WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Hamlett Project

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They will look better when you get the manifold and carb on.

Hammer

Reaction score
They will look better when you get the manifold and carb on.

That's what I'm thinking. I think the exhaust will make it look better as well.

No Carb on this build. Went the EFI route although I regret it financially. [emoji85]

hallett21

Reaction score
Mike how's this coming along? Gonna make summer of 18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
Mike how's this coming along? Gonna make summer of 18?

Yes it will. It took a back seat to picking up a motorhome and an enclosed trailer. January 1st she gets my full attention.

As soon as I get back Brian at B&D is getting me the all the engine Accessory brackets and a pulley kit.

My goal is to have her on the water in March.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Nice to hear you’re keeping it. Last I remember it might have been for sale

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_1419.JPG

She’s out from a long hiatus. Time to finalize the gel work and finish the transom/engine bay. Feel bad I had to put this build on hold for so long.. the wife wants it sold. But I’m married and committed to finishing what I started.

Stay tuned.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 613967

She’s out from a long hiatus. Time to finalize the gel work and finish the transom/engine bay. Feel bad I had to put this build on hold for so long.. the wife wants it sold. But I’m married and committed to finishing what I started.

Stay tuned.

There’s only room on the river for 1 yellow vector and mines gonna be so dope when it’s done you may as well sell yours to a NorCal guy, lol

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Looking good Mikey.

Hammer

Reaction score
There’s only room on the river for 1 yellow vector and mines gonna be so dope when it’s done you may as well sell yours to a NorCal guy, lol

LOL. The wife would like that. Maybe I will when it’s done. [emoji85]

She’s still digs that 210 you picked up.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
LOL. The wife would like that. Maybe I will when it’s done. [emoji85]

She’s still digs that 210 you picked up.

I believe it’s already got a buyer ( the 210. ) just waiting on my vector to be done so I can pass it on to the next guy :)
If not i know a female that your close to was interested in it :D

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_1451.JPG

Picked up the engine accessories. Huge shout out to bob Teague for the shop tour and helping me get all the parts I needed.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_7778.JPG
IMG_7780.JPG
IMG_7781.JPG

Huge shout out to Bob Teague, the guy answered the phone 20 minutes before closing and says, “swing by and I’ll get you the fasteners and machine the 7 custom spacers you need To get the belts to line up”

Next stop is B & D Marine to get wired and plumbed for install. [emoji41]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
8C8977B4-6492-42CB-8D7A-F8AE870CB909.jpeg
Lol you could of asked AJ, looks pretty similar to mine
I’ll bet your still done before me

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hammer have you considered putting the 24 motor in the Vector and this new motor in the 24?

You are selling the Vector right?

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_1485.JPG

Disassembled the rest of the transom stuff and degreased the engine bay. Vacuumed and washed the inside as well. Need to add a return line bung in the tanks for EFI and will gel the engine bay next week. Hopefully be ready to drop the motor in at the end of the month. [emoji1303]

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer have you considered putting the 24 motor in the Vector and this new motor in the 24?

You are selling the Vector right?

I did consider it yes. I came to the realization that I’m not ready to sell the Vector. I want to finish what I started.

Here is the overall plan:

Finish the motor and drop it in the Vector. Install new carpet and drop in the old interior for this season. See how it runs with the drive it has and change the set up as needed. Possibly put new interior in it after the season.

In the mean time, put my dads blown 496 back together, small weiand blower with a single dominator set up. (Been collecting dust for years in the corner of the garage)It’s a proven combination that pushed his 240 into the 90’s. Pull the “new motor” and drop the freshened up 496 in the Vector.

Then either put the Vector up for sale or toss the keys to my younger brother and come up with a payment plan.

The 240 is a turn Key family boat and it’s going to stay that way. I’ll put the 565 in it if/when The 496 is ready to go.

At some point I need to do some “soul searching” and decide when/how Im going to Jump up to a 270 or 300.

The dilemma I have with a bigger boat is storage and cost. I will drop some coin on a new(er) big boat and ditch the other two boats. But we need to be in a comfortable financial position to do that. Right now the two boats I have don’t cost me anything as they are paid for.

Last edited:

UltraLucky

Reaction score
View attachment 618213

Disassembled the rest of the transom stilufg and degreaser the engine bay. Vacuumed washed the inside as well. Need to add a return line bung in the tanks for EFI and will gel the engine bay next week. Hopefully be ready to drop the motor in at the end of the month. [emoji1303]

Looks good, We ran the fuel return thru fuel filter setup and were able to avoid taping into the tank for a return line.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I did consider it yes. I came to the realization that I’m not ready to sell the Vector. I want to finish what I started.

Finish the motor and drop it in the Vector. Install new carpet and drop in the old interior for this season. See how it runs with the drive it has and change the set up as needed. Possibly put new interior in it after the season.

In the mean time, put my dads blown 496 back together, small weiand blower with a single dominator set up. (Been collecting dust for years in the corner of the garage)It’s a proven combination that pushed his 240 into the 90’s. Pull the “new motor” and drop the freshened up 496 in the Vector.

Then either put the Vector up for sale or toss the keys to my younger brother and come up with a payment plan.

The 240 is a turn Key family boat and it’s going to stay that way. I’ll put the 565 in it if/when The 496 is ready to go.

At some point I need to do some “soul searching” and decide when/how Im going to Jump up to a 270 or 300.

The dilemma I have with a bigger boat is storage and cost. I will drop some coin on a new(er) big boat and ditch the other two boats. But we need to be in a comfortable financial position to do that. Right now the two boats don’t cost me anything as they are paid for.

Just make the 24 the way you want it. Or buy this 30

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1995-hallett-300t-103120753/

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

The dilemma I have with a bigger boat is storage and cost. I will drop some coin on a new(er) big boat and ditch the other two boats. But we need to be in a comfortable financial position to do that. Right now the two boats don’t cost me anything as they are paid for.

Storage is our big issue. When we upgrade our boat I’m praying that a 27’ or 28’ is going to fit, otherwise we are in trouble. Monthly storage is not in the budget.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Storage is our big issue. When we upgrade our boat I’m praying that a 27’ or 28’ is going to fit, otherwise we are in trouble. Monthly storage is not in the budget.
Sideways with a folding tounge in your BH house. Tight as hell but it might work.

Hammer

Reaction score
Looks good, We ran the fuel return thru fuel filter setup and were able to avoid taping into the tank for a return line.

That’s the other option I was thinking of. [emoji1303]

Runs2rch

Reaction score
We already have a 240 in the family, I want something different.

That 30 is sweet, but a new one would be even sweeter! [emoji41][emoji85]

Supposedly the mold is no more. Have to see if that is true.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

The dilemma I have with a bigger boat is storage and cost. I will drop some coin on a new(er) big boat and ditch the other two boats. But we need to be in a comfortable financial position to do that. Right now the two boats I have don’t cost me anything as they are paid for.

IMO you should try to keep it all in the family, you have already done most of the hard work. Love to see you keep it all in your family, this stuff is really expensive to do if you do not have the talents you have Hammer. I have really enjoyed following along, I anticipate a great ending to your build!

Hammer

Reaction score
IMO you should try to keep it all in the family, you have already done most of the hard work. Love to see you keep it all in your family, this stuff is really expensive to do if you do not have the talents you have Hammer. I have really enjoyed following along, I anticipate a great ending to your build!

Thank you for the kind words. I’d love to keep in the family as well. I’m 90% sure that it will.

hallett21

Reaction score
Hammer you going with a regular bravo or a sport master?

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer you going with a regular bravo or a sport master?

Regular Bravo for now. I’d wager there is an imco -2 lower going on it at some point.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I hope you decide to keep her Hammer. You have poured your heart and soul into her. It would be a shame to see it go.

Hammer

Reaction score
I hope you decide to keep her Hammer. You have poured your heart and soul into her. It would be a shame to see it go.

I’d really like to keep her but I need a place indoors to store her.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_1851.JPG

Home stretch.... boat and motor are headed to Havasu.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_1868.JPG

En route to Havasu to finish her up. Hoping to have her on the water by Memorial weekend. [emoji41]

Hammer

Reaction score
Who’s doing the work in havasu?

A few different people. I may have Nordic/Hallett do the interior, need to talk to them first . Stopping by a few shops for the gel work quotes. Outdrive 1 and I may wire the boat ourselves. He owes me LOL.

In short. I’m not sure yet.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

Filled in the dash where the stereo was. There were minor cracks in the yellow that needed to be fixed. I had them shoot the transom in grey as well. They are about to sling up the boat and shoot the keel! [emoji1303]

riverholic88

Reaction score
View attachment 618213

Disassembled the rest of the transom stuff and degreased the engine bay. Vacuumed and washed the inside as well. Need to add a return line bung in the tanks for EFI and will gel the engine bay next week. Hopefully be ready to drop the motor in at the end of the month. [emoji1303]
Hey Mike, if you ever decide to sell before it is finished, let me know and I will build it like I built "The Red Bandit"

Hammer

Reaction score
Hey Mike, if you ever decide to sell before it is finished, let me know and I will build it like I built "The Red Bandit"

Sounds good. But it should be done and in the water by June I think.

Hammer

Reaction score
Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes... We are back on track with the help of good friend(s)to get it done. The goal is to be in the water by HIH in Sept.

If you don’t know of or have not heard of Lakeside Speed and Shine you will now. Jim McKay the owner of Lakeside took in my Vector on a phone call the same day to get my gel coat where it needed to be. He also installed all of my flush mount hardware and will be powder coating my motor mounts.

I won’t take my boat(s) anywhere else for gel repairs. He kept me updated on progress via text and told me when it would be done and actually finished early(unheard of in Havasu IMO). We started out with a budget and how far I wanted to go. Jim took it from there.

Lakeside specialty is custom hot rods. Check out their IG page to see some of their builds. One of my favorites is the Bronco they just finished up. However they have a detail and gel repair side as well.

Lakeside Speed & Shine
3131 Maricopa Ave.
Lake Havasu City,Az 86406
1 (928) 230-7353

IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2046.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg

If you go to Lakesides IG there is a video walk around when he was done with the first stage of sanding and cut and buff

The boat will be ready for pickup next week and will be hiding in safe keeping until the engine is dressed and ready for install. More on that later....

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Theres a lotta sexy Hallett in that storage! SOB that thing looks good! Looking forward to seeing it in September!