WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Last of Us on HBO

DBMX

Reaction score
Is anyone on here watching it?

I'm not a "gamer" per se, but did play this one and the sequel all the way through. I really liked the story and the characters so I was skeptical when I heard about the TV adaption.

Well as it turns out the show is awesome IMO. Acting is great, and they have held true to the storyline and major events in the game. My wife does not like "zombie" stuff and did not have a lot of interest in watching it. She agreed to watch the first one and was teared up within the first 20 minutes of the story. Now she's hooked.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
The episodes have been hit or miss for me. I look forward to watching it every week, but it's either really good or really bad. I'm not a gamer, but I've heard it sticks to the games closely.

The prepper episode started off amazing, but then took a hard left turn. I get the character development on the flashbacks, but wasting an entire episode on it kind of sucks.

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score
Haha just started watching it this weekend. Man those fast zombies get me, can’t be wasting ammo like that. Give me those slow clumsy ones all day!

Tank

Reaction score
We’ve been watching it. Overall o like it. But I agree, some episodes lag. The episode where her and her friend are in the mall, draaaaaaaaaaags on. Last episode was very good. I like the storyline / episode of the pepper but yeah, little over the top with the romance. 😂

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Watching the guy from Parks and Rec, ( Nick Offerman ) kissing his boyfriend so often was a bit much. But whatever, maybe gays don't like to watch hetero love scenes wither, LOL. At least they died happy and together.

Pedro Pascal is always great. He was cool in Narcos. I'm enjoying the show.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I hate zombie shows. Can’t watch it.

DBMX

Reaction score
Honestly, I think you can completely skip that episode and not miss a thing.
I thought that was an ok episode. Funny thing is that storyline was not part of the original game. I think it was a DLC story you could download later.

Lumpy

Reaction score
It's good...just finished the last episode to date about an hour ago. Have to say the second episode is my fave but they are all good...even the prepper gay one. Really liked last weeks episode...took me back to my high school years...80's. Been a fan of apocalyptic movies since I was a kid so what do I know. Gotta love the FAT bastard MF and the Clickers! :)

Rondog4405

Reaction score
First episode was fn great.. thought I had new show to get into .. after that I went to shit for me.. post apocalyptic shit.. Couldn't get into it..

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
The first episode was ok for me. Then a few of them hooked me, then the prepper/g@y episode lost me. My wife still watches it, and I gotta say this last episode re-hooked me.

I am glad they havent taken the zombie thing too far. Seems like it might end up being a show about post-apocalypse life and less about the zombies? Id be ok with that. Otherwise it will be another walking dead for me, one season and done.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
Filmed all around here and where I grew up, interesting to see what some of these places will look like after a few more years of liberal damage

dave29

Reaction score
Great acting. Bella is a star in the making. Enjoying the show.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Why do the fungus zombies come up out of the ground?

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
Wife and I liked the first couple of episodes. Lost us on the gay prepper episode. We both decided not to finish it and show any support for this woke/gay bullshit.