WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Great Outdoors - Suck My Wake

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Its a Miller. I think there were 2 built for the movie and 1 was still around during the PB days

JBZ

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this boat? Just saw the movie last night and had never seen it before.

How about the schiada outboard at 1:11 . In the background

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Those were the original boats that were going to be used in the film, but then they switched to the flat bottom.. There was a couple Schiada's built with an open deck and they were used as camera platforms. Crazy Hippy used to have one, and the guys down at WOT marine had the other one.

RD

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What lake was it filmed on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Some scenes the engine has a blower, some scenes it’s a tunnel ram.
I’ve read the blower was just a shell?

The top pully doesnt even turn when they start it in that clip posted above, confirming it was just for looks

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Great movie but it's different now than when I first watched it, there were a couple scenes taken out and this one I liked.
On one television version, there is a scene where Chet is trying to maneuver his vehicle with the drag boat trailer onto the road. Roman's suggestions are not helping, as Chet almost hits different obstacles blocking his path. An officer (played by Troy Evans) notices this and approaches informing Chet that he is watching Chet's navigation. Finally Chet successfully makes it on the road. As they are driving away laughing at the officer, the boat slides off the trailer and into the street.

USClb41

Reaction score
Great movie but it's different now than when I first watched it, there were a couple scenes taken out and this one I liked.
On one television version, there is a scene where Chet is trying to maneuver his vehicle with the drag boat trailer onto the road. Roman's suggestions are not helping, as Chet almost hits different obstacles blocking his path. An officer (played by Troy Evans) notices this and approaches informing Chet that he is watching Chet's navigation. Finally Chet successfully makes it on the road. As they are driving away laughing at the officer, the boat slides off the trailer and into the street.
Me too, been awhile since I've seen a version with that scene still in it.....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Those were the original boats that were going to be used in the film, but then they switched to the flat bottom.. There was a couple Schiada's built with an open deck and they were used as camera platforms. Crazy Hippy used to have one, and the guys down at WOT marine had the other one.

RD
When my cousin and I were looking into buying a boat, before we found the Lavey, a friend of ours had a line on one of those camera boats and we were really thinking about buying it but decided to go this route instead.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
That was a hilarious movie with the boat scenes, the bear, the steak, etc...

azhondo

Reaction score
Scott Blevins former drag boat racer build the boats in Bass Lake knows all about them most info is wrong you can get him at Fire on the Mountain Productions he puts on Nostalgia drag boat shows he will be happy to tell you all about the movie he is Chris Blevins Church mouse older brother

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When Roman puts the boat in gear to pull candy skiing he grabs the cavitation handle and shoves it forward not the gear shift.

2Driver

Reaction score
You gonna ski or what?

LOL that was our saying when we skied and the skier was taking too much time getting situated.

LOL who just now saw this classic. 🤓

Last edited:

Rayson1971

Reaction score
16001338001901488924887.jpg

I got the t shirt

Cdog

Reaction score
I grew up with that being one of my favorite movies. We had the VHS tape and would crank call people prior to caller ID with the 66'66666sssssssss X's in the head stutterer guy. lol!

I've wanted to head up to Bass lake for some time now. I read they require you to buy a permit to boat on the lake and you have to buy some kind of special fuel too.

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
I grew up with that being one of my favorite movies. We had the VHS tape and would crank call people prior to caller ID with the 66'66666sssssssss X's in the head stutterer guy. lol!

I've wanted to head up to Bass lake for some time now. I read they require you to buy a permit to boat on the lake and you have to buy some kind of special fuel too.

no special fuel, registration yes. You can try and get by without but will take the chance of getting stopped, Then you will need it. It’s about $50 for the year. Great place

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
no special fuel, registration yes. You can try and get by without but will take the chance of getting stopped, Then you will need it. It’s about $50 for the year. Great place

Is there a length or speed limit?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Registration?

Like CF or AZ numbers with currents tags?

Does Bass Lake have a length or speed limit for boats like Lake Arrowhead does.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I own a Miller v drive "sister boat" to SMW (not one of the two) , been setting on it for years , have had designs on replicating SMW , but wont likley ever do so , It is for sale

varmit86

Reaction score
Saw that one for sale couple years back on cars on line under movie vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
the sherriff's sticker is now $65 bucks pretty sure......... good for the calender year. so if you wanted to go there buy it early. nothing like buying it in august for a 1 time use.

--the lake is pretty. pretty small though... not sure about a speed limit, but it's definetly a counter-clockwise lake.

jones performance

Reaction score
She's so insecure! Last night, she shoved them in the clerk's face at the 7-11, Honey, relax, will you. They're beautiful. They look right and they feel right!
Mister, will you try them and tell her they feel right? As a favor to me?

What are neighbors for!?

oh those are fun the whole family! id take those over a power tool any day.. lol

One2go

Reaction score
Went there couple years ago around New Years. Lake was almost drained.you could walk out hundred yards. Stayed at the hotel /resort they filmed it at. What a dump. Lol. The locals said they lower the water every fall in case snow melt off. Every little shop has stuff about the movie for sale.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

no shit? I never saw that

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
the sherriff's sticker is now $65 bucks pretty sure......... good for the calender year. so if you wanted to go there buy it early. nothing like buying it in august for a 1 time use.

--the lake is pretty. pretty small though... not sure about a speed limit, but it's definetly a counter-clockwise lake.

All lakes are counter clockwise?