WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Hard numbers of Covid

boatnam2

Reaction score
I think many have turned a blind eye to what this thing is, but i know everyone has a number to know when its no longer doom and gloom and real. We will be a 6000 today 1000 more than yesterday. Hopefully even if people are social distancing at the lake they keep it to themselves. If nothing else i will use this a reminder journal on how many deaths thing will eventually cause. 100,000 body bags have been ordered, i hope they don't need them all.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a video on my phone of a nurse walking thru body bags in NY.. it’s horrible.

I have been told five patients have died at Havasu Hospital of respiratory problems. They are only testing first responders out here so they can’t confirm they were corona virus or not.

A refrigerated truck has been delivered here locally as well. :(

Another doctor here in Havasu posted online that at this point it would be better to assume everyone has it and act accordingly.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
People here found out a family of 3 had it (they survived) and on Nextdoor things started to get ugly. Fat shaming is NOTHING like Covid-19 shaming and people calling others out asking why they went to stores, etc. This could get really ugly as this is the tip of the iceberg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
People here found out a family of 3 had it (they survived) and on Nextdoor things started to get ugly. Fat shaming is NOTHING like Covid-19 shaming and people calling others out asking why they went to stores, etc. This could get really ugly as this is the tip of the iceberg

It already is ugly. But if you broadcast your life on social media that is what you are going to get.

We aren’t even over the hump yet. There are going to be some tough days ahead this month.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If we caught it I think I’d have friends go shopping and leave the groceries at the door l..

EmpirE231

Reaction score
where are the hard numbers? I have heard there is a lot of misreporting of numbers going on, such as cardiac arrest deaths being recorded as a covid death due to testing positive? I know case numbers will continue to skyrocket, because of the amount of testing going on.

My take... this thing has been rocking and rolling through our society since late November. We barely pumped the brakes on things 2 weeks ago...... wouldn't the majority of people have already been exposed to this virus?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
where are the hard numbers? I have heard there is a lot of misreporting of numbers going on, such as cardiac arrest deaths being recorded as a covid death due to testing positive? I know case numbers will continue to skyrocket, because of the amount of testing going on.

My take... this thing has been rocking and rolling through our society since late November. We barely pumped the brakes on things 2 weeks ago...... wouldn't the majority of people have already been exposed to this virus?

Yep yep and yep.

The death “hard numbers” are indeed real. Most deaths are just chalked up to COVID-19. The number of confirmed cases we see on the news is only confirmed cases. There are double, quadruple, 10x, who knows how many actual cases that go unconfirmed or show no symptoms.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

It largely depends on where you live. Current projects for her in IL shows we have a surplus of beds and only a small gap in ICU beds. Vents are the real shortfall.

But social distancing and stay-at-home orders seems to be working since the growth in reported cases is actually slowing, reported deaths were down today compared to yesterday.

3 million people die every year in the US. This year it will probably be more. We'll just have to wait and see at this point.

boatnam2

Reaction score
It already is ugly. But if you broadcast your life on social media that is what you are going to get.

We aren’t even over the hump yet. There are going to be some tough days ahead this month.
Don't tell river nitwits that, post count may go down

boatnam2

Reaction score
I hope when i look back at this post in a year or so i say goddamn the government had me fooled, everyone was right, its just a flu, shit more people die walking under a ladder. As for hard numbers, i can only go by what he CDC has posted, few friends that work in medical field, friend who is a doctor, are they telling the truth or not only time will tell. I still hear daily this shit is a hoax and its all made up, these are the guys i hope are right.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Im in long beach and have tried twice to be tested and didn't even come close, i think the number for LBC estimated total available tests to be had is around 500 from report from Mayor, so that leaves a lot of unknowns just in my city alone about a half million people.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Of the 6000 cases how many are back to healthy or trending to healthy

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Of the 6000 cases how many are back to healthy or trending to healthy

I think he is referring to deaths? We are at 5800+ deaths, 10,400+ recovered and 244K confirmed cases (tested) in the US.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I hope when i look back at this post in a year or so i say goddamn the government had me fooled, everyone was right, its just a flu, shit more people die walking under a ladder. As for hard numbers, i can only go by what he CDC has posted, few friends that work in medical field, friend who is a doctor, are they telling the truth or not only time will tell. I still hear daily this shit is a hoax and its all made up, these are the guys i hope are right.

What does a "government had me fooled" number look like to you?

What I have been saying from the beginning - that this is not as deadly as advertised - is already starting to bear out. They are already saying the mortality rate is closer to 2% (30% lower than has been advertised for a month+) and will likely continue to fall.

Lets just say CV-19 is 2% mortality rate. The flu is .01%, and around 56,000 people die in the US from the FLU per year. If we have LESS than 20X the number of flu deaths from CV-19 (that is 1.12 MILLION people in the US dead from CV-19) is that a good thing?

The government is guessing that there will be between 100K and 240K deaths this year from CV-19. If that bears out, that seems extraordinarily good for a virus that is 20X deadlier than the flu. If they are correct, it is AT WORST only equal to 4 years of flu deaths. AT BEST it could be less than 2 years of flu deaths.

If CV-19 is a one time thing, and you have to deal with the flu EVERY year, over your lifetime the flu poses a bigger risk of you dying than 1 season of CV-19.

But if you or a loved one is sick or worse dead, that does not make anyone feel any better.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Everyone likes the the flu comparison, So let's say the flu does kill 56000 a year, how many does it kill it we don't all get flu shots? Most have no problem getting a flu shot.

Then lets say Covid kills how many? They have shutdown just about the whole program as we know it to slow it, so why do people still act like its nothing? That is the only part i can't wrap my head around. I know millions will die this year from all kinds of shit, but breathing on someone seems like a easy solution that may help if everyone could practice it, if even for a few weeks or month.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LA county today:

OC today: About 1.9% at this point
33606D01-BB62-45B6-AD8D-81392735A1D9.png

buck35

Reaction score
My mom is 95, and at risk.. I am over 60 and at risk . Everyone is going to die from something. I hope this is not the end for us , but if so , I never actually expected to make it this far in life.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Everyone likes the the flu comparison, So let's say the flu does kill 56000 a year, how many does it kill it we don't all get flu shots? Most have no problem getting a flu shot.

Then lets say Covid kills how many? They have shutdown just about the whole program as we know it to slow it, so why do people still act like its nothing? That is the only part i can't wrap my head around. I know millions will die this year from all kinds of shit, but breathing on someone seems like a easy solution that may help if everyone could practice it, if even for a few weeks or month.

People have different views on mortality. Some people want to go on their own terms, especially older people.

People act like it is nothing because they have a 98%+ chance of surviving it. And they have a 100% chance their life is financially ruined if they freeze their life and stay home to wait and see what happens.

Another reason is that people were told the world was going to end and millions would be sick and dying and it hasn’t happened yet.
When you are told the world will end nonstop for a month and only 13 people are dead in LA.. most people lose interest.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
My mom is 95, and at risk.. I am over 60 and at risk . Everyone is going to die from something. I hope this is not the end for us , but if so , I never actually expected to make it this far in life.
Yea i was hoping for 40 on day, now Im almost 60 i have bumped that number up lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
People have different views on mortality. Some people want to go on their own terms, especially older people.

People act like it is nothing because they have a 98%+ chance of surviving it. And they have a 100% chance their life is financially ruined if they freeze their life and stay home to wait and see what happens.

Another reason is that people were told the world was going to end and millions would be sick and dying and it hasn’t happened yet.
When you are told the world will end nonstop for a month and only 13 people are dead in LA.. most people lose interest.

I guess so, Well talking about it helps at least for me it does, why i bring it up.