals, usually sopranos doubling the melodic line that was so unique and musically powerful. That’s cool that you like and share his music!

PDQH2O

Reaction score
Well done, Danish National Symphony Orchestra. It’s always fascinating to me to see how unique sounds are produced without a synthesizer. Acoustic music is much more interesting than music electronically produced.

The hanging guy over the choir at 1:04 is a nice touch pointing back to the movie.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen him live as well! It was the use of vocals, usually sopranos doubling the melodic line that was so unique and musically powerful. That’s cool that you like and share his music!
I always thought some of the vocals were synthesizers.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
For those of you that love those Westerns… Here is a little treat that won’t disappoint…

Why do the choral singers always need to hold the sheet music in front of them, did they not practice enough, they're not sure where their vocals are needed, have they never seen the movie The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly? The soprano didn't need any sheet music and she hit all her marks.