WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Last Narc on Amazon. The Truth is Really Stranger (and more terrifying) than Fiction.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Watched all four episodes last night. WTF? Hector Berrellez seems like a bad mofo. Amazing hd has not been taken out by Hillary yet. hahaha.

Félix Rodríguez who they introduce in the fourth episode is one shady mother F-R!!!!!!:eek::oops::rolleyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t watched it yet.. What I find amazing is our government actively works with narcos to bring drugs into the country and we all as citizens sit back and watch films about it? Wtf?

Turnup

Reaction score
Does closed caption need to be on or what? I think I'm missing most of the story here.

franky

Reaction score
Sat down this morning to watch the first episode. Ended up just now finishing the whole series. Fascinating. Thanks for the tip.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Watched it last night. I knew the Camerena story but I never knew a CIA Operative was there during torture and killing of him. That is the crazy part. Something the government never admitted to but the guy sounds convincing that was the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldschool

Reaction score
Just finished this. Fuck me, what a crazy fucked up deal. If half this shit is true it’s nuts.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I too watched it only because of this thread - thanks. It’s not hard to imagine the CIA needing money to fund the Contras in Nicaragua so they sold drugs to get the money that Congress would give them. It’s not hard to imagine the CIA at the highest level ordering this to be done and then not managing any of it so things were out of control the whole time.

The show also talked about how the corruption went all the way to the top of the Mexican government which wasn’t a surprise but they did come right out and say it.

Yes, defund the CIA - if it can't be fixed. Unfortunately they appear to be part of the Swamp so they fear Trump. Hopefully Trump can reform the CIA, FBI, and other agencies and get the right people in charge

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yea this was good. Watched it 2 nights ago.

Loved when the senator said “We are clearly missing something, you didn’t have enough money to fund the contras, there must be another revenue stream.”

CIA guy just shrugs his shoulders “I’m not aware of any other sources of revenue.”

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
X2.. I watched it last night, and didn't go to sleep until the sun rose the morning..

Anyone else thinking "Defund the CIA!"

RD

Hell no. That is how shit gets done.

This situation in the docuseries really sucks though.

I believe the whole thing, it makes too much sense and would have been too easy NOT to do.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have only watched two episodes so far. It is good. I wish the subtitles were a little larger, and sometimes they have them against a white background.

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Hell no. That is how shit gets done.

This situation in the docuseries really sucks though.

I believe the whole thing, it makes too much sense and would have been too easy NOT to do.
Agreed. The CIA does some bad stuff, but they thwart a lot of bad stuff from happening to the US.

Sent From Tapatalk

nameisbond

Reaction score
I have two family friends that are retired CIA. One just wrote a book. https://www.ebay.com/p/8038386492?i...lAMLSeedlessV2&_trksid=p2322090.c100854.m4779 He was Chief Of Station of South East Asia in the 1980's and ran many counter narcotics operations out of Thailand. He personally knows drug kingpins that are hiding out in Burma.

I've met several x-CIA and NSA guys through him. My problem with the CIA and NSA is all their personnel are liberal democrats.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Agreed. The CIA does some bad stuff, but they thwart a lot of bad stuff from happening to the US.

Sent From Tapatalk
Evil begets more evil...They may stop a lot of bad things from happening, but they are also part of the reason those things are attempted.
One situation that comes to mind would be the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. With twisted logic, the powers that be felt this could be like giving Russia their own Vietnam War to deal with. Training and funding of the locals was handled by us. 20 years later, we're in country fighting the same families.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I finished the series. All I can say is WOW. I knew Kiki had been kidnapped and killed, but had no idea of the US involvement.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
We finished watching that last night, sucks that Camerana was used as a sacrificial lamb and that Barillaz got F’d over by the CIA. The sad part is that the people involved will never be charged.

If you want or stay with the cocaine connection watch Love Pablo. It’s about Colombian celebrity Virginia Vallejo and her love affair with Pablo Escobar. It stars Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We finished watching that last night, sucks that Camerana was used as a sacrificial lamb and that Barillaz got F’d over by the CIA. The sad part is that the people involved will never be charged.

If you want or stay with the cocaine connection watch Love Pablo. It’s about Colombian celebrity Virginia Vallejo and her love affair with Pablo Escobar. It stars Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem.

I watched all the Narcos series.. And after that I started watching all the suggested shows like surviving Escobar in about nine other ones. At this point my Netflix thinks I’m a Colombian drug dealer. It primarily shows me shows that are not in English LOL

boatnam2

Reaction score
Thought it was good, not buying whole story but no doubt old man bush hand his hand in things.

guest hs

Reaction score
Maybe this is why the Democrats don’t want the wall and don’t care if illegals come through the border. Hmmm

mbrown2

Reaction score
Maybe this is why the Democrats don’t want the wall and don’t care if illegals come through the border. Hmmm
BS this shit gets allowed on both sides of the aisle. I loved Reagan but the war on drugs he kicked off has been the biggest government money grab, prison profit project, and has increased funding in or created more government agents/agencies (dea, atf, cia) than likely the cold war itself.... The war on drugs failed...we incarcerate those for minor crimes and possession while big whales walk and we fund nothing into helping addiction while we try and hold up helpful things like CBD and Cannabis while some are still jailed for weed charges.