WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Lake Havasu Dimension...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
...Is real! If I needed anything in a rush, no matter what it was, I wouldn’t buy it from this city. Period. I’ve never in my life seen a place that could care less about being timely or getting back to you, if even at all sometimes. Multiple businesses I have to harass on a near daily basis to get the most simple answers to the most simple questions or even get the most menial tasks done. Some businesses are much more responsive like SoCal S&M, Adrenaline Trailers and Saleen but many others I’ve been doing work with or TRYING to do work with could give two shits about courtesy. It’s extremely frustrating.

And yes I know everyone is busy right now but when times suck again they’ll be calling back all the potential customers they didn’t have the time of day for before.

Anyway, I know I’ll piss off a few of you because LHC is next to God for some people here I just don’t get the obsession with either the lake, the crowds or the businesses you have to deal with whether you want to or not. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Im thinking you have not tried to build a house in this town?

Wouldn’t want to. Again, I’m only doing business there because that’s where everyone is.

PlanB

Reaction score
Yep, that's Havasu. A hand full of people and businesses you can count on, and a bunch of flakes. We just had a bunch of custom wrought iron done at our house, and the guy started out good, but getting him to finish everything properly was like pulling teeth. It's been that way the 20 years we have had a house there.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Do you do business at resort towns ever? Same shit in Hawaii, South Florida, Catalina Island Etc. Shit, they call it "Island Time" in Hawaii. And just like there's certain times of year you can't get shit done in Havasu, if the waves are good in Hawaii, you'll never get anything done. LOL

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
...Is real! If I needed anything in a rush, no matter what it was, I wouldn’t buy it from this city. Period. I’ve never in my life seen a place that could care less about being timely or getting back to you, if even at all sometimes. Multiple businesses I have to harass on a near daily basis to get the most simple answers to the most simple questions or even get the most menial tasks done. Some businesses are much more responsive like SoCal S&M, Adrenaline Trailers and Saleen but many others I’ve been doing work with or TRYING to do work with could give two shits about courtesy. It’s extremely frustrating.

And yes I know everyone is busy right now but when times suck again they’ll be calling back all the potential customers they didn’t have the time of day for before.

Anyway, I know I’ll piss off a few of you because LHC is next to God for some people here I just don’t get the obsession with either the lake, the crowds or the businesses you have to deal with whether you want to or not. Rant over.

(In my best redneck Okie voice)
All of them they’re modern day conveniences and big city living got y’all spoiled. I ain’t got time to work on your shit I’ll be noodling in the lake. 😂 😂😂

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The key is to live in Havasu but work remotely somewhere else, best of both worlds. There are some amazing vendors that always impress me in this town and some that I cant see how they remain in business.

Some that come to mind that just get it are......Pedro @ Saleen, Adrenaline Trailer, RDP Realty, Wendy the loan lady, Adrenaline Detail, Lorne @ Havasu Wiring.......seems like a common theme is that they advertise on RDP.

Construction is the common sticking point of frustration for me, drives me nuts.

Taboma

Reaction score
We call it the Havasu flu.
It’s too damn hot or
It’s too damn cold
Or it’s just too damn nice to go to work today.:cool:

I had somebody start painting at my place last winter, it's STILL not friggin done. 🤬 But, every time I called this winter, I'd get another weather report --- It's too cold, it's too windy, it's been raining, now it's to damned hot --- oh for fuck's sake 🤪🤪🤪 I finally texted them back, told them I didn't a give if there were leaves stuck in the paint and since they're re-painting a 30 year old railing, any sand blown on it will just add texture --- JUST PAINT IT !!! No, it's still not done, but I'm expecting another weather report any day now. 😂 Oh and this is a friend too and they love to remind me, how great of a deal I'm getting ---- REALLY ?? Aren't my nerves worth anything ? 😜

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
The construction business is the same all throughout Mohave County unfortunately from personal experience building a house elsewhere in the county.

Taboma

Reaction score
The key is to live in Havasu but work remotely somewhere else, best of both worlds. There are some amazing vendors that always impress me in this town and some that I cant see how they remain in business.

Some that come to mind that just get it are......Pedro @ Saleen, Adrenaline Trailer, RDP Realty, Wendy the loan lady, Adrenaline Detail, Lorne @ Havasu Wiring.......seems like a common theme is that they advertise on RDP.

Construction is the common sticking point of frustration for me, drives me nuts.

Maybe Adrenaline Trailers likes the big flashy jobs, because it seems like the wheel bearings they installed less than 200 miles ago are screaming for help. Not sure if I want to bother with going back or just taking it elsewhere. I get tired of the excuses and this is just a chicken shit SxS trailer, far below their normal class of work.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I had somebody start painting at my place last winter, it's STILL not friggin done. 🤬 But, every time I called this winter, I'd get another weather report --- It's too cold, it's too windy, it's been raining, now it's to damned hot --- oh for fuck's sake 🤪🤪🤪 I finally texted them back, told them I didn't a give if there were leaves stuck in the paint and since they're re-painting a 30 year old railing, any sand blown on it will just add texture --- JUST PAINT IT !!! No, it's still not done, but I'm expecting another weather report any day now. 😂 Oh and this is a friend too and they love to remind me, how great of a deal I'm getting ---- REALLY ?? Aren't my nerves worth anything ? 😜
Sometimes the “friends“ deals aren’t the best deals.😜

PlanB

Reaction score

Can't recommend them anymore. Went there for years and the last couple of times were bad experiences. Detail Specialties has treated us very well the last couple of years.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Some of you know what i do and i could write a book on businesses in this town, well, actually it's short story.
people ask me who I recommend, nobody. I don't want to get in the position of this guy never showed up.
I used to flip homes. Call for 3 estimates and see who shows up.
I usually went with the only guy that showed up late
I called for estimates to replace my home a/c. One guy said it was too hot out LOL

edit,
Got Water Marine
Dropped my toon off at 9am like planned and an hour later they called and said come pick it up
Fantastic service and people

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The biggest problem I see is people look at price and refuse to look at cost.

I don’t hire friends. I want to hate my realtor, hate my lawyer, hate my home builder. Once our transaction is complete we can be friends but not before because when the deal gets tough I’m not going to let emotion get in the way of the objection. You got one job and that’s to complete the project I paid you a fair wage for.

Any job I bid out I don’t look at price. I look at cost because quality of life and my personal time is worth way more to me than a cheap price.

Perform and I’ll pay handsomely. I usually save money in the value add.

Taboma

Reaction score
The biggest problem I see is people look at price and refuse to look at cost.

I don’t hire friends. I want to hate my realtor, hate my lawyer, hate my home builder. Once our transaction is complete we can be friends but not before because when the deal gets tough I’m not going to let emotion get in the way of the objection. You got one job and that’s to complete the project I paid you a fair wage for.

Any job I bid out I don’t look at price. I look at cost because quality of life and my personal time is worth way more to me than a cheap price.

Perform and I’ll pay handsomely. I usually save money in the value add.

After they complete the first project working hated, then you become friends, then do you hate them again if you hire them for project # 2 ? 🤔 Asking for a friend 😁

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
After they complete the first project working hated, then you become friends, then do you hate them again if you hire them for project # 2 ? [emoji848] Asking for a friend [emoji16]

Yes lol

I approach the same way Ray Dalio does, Transparency and accountability.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It's much like that here near Prescott. Called 5 contractors for bids on slab for my shop. 3 returned calls, 2 actually showed up...1 returned a bid in the catagory of "if he'll pay this much, I'll do it." The other was shady at best, and still high. Finally got a guy with a realistic bid, but he said he couldn't start for a week. He showed up when he said, was done before he said...and it turned out nice.

He was old enough to be the other guys' father...kind of wondering if that had something to do with it.

jones performance

Reaction score
ive given up trying to support local shops and stores for anything beside basic groceries. i just order it myself since no shop in town has shit in stock. they all say we have to order it.. well shit i can do that myself effer! took me 2 months to find someone to cut down a tree at my house.. ironically job went to someone from socal since havasu people couldnt be bothered to show up. machine work for engines i go straight to socal.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Oh "Dessert Time / Island Time / Lake Time" is a very real thing.. LOL.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh "Dessert Time / Island Time / Lake Time" is a very real thing.. LOL.

4F03C437-DD1D-4AB0-9A35-2C93EECE8FF7.jpeg

Your ad here

Reaction score
It's the Arizona way. Bad if you need the service, good if you provide it and are responsible. Another thing here is a lot of people step over dollars to pick up dimes.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Off topic I know... But, I've given it some thought. If I were to retire in Havasu: I would get up everyday at around 3am (while it's not scorching out) Jog around the island or play golf in the early morning. Then meet my buddies for coffee, then take my bass boat out on the lake and go fishing for a couple of hours. Come home and take a good nap until happy hour. After that I'd get a good night sleep and do it all over again. Sounds like a plan

petie6464

Reaction score
Been here 22 years. Dip shits and fruit cakes spretty much sume up 99.9% of the "business".

A play pen in the office, a dog pissing on your shoes, a tank top and a few tattoos, you're a business man in LHC!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Off topic I know... But, I've given it some thought. If I were to retire in Havasu: I would get up everyday at around 3am (while it's not scorching out) Jog around the island or play golf in the early morning. Then meet my buddies for coffee, then take my bass boat out on the lake and go fishing for a couple of hours. Come home and take a good nap until happy hour. After that I'd get a good night sleep and do it all over again. Sounds like a plan
Not at all, it answers @DRYHEAT's question.🙂

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Lake time is real. Trying to get a new dock built and installed is driving me nut. Last night I finally decided if it isn't in and finished by the end of day Friday I am getting a lawyer involved. Not one thing they have said has happened. I even offered a bonus of 1K if it got done by last Friday. Didn't happen.

J.P.

Reaction score
You would think getting paid and having money in your pocket would motivate people to take care of business. To me those kind cant be trusted period on any level. Lazy whiners.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Been here 22 years. Dip shits and fruit cakes spretty much sume up 99.9% of the "business".

A play pen in the office, a dog pissing on your shoes, a tank top and a few tattoos, you're a business man in LHC!
Lol, there's an rv shop with a pet pig. But it feels at home in one of the most disgusting offices and yet it's the busiest shop in havasu.
Only reason I went there is nobody else wanted to work on my basement a/c

Heylam

Reaction score
People don’t relocate to Havasu looking to get rich with their business, they move to Havasu for the lifestyle. So, when they relocate their business, it’s only a matter of time until the lifestyle takes over their business mindset.

guest hs

Reaction score

I could not agree with this more! Super frustrating. I have gone through three mobil detailers in three weeks I can’t find a good upholstery shop to save my life I guess this is why I have been getting a lot of referrals at my shop because I do what I say and communicate good. I will say this I did find an excellent canvas person and I used Detail Specialties once and had a good experience there and will use them again. Robinson Automotive is great. I would say once you find someone good hang on to them treat them as you would want to be treated. There’s far and few between in this town. Don’t be afraid to try someone new to town they will go the extra mile for you.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Lol, there's an rv shop with a pet pig. But it feels at home in one of the most disgusting offices and yet it's the busiest shop in havasu.
Only reason I went there is nobody else wanted to work on my basement a/c
LOL, that just brought up memories of Charlie’s boat shop with all the birds back in the day. And I don’t mean snowbirds. 🤣

Motor Boater

Reaction score
It’s been like that forever. I think every service person in Havasu hates their job and hates people. It’s got to get old having 1000’s of people pour into your town every weekend and shit on it, then go home. Like Groundhog Day.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It’s been like that forever. I think every service person in Havasu hates their job and hates people. It’s got to get old having 1000’s of people pour into your town every weekend and shit on it, then go home. Like Groundhog Day.
Couldn't agree more!!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
LOL, that just brought up memories of Charlie’s boat shop with all the birds back in the day. And I don’t mean snowbirds. 🤣
yes he had birds and alot of them. I have his old house now and had lots of bird damage to repair when got it.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
My ex has a cousin that lives in Havasu. He is a painter. His wife is/was a waitress. Always struggling with finances. The dude is just lazy.

I see RDP asking for painters in the area... no way would I recommend him to anyone on the boards.

Word of mouth is a powerful tool... if he was reliable, I would imagine he would kill it.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Wow, I just got back home Memorial Day Weekend. I'm always impressed with how nice people are in town. Had my boat serviced at the Nautical the day I arrived from a mobil mechanic. Second day docked at Nautical, I broke my ignition key cant find spare, called mobil locksmith showed up 35mins later. Nice older gentlemen IDEAL locksmith cuts me 3 copies of broken key without me asking. My boat broke down last day, sea tow was there within minutes. Captain tows me back to nautical launch ramp very accommodating, placed my boat on trailer. Called out mobil mechanic again, guy was there the next morning to help me out. Took faulty part to Frank's Trailer to see if he could retap bad fittings on part. Nicely recommended mechanic shop above him. Dude grabbed my part, repaired it within minutes. Called mobil mechanic, met me up at nautical re-installed my part. Mechanic went with me on my boat for test run. Went out to cha-boned for happy hour great food and great service. Called Angelina's Italian Friday night for delivery, food delivered within 45mins piping hot. Sunday, called Javelina's Cantina dockside service for dinner, within 15 minutes food was on the boat. Met a bunch of locals, Arizonians, Californians everyone was nice. Maybe I'm just lucky, like I said always impressed with how nice everyone is out there.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Wow, I just got back home Memorial Day Weekend. I'm always impressed with how nice people are in town. Had my boat serviced at the Nautical the day I arrived from a mobil mechanic. Second day docked at Nautical, I broke my ignition key cant find spare, called mobil locksmith showed up 35mins later. Nice older gentlemen IDEAL locksmith cuts me 3 copies of broken key without me asking. My boat broke down last day, sea tow was there within minutes. Captain tows me back to nautical launch ramp very accommodating, placed my boat on trailer. Called out mobil mechanic again, guy was there the next morning to help me out. Took faulty part to Frank's Trailer to see if he could retap bad fittings on part. Nicely recommended mechanic shop above him. Dude grabbed my part, repaired it within minutes. Called mobil mechanic, met me up at nautical re-installed my part. Mechanic went with me on my boat for test run. Went out to cha-boned for happy hour great food and great service. Called Angelina's Italian Friday night for delivery, food delivered within 45mins piping hot. Sunday, called Javelina's Cantina dockside service for dinner, within 15 minutes food was on the boat. Met a bunch of locals, Arizonians, Californians everyone was nice. Maybe I'm just lucky, like I said always impressed with how nice everyone is out there.
Well obviously you’re not “well-versed in luxury“ 😂😂😂