WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The journey of our Hallett 270T

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
While the boat was on the dolly. We found a few spots where the gel coat was damaged from the old bunks.

Anybody have a recommendation for a gel guy? SoCal or Havasu area.
6B8B0967-D4A9-41A8-9C5B-7059E5EBFA56.jpeg

FCT

Reaction score
Beautiful boat and awesome story. Nothing beats a restored classic boat IMO. I went down the Rabbit hole with my 88 26’ Hallett and with the money I have put into that thing I could of had a much newer boat but I wouldn’t have the same love for it. Like you I plan on keeping it and I want to give it to my boys eventually. Hopefully I run across you on the water I would love to check it out 👍

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Beautiful boat and awesome story. Nothing beats a restored classic boat IMO. I went down the Rabbit hole with my 88 26’ Hallett and with the money I have put into that thing I could of had a much newer boat but I wouldn’t have the same love for it. Like you I plan on keeping it and I want to give it to my boys eventually. Hopefully I run across you on the water I would love to check it out 👍

Hell yeah. I dig the updated older boats. I've always got a ton of beer, so first few is on me.

Reactions: FCT

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Call Jody at Conquest Boats. They do superb repairs and such.

Just don’t know if they are open now.......

Awesome and thanks. I'll give them a call and see if they're open.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
No sweat. I’m a sucker for yellow on white classics. 😎 Good luck!

That Spectra is outtabounds. I had seen it at the docks at Pirates, drooled, and snapped a ton of pics. My family boat growing up was a 24 Spectra, so I have a natural obsession with the brand. Such timeless boats, IMO. And the 32 is on my list to own someday.

I actually cannot believe how similar the gel lines are.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
The floors were absolute shit too. It was carpet installed over the teak and holly. The carpet was rough and of course, the teak was shot. Since I had to replace the fuel tank, I said 'F' it. Let's replace the floors. But it was at this stage I started down the rabbit hole. I decided lets do it. Let's give my wife the open bow. I mean, I already had most of the interior removed and the seat wood was shot. And let's be honest fellas, who ever said "happy wife, happy wife" was an asshole. But a genius asshole. Because it is here, where my wife began to really show an interest in the boat, other than just wanting to go for a ride and bath in the sun. She REALLY took an interest. I've owned a bunch of boats and still do, but this particular boat she really showed an interest in. Which got me all hot and bothered. LOL

So we began searching for a shop that could handle what we wanted done in my time frame. I'm not going to go into details as to who did the work, but the killed it. The craftsmanship, the materials used, and the construction was top freaking notch. Not to mention they did some of the tiniest details that were YUGE. The only beef I had was the communication. It was horrible. I mean, communicating with empty soup cans and string worked better than this shop. But hey did fantastic work.

I will also add I was sketched as hell dropping my boat here and going with this guy. But he is a legit interior shop who does some high end rides, even though they are small and work out of their property. They had an assortment of performance boats. I won't say who or what the boats were, as some people get weird as shit if they see pics of their rides posted. Like the license plate thing. I don't get it, but to each their own.

I dropped the boat off in January of 2018 and laid out what I wanted. I also gave them cart-blanche and to surprise me. And they delivered.

Here are some pics that I have that show the process View attachment 861766

View attachment 861779

Test fitting the open bow

View attachment 861767

New rear seat foam

View attachment 861768

Open bow seating getting glassed.

View attachment 861769

New side panels. Taller then originals.

View attachment 861770

New drivers seats.

View attachment 861771

A boat owners worst nightmare. Seeing your boat cut to shit and gutted.

View attachment 861780

View attachment 861773

View attachment 861775

Here you can see it coming together. Down in the cuddy. New teak and holly floors.

View attachment 861776

The next two photos are exactly how I saw it. Blurry. You see, I was so punch drunk happy, this is how it looked that day. LOL

View attachment 861777 View attachment 861778 .

To be continued.......
Sal does killer work, I recognize the same spot my boat sat and the same communication frustration. But in the end, pure bliss

KevinR

Reaction score
That Spectra is outtabounds. I had seen it at the docks at Pirates, drooled, and snapped a ton of pics. My family boat growing up was a 24 Spectra, so I have a natural obsession with the brand. Such timeless boats, IMO. And the 32 is on my list to own someday.

I actually cannot believe how similar the gel lines are.

I believe the 32 Spectra designer was Bud Bailey and that he also designed your Hallett.

nowski

Reaction score
That was an Incredible Journey, thanks for sharing...

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Sal does killer work, I recognize the same spot my boat sat and the same communication frustration. But in the end, pure bliss

When you know, you know. You know?

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
That is correct. Then they modded the deck to become the 32ft Hallett.

Don't see many of the 32 Hallett's. I've only seen two over the years.........on craigslist. A yellow/white and an orange/white.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Don't see many of the 32 Hallett's. I've only seen two over the years.........on craigslist. A yellow/white and an orange/white.
Yeah the orange white one was Burt Courts. There is the OG blue and white one from the brochure back when also.

KevinR

Reaction score
Years ago we used to run with a bunch of Hallett 240s, 270s, 32s, 335s at Mead. Even had about 5 Spectra and Racey 32s.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Saw a 270 for sale on maxxed out marine and would love to the same thing you have done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Saw a 270 for sale on maxxed out marine and would love to the same thing you have done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was just on their site. Is it the '88 or the '95?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Pretty sure you passed us running southbound right at Sandbar on Friday afternoon, boat looked great in the water!

Hammer

Reaction score
Saw this thing in person this weekend. I thought you were crazy following this thread.

The pictures don’t do it justice. Interior fit and finish is top notch and getting through the mid cabin wasn’t tough at all for my fat ass...

Killer boat[emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Great update to the interior. I love that you kept it timeless and simple... no crazy diamond stitch super busy patterns like everyone else is doing. Nice boat.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Saw this thing in person this weekend. I thought you were crazy following this thread.

The pictures don’t do it justice. Interior fit and finish is top notch and getting through the mid cabin wasn’t tough at all for my fat ass...

Killer boat[emoji1305]

Thanks Mike. And thanks for putting together another great HIH. Although we didn't have the breakfast or the party at the Hallett/Nordic factory, it was still a blast. You and Brie pulled it off and have done a hell of a job. 🤘

Duramax

Reaction score
This is exactly what we are doing with the Eliminator we picked up. I have a list that we are knocking out, but the bulk of it will be done this off season. Interior is huge for us, as it is one part of the boat that needs the upgrade, I just need to not get too crazy, as there is more to do, like you said.
I have rebuilt an HTM and a Skater. The HTM was out of love, but the Skater absolutely ruined boating for me for over 10yrs....

You are doing it right my friend! Great thread! Love the pics! Great job!

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
This boat is a true beauty in person. The open bow conversion was perfectly done. Had a chance to run around it with JR at HIH. Entire boat is very well done and taken care of. Was really nice to meet you and you have a great family.

Hammer

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. And thanks for putting together another great HIH. Although we didn't have the breakfast or the party at the Hallett/Nordic factory, it was still a blast. You and Brie pulled it off and have done a hell of a job. [emoji869]

Thanks Greg. We will be back to the Hallett/Nordic party and banquet next year.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
This boat is a true beauty in person. The open bow conversion was perfectly done. Had a chance to run around it with JR at HIH. Entire boat is very well done and taken care of. Was really nice to meet you and you have a great family.

Thanks Andy. Was great to meet you too. You and your wife are a crack up. Hanging at the sandbar late friday afternoon after pirates was great time. And your 255 is badass. Timeless colors and graphics, cut down windscreen. Not to mention the 540 monster. 🤟

Water Romper

Reaction score
Wow...that's a beautiful boat...your dads looking down on you with a huge smile! Not only can it handle the Mead "washing machine" you could run it to Catalina ( not that you would put it in salt water)
Really like the interior... fantastic find and great job...love keeping the Hallett legacy alive.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Update. Just finished service and detail getting ready for the season.

Long overdue is new wheels. Just picked up these new racelines and they really changed the attitude and look while sitting. I love them!!!

The old wheel's had the wrong offsett and stuck out past the fenders. Always drove me nuts.

Here is some before and afters.
IMG_8630.JPG

Before:

IMG_8388.JPG

After:

IMG_8633.JPG
IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_8623.JPG
IMG_8620.JPG

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks great! Love the attention to detail. This is one of my favorite boats. Keep up the great work.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw you and a 240 rolling south right off our camp at the landing today. Great to see this thing still getting used

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw you and a 240 rolling south right off our camp at the landing today. Great to see this thing still getting used

Good eye. That was us. We left our float spot and cut across to the Cali side heading down to the islander. Much smoother than cutting through the basin, where the waves were bonkers.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I loved this thread when it first started and read thru it all again. A new season is upon us. Did you ever do the gauges? Anything else since the trailer wheels?

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
I loved this thread when it first started and read thru it all again. A new season is upon us. Did you ever do the gauges? Anything else since the trailer wheels?
Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. I just received all the gauges last week and am getting new custom plate bezels powder coated. Should look bad ass.

It's a work in progress.....

IMG_4167.jpg
IMG_4168.jpg
IMG_4169.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg

to replace these old bezels.

IMG_6216.JPG
IMG_6381.JPG

Riverryder

Reaction score
Finally!!!!!!! :p

This is unacceptable in rdp. You need it to be the best of the best. It should have blowers. With twin turbos!

Jk I love your boat. I have told you ever time I’ve seen it. I just know how these guys are. They tried to roast someone that just bought an rv instead of pumping him up!

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Gauges are in. We had to get creative with the install as there was a lot of holes to cover because of the old bezels. Now to finish wiring and check to make sure they all work. Nice little upgrade to my old float as it matches the switch plates and controls.

And big thanks to my buddy Bryan who helped me with this.

Here's some before, during, and after pics.

The before pic:

IMG_6214 (1).jpg

The during:

IMG_4856.JPG

The final:

IMG_4865.JPG

humvkev

Reaction score
This a great thread and nice work. The boat looks outstanding and encourages me to update my older boat. Keep the pics coming!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
He’s already upgraded to a larger Hallett. I believe his son owns the 270 now. So it’s in good hands.