WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The kid got an early present today

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
The cost of these jackets is reasonable but then you start adding patches, names, etc and you are looking at 6 bills.

665EEF58-4C25-47BB-B448-EEEA7CBDA60C.jpeg
E293649D-9D75-4DB6-BB1E-D78C02082E67.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You're lucky! My parents bought me mine for Christmas also. The jacket and patches were the same cost as having my last name embroidered on the back...11 letters! Was a ton of money at the time, but "lettering" was something to be proud of.

Glad she's back up and running;)

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Cool!

I still have mine from 25+ years ago. Fits perfect, just can’t wear it anywhere :eek:. Lol. A couple patches and the science letter never were sewn on.

Reactions: BTR

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Lets see here, bought mine with my own hard earned money from working in the fields as a freshman, the company declared bankruptcy in the late spring keeping everyone's money with no jackets delivered. Many locals at different schools got burnt on that one.
Sophomore year I bought a second one with my money. Received it at the end of the year. Wore it throughout my Junior year.
The summer between Junior and Senior I sent it to the cleaners, they dropped it into the cleaning solution and went to lunch. It was supposed to be in the solution for 3-4 minutes.....
Fought with the cleaners on replacing it most of my senior year and finally got it replaced late in the summer I was leaving for college. I have a brand new, never been worn jacket with no patches sewn on still in storage. Paid in full twice with my own money earned in farm fields at just over minimum wage.
Sucked but it is what it is.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Lets see here, bought mine with my own hard earned money from working in the fields as a freshman, the company declared bankruptcy in the late spring keeping everyone's money with no jackets delivered. Many locals at different schools got burnt on that one.
Sophomore year I bought a second one with my money. Received it at the end of the year. Wore it throughout my Junior year.
The summer between Junior and Senior I sent it to the cleaners, they dropped it into the cleaning solution and went to lunch. It was supposed to be in the solution for 3-4 minutes.....
Fought with the cleaners on replacing it most of my senior year and finally got it replaced late in the summer I was leaving for college. I have a brand new, never been worn jacket with no patches sewn on still in storage. Paid in full twice with my own money earned in farm fields at just over minimum wage.
Sucked but it is what it is.

I’d be beyond pissed. Glad you were able to manage a resolution if only for your self.

RV high I’m assuming.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
This post made me smile. So awesome. I LIVED in mine for 4 years, it’s still hanging in my closet right next to the Mrs’ jacket.

Great job, Dad!

IMG_8550.jpg

Last edited:

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Riverside, CA

Class of '79 here. Lived in Corona and raced high school motocross and was on the very successful Corona city swim team for a dozen years. No school organized teams at ND for that. Made several solid friendships there that continue today. Aquinas has a good sized heroin problem these days. My kid has friends who graduated from there last year .

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
BTR, How's your health? (eyes)

Fully healed meaning the transplant “took” but it got scared from still having the toxin present when done. Scared meaning bad cataract. The transplant was more of a bandaid to stop the leak from the hole. Next step is to do it again but with a device that holds the transplant in place. They do this because subsequent transplants have a very high rejection rate. After all that, I should be good to go.