WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The "Ignore" feature, Making RDP Great Again!!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
This is a Boating social forum. And while different ideas and opinions make the world go 'round, some people's are like too much spice for a recipe.
Enter the Ignore feature. With just a few clicks "Boom" the spice that was WAY too heavy is gone and the world and RDP, still with its different views and opinions is a Great Again once more!
Does using the Ignore feature make you or any ignored inmate a bad person? Of course not! I'm sure in reality a person you may Ignore is a swell individual, and that person has possibly been validated by other inmates as a "really great person- in person"
Is ignoring and inmate that occasionally has great insight into things but is overbearing in option like throwing the baby out with the bath water? Heck no! There's So much great content on RDP that anything THAT Amazing a single person could post could hardly be missed! But the redundant and constant issues that the same person brings, I think simply to rile up others, will certainly NOT be missed. In fact, I believe that trade off is a HUGE WIN to a person's overall enjoyment and entertainment here at RDP!
Carry on..... :D

wishiknew

Reaction score
This is a Boating social forum. And while different ideas and opinions make the world go 'round, some people's are like too much spice for a recipe.
Enter the Ignore feature. With just a few clicks "Boom" the spice that was WAY too heavy is gone and the world and RDP, still with its different views and opinions is a Great Again once more!
Does using the Ignore feature make you or any ignored inmate a bad person? Of course not! I'm sure in reality a person you may Ignore is a swell individual, and that person has possibly been validated by other inmates as a "really great person- in person"
Is ignoring and inmate that occasionally has great insight into things but is overbearing in option like throwing the baby out with the bath water? Heck no! There's So much great content on RDP that anything THAT Amazing a single person could post could hardly be missed! But the redundant and constant issues that the same person brings, I think simply to rile up others, will certainly NOT be missed. In fact, I believe that trade off is a HUGE WIN to a person's overall enjoyment and entertainment here at RDP!
Carry on..... :D
So your afraid of a post of a dildo ??

HitIt

Reaction score
The ignore feature on this forum works really well. It actually makes people pretty much disappear. Much better than the last forum platform that RDP was using.

I dont understand why people are so down on the ignore feature. Its all about increasing the signal to noise ratio :)

River Runnin

Reaction score
The ignore feature on this forum works really well. It actually makes people pretty much disappear. Much better than the last forum platform that RDP was using.

I dont understand why people are so down on the ignore feature. Its all about increasing the signal to noise ratio :)

One Thread and read one post from #2 above, I used the ignore button for the first time...These cock sucking libtard trolls are here intentionally to fuck up RDP, spread hate, and perpetuate their desire to make peoples lives miserable! :rolleyes:

River Runnin

Reaction score
Never happen buddy

I know!...but sounded good at the time!...peeps using RDP lounge for their political left bs because they can’t use the political forum just keeps tap’n them nerves! :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Does nobody have the intestinal fortitude to decifer their own thoughts if opposing opinions are thrown at you?
The manner in which Greg chooses to toss gas on a fire isn't particularly healthy but I do appreciate him adding thought provoking topics, whether or not I or others agree with the point of view. Discussions, if they actually stayed on topic, only make you learn about and understand a broader view of your perceived "enemy". Nobody said you have to agree, nor does he have to agree with any of our/your opinions. It is what has made our great country what it is, if only one opinion existed we'd be living a communist life.

playdeep

Reaction score
Does nobody have the intestinal fortitude to decifer their own thoughts if opposing opinions are thrown at you?
The manner in which Greg chooses to toss gas on a fire isn't particularly healthy but I do appreciate him adding thought provoking topics, whether or not I or others agree with the point of view. Discussions, if they actually stayed on topic, only make you learn about and understand a broader view of your perceived "enemy". Nobody said you have to agree, nor does he have to agree with any of our/your opinions. It is what has made our great country what it is, if only one opinion existed we'd be living a communist life.

Weak Sauce...
How many threads go south because fagboy not getting the attention he so desperately craves,interjects something completely inappropriate.
Just to turn the spotlight on himself?
I visit this website for the comraderie.
...not to be constantly trolled by petulant insecure attention whore.

HitIt

Reaction score

There are quite a few members that have opinions that differ from mine and I am fine with that. I am not blocking everyone. Just a member here or there that is particularly annoying. Hard for me to grasp why that is so hard for certain people to understand.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Wow zig that was deep!

instagator

Reaction score
One Thread and read one post from #2 above, I used the ignore button for the first time...These cock sucking libtard trolls are here intentionally to fuck up RDP, spread hate, and perpetuate their desire to make peoples lives miserable! :rolleyes:
Is this sight only for the right ?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I chuckle everytime this topic comes up. Some of you fucking hypocrites like to talk shit on all the libard snowflakes for being millennial pussys while, all in the same breath, put some fucktard on ignore for offending you over what said fucktard says. How does that work? How do you let someone you've probably never met in your life affect you that much? It's a fucking joke lol.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Strangely..

I agree with this..

Weak Sauce...
How many threads go south because fagboy not getting the attention he so desperately craves,interjects something completely inappropriate.
Just to turn the spotlight on himself?
I visit this website for the comraderie.
...not to be constantly trolled by petulant insecure attention whore.

But on the same token I also agree with this.. LOL

In reality it's one thing to have a different opinion. While I'll never pretend to understand the liberal mentality I do agree with their right to have it. As Ziggy said different opinions are what make the world go round, and honestly a Forum is supposed to be an exchange of information and ideas.

As PlayDeep said though, I'm not sure this is about differing opinions anymore. It's dragging nets to see if he can catch someone on the line. It's to the point now where he's asking what the fishing limits are in the lounge etc. And it's fucking up thread after thread..

"Look here's a nice boat" nice comments follow, and questions etc.. Then Greg enters and the whole thread turns into a shit show about Greg. That starts with some dissenting comment, or doing something rude, and then shit show begins.

Hey that's fine, not everybody has to like everything.. but turning as many people sour as you can isn't healthy for the forum.. Turning every thread in the forum sour, isn't healthy for the forum as a whole.

He was complaining to me last night about possibly being a "victim" and other people starting things with him. I don't see that as the case.

This is no different then those MJ chops.. It isn't the chop that I had an issue with per say.. It's the chop being placed in every single thread possible at every opportunity possible to where it actually fucks up the website as a whole. At that point you can't fix the disruption, you remove the person causing it.

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
This site has maintained internet superiority for these many reasons sir. :)

Strangely..

I agree with this..

In reality it's one thing to have a different opinion. While I'll never pretend to understand the liberal mentality I do agree with their right to have it. As Ziggy said different opinions are what make the world go round, and honestly a Forum is supposed to be an exchange of information and ideas.

As PlayDeep said though, I'm not sure this is about differing opinions anymore. It's dragging nets to see if he can catch someone on the line. It's to the point now where he's asking what the fishing limits are in the lounge etc. And it's fucking up thread after thread..

"Look here's a nice boat" nice comments follow, and questions etc.. Then Greg enters and the whole thread turns into a shit show about Greg.

He was complaining to me last night about possibly being a "victim" and other people starting things with him. I don't see that as the case.

I enjoy his participation here in some threads... But when a guy starts turning every thread sideways, then we have to moderate or curb that action. It isn't any different then those stupid Michael Jordan deals.. I don't give a shit about them (albeit I never found the humor in it). But when certain members posted them literally in every single fucking thread on planet earth.. The problem isn't so much about the MJ pic, the problem is the disruption. At some point you either fix the disruption, or you fix the problem as a whole by removing the class clown.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score
Strangely..

I agree with this..

"Look here's a nice boat" nice comments follow, and questions etc.. Then Greg enters and the whole thread turns into a shit show about Greg. That starts with some dissenting comment, or doing something rude, and then shit show begins.

Hey that's fine, not everybody has to like everything.. but turning as many people sour as you can isn't healthy for the forum.. Turning every thread in the forum sour, isn't healthy for the forum as a whole.

This is no different then those MJ chops.. It isn't the chop that I had an issue with per say.. It's the chop being placed in every single thread possible at every opportunity possible to where it actually fucks up the website as a whole. At that point you can't fix the disruption, you remove the person causing it.
Then what r u waiting for. Seems u kinda answered your own post within your post ....plus you have another one of those in the political section

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

milkmoney

Reaction score
I chuckle everytime this topic comes up. Some of you fucking hypocrites like to talk shit on all the libard snowflakes for being millennial pussys while, all in the same breath, put some fucktard on ignore for offending you over what said fucktard says. How does that work? How do you let someone you've probably never met in your life affect you that much? It's a fucking joke lol.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
I have met grads in person and I don't let him bother me. Although, seems in this last year he has stepped up his annoying posts, I jus shake my head and move on. [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Just so you know the bag limit in the lounge is still 10 per day.
Strangely..

I agree with this..

H2O

Reaction score
Strangely..
I agree with this..

Emblematic of today's world...any behavior or belief system, when taken to the extreme, tends to cause problems. And social media is often an amplifier of that extremism.

Thankfully in this corner of the internet you have veto power, and get to say when enough is too much.

Keep up the good work.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
As a native Californian I understand and tolerate Grads as it is the norm around here and I am used to it. I am surprised that he is able to hook as many people as he does on his little fishing expeditions. I find myself laughing at his posts more than I get upset because I don't believe he is as big of a tool as he pretends to be.

He gets off on this shit and after the past few weeks with threads all about him he is going to have to go see the doctor for tennis elbow.

I am really curious to see how his new Formula performs and what he can deliver in terms of boating content from Tahoe. I have never boated on Tahoe and it is a beautiful place.

I have stayed out of P & G for awhile so not sure whats going on down there but I can imagine it goes something like this:

Inmate #1: CA sucks, Trump Rules, Hillary is the devil.
Grads: Libtard nonsense that no one believes to be true
Inmate #2: You can't be that stupid
Inmate #3: Derogatory comment about Grads
Inmate #4: Ban Grads
RD: I don't know why I put up with this shit
Inmate #5: Ban Grads

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
So your afraid of a post of a dildo ??

Nope. Those were actually funny like five years ago. And Grads took a shit ton of crap or them, handled really well by him for the most part. But when he brings it back up Himself, years later for no reason, it goes from beat dead horse to pathetic attention grab. (Just as an example) The trolling through threads for attention is what I'm tired of, and read posts by others that they too are tired of it. I'm simply reminding all there's a fix for it- to each his own. If there was a filter to cut out the attention seeking crap, that would be even better. I'm interested in Grads posts about his Tahoe adventures and would love to see more of his 66 Caddy. But with SO much other content on this site, I will sacrifice the good with the bad. Believe me, I have no personal issue with him, he's got my number for any time he wants to talk. But I can do without the "Grads" persona and look forward to talking to Greg! I believe there's a difference.
There are plenty other views on this site that fifer from mine. It's great! I've gained insight to issues I was pretty closed minded about because of this site. That's it's beauty.

4Waters

Reaction score
As a native Californian I understand and tolerate Grads as it is the norm around here and I am used to it. I am surprised that he is able to hook as many people as he does on his little fishing expeditions. I find myself laughing at his posts more than I get upset because I don't believe he is as big of a tool as he pretends to be.

He gets off on this shit and after the past few weeks with threads all about him he is going to have to go see the doctor for tennis elbow.

I am really curious to see how his new Formula performs and what he can deliver in terms of boating content from Tahoe. I have never boated on Tahoe and it is a beautiful place.

I have stayed out of P & G for awhile so not sure whats going on down there but I can imagine it goes something like this:

Inmate #1: CA sucks, Trump Rules, Hillary is the devil.
Grads: Libtard nonsense that no one believes to be true
Inmate #2: You can't be that stupid
Inmate #3: Derogatory comment about Grads
Inmate #4: Ban Grads
RD: I don't know why I put up with this shit
Inmate #5: Ban Grads
LOL, you forgot f**k off grads and go suck on a dildo grads. I laugh a lot as well and I do enjoy his true boating threads. I do think he is treading on thin ice right now and he is very close to going on vacation again for no other reason other than to let everyone else calm down.

@shintoooo when are you going to do your "if I get 25 likes in X amount of time I will ban grads" thread.:D

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
LOL, you forgot f**k off grads and go suck on a dildo grads. I laugh a lot as well and I do enjoy his true boating threads. I do think he is treading on thin ice right now and he is very close to going on vacation again for no other reason other than to let everyone else calm down.

@shintoooo when are you going to do your "if I get 25 likes in X amount of time I will ban grads" thread.:D

He was already banned by Dave last night lol

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I remember a milestone post by RD on Hotboats that was spot on describing how the trolls and turds ruined that forum. RD was furious and may forget that. RD wasn't messin' around.
Some amazing people with some quality content and presence simply logged out never to return was RD's take. The forum had become a shadow of what it once was and rotting away RD went on to add.
"I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered Hotboats, and now it's degenerated to this" went RD's take. The trolls and the turds ran everyone off.

YFZ central was a terrific off roading forum until the mods let the turds take it over. All the epic people left never to return.
In addition, no ignore feature at the time so a once thriving forum backed into hell and there it remains.

Those turds eventually bought Rzrs and damn near annihilated the astronomically thriving Rzr forums until the site creators woke up and started weeding them out both by banning them and the ignore feature.
Rzr forums was sold, the new owners let the banned fuck balls back in, eliminated the ignore feature and the forum took another nuke bomb to their contributors content quality. Still struggling to recover.

I don't socialize with assholes in my social life either in person or online. They're usually arrogant pricks.
Since 2002, posting 10's of thousands of posts and threads and I have only ignored 2 turds that entire time and that's here in RDP.

The RDP ignore feature works excellent. Best feature on the board, next to banning.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I see these left wing posts and try to figure where left wingers get there ideas.

Grads is like my left wing Brother in Law and Sister. The right people haven't tried socialism yet is their take.
The have fabulous wealth and they support causes that have no negative effect on them, but fucks someone else over deluxe.
Shopping cart or Cherry picking Democrats. Lear Jet Liberals.

Some left wing takes are because people want something for nothing never seeing they end up with nothing for something, or some one else ends up with nothing for something.
It's draining trying to reason with them so hit the kill button aka ignore.

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
Grads really isn't that bad to me but I don't read all of it. Years ago on another forum there was a guy way way worse than him on a forum I was on. Make grads look weak, I got into it a lot with him. He would always hammer on the people for the same stuff Grads does here anti gay etc. Turns out the guys bro was gay and the member use to really hammer on his own brother. Gay bro killed himself.... when he left I missed him and really felt bad, realized you have to let things go a little and find the common ground with other people. If not I really think it makes you angry to a degree.

But I ignore people all the time in my life because it just isn't worth it. This is a great forum and I would hate for it to have issues like discussed above by TPC.

Last edited:

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Having an opposing view and talking is great but I've learned that arguing with people is pointless. Your never going to change someone's opinion on something. But it kinda funny to watch the train wreck go on an on.
Our time in this life is limited, why waste it arguing. Just move on or use the ignore option.