WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Left & The Nazis - Similarities (Marxist Party Crushing Enemies & Consolidating Power)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We’re starting to see a lot of craziness in reaction to the Capitol protest. Or perhaps I should say, using that as an excuse to crack down on the right and on their speech.

This is crazy. It was a riot. With thousands of peaceful people and some who were not. Yet it’s being used to shut down the opposition and to shut down any election questions. Objecting to the electoral count is not illegal, it’s not “sedition” or whatever craziness Democrats want to spread. It’s exactly part of the Constitutional order, which was something Democrats understood when they in fact objected over the last three Republican presidents, as we previously reported here and here.

Now word comes from Joe Biden - he is working on a bill to go after “domestic terrorism” with a redefinition of the term, to go after the “ideologically-inspired.”

Listen to what Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D- said, “The single greatest national security threat right now is our internal division.” So they will eliminate internal division? How will they do that? By only allowing the Democratically-approved narrative?

Between Democrats and Big Tech, as I said, the crackdown is here. This isn’t for your safety. It’s for their power.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
There's much to be learned from human history...

Replace the "Fire in the Reichstag" with the events in the Capitol building - do you see any parallels???

Germany 1933: From democracy to dictatorship
In 1933, Hitler came to power and turned Germany into a dictatorship. How did the Nazi party come to power and how did Hitler manage to eliminate his opponents?

"Fire in the Reichstag: a first step towards the dictatorship
Before long, Hitler claimed more power. The fire in the Reichstag, the parliament building, was a key moment in this development. On 27 February 1933, guards noticed the flames blazing through the roof. They overpowered the suspected arsonist, a Dutch communist named Marinus van der Lubbe. He was executed after a show trial in 1934. Evidence of any accomplices was never found.

The Nazi leadership was quick to arrive at the scene. An eyewitness said that upon seeing the fire, Göring called out: ‘This is the beginning of the Communist revolt, they will start their attack now! Not a moment must be lost!' Before he could go on, Hitler shouted: 'There will be no mercy now. Anyone who stands in our way will be cut down.’https://www.annefrank.org/en/anne-f...ny-1933-democracy-dictatorship/#source-357144

The next morning, President Von Hindenburg promulgated the Reichstag Fire Decree. It formed the basis for the dictatorship.

The civil rights of the German people were curtailed. Freedom of expression was no longer a matter of course and the police could arbitrarily search houses and arrest people. The political opponents of the Nazis were essentially outlawed."

WhatExit?

Reaction score
With Big Tech's money and power and censorship the Marxists have a headstart on the Nazis in Germany...

"Oppression of all opponents
In this atmosphere of intimidation, new elections were held on 5 March 1933. The streets were full of Nazi posters and flags. Nevertheless, the great victory hoped for by the Nazis did not materialise. With 43.9% of the votes, the NSDAP did not have a majority. The left-wing parties KPD and SPD together still got 30% of the votes.

Meanwhile, the arrests and intimidation were on the increase. The government banned the Communist Party. By 15 March, 10,000 communists had been arrested. In order to house all these political prisoners, the first concentration camps were opened. The circumstances in the camps were atrocious. People were ill-treated, tortured, and sometimes killed.

Jews and well-known Germans in particular had a rough time of it. SS guards at the Dachau camp, near Munich, for instance, took four Jewish prisoners outside the gates, where they shot them dead. The guards then claimed that the victims had tried to escape."

(This is from the above link)

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
The entire apparatus of the state has been stolen or corrupted by the communists. There is no avenue for redress.

At this point, we are going to have to shoot our way out.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
The civil rights of the German people were curtailed. Freedom of expression was no longer a matter of course and the police could arbitrarily search houses and arrest people. The political opponents of the Nazis were essentially outlawed."
1610208185158.jpeg

WhatExit?

Reaction score
The Marxists already own the Unions so they won't turn against them. And we know most "Republicans" are standing with (or silent against) the Democrats.

Continuing the history...

"In his speech, Hitler gave those present the choice between 'war and peace'. It was a veiled threat to intimidate any dissenters. The process was by no means democratic. With 444 votes in favour and 94 against, the Reichstag adopted the Enabling Act. It was to form the basis of the Nazi dictatorship until 1945.

Gleichschaltung of society

Now that Hitler had become so powerful, it was time for the Nazis to bring society in line with the Nazi ideal. The process was known as Gleichschaltung. Many politically-suspect and Jewish civil servants were dismissed. Trade unions were forcibly replaced by the Deutsche Arbeitsfront. This allowed the Nazis to prevent workers from organising any opposition.

All existing political parties were banned. From mid-July 1933 onwards, Germany was a single-party state.

Cultural and scientific ‘cleansings’ were carried out as well. According to the Nazis, everything ‘un-German' had to disappear. Books written by Jewish, left-wing, or pacifist writers were burned.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Dennis Prager weighs in on the Marxists and Free Speech (and the fire at the Reichstag in Nazi Germany)...

Dennis Prager: There is no example of the left – not liberals, they value free speech – no example of the left having power and not suppressing speech. It doesn’t exist. The left does not value free speech because free speech is its dire enemy. If people can actually say what is wrong with the left, it crumbles… I think we can predict there will be more and more suppression. If you read a brief synopsis of the Reichstag fire in Germany in 1933. Fire was set to the German parliament a month after Hitler took power. He used the Reichstag fire in order to start killing communists. What we’re having now, and I’m not calling them Nazis, I’m calling them totalitarians, the use of an event to suppress liberty.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Speaking of history I always joke that my wife and I are going to end up on a train car one day. now I believe it.

I keep my polictical opinions to myself especially living in the Bay Area.

Re education, evacuation, subversive behavior, whatever you want to call it.

This week at my kids school they were discussing how political violence against others is OK as long as one has a good reason. LOL

WhatExit?

Reaction score
As Big Tech muffles conservative voices, dystopian novel '1984' is top-selling book on Amazon
The classic novel, published in 1949, depicts how government Thought Police silence all dissent.

As of Sunday morning, Amazon book sales showed that the top-selling book is the dystopian novel published by George Orwell more than 70 years ago. The classic novel, published in 1949, depicts how government Thought Police eavesdrop on citizens in their own homes, searching for heresy of any kind. Anyone whose beliefs deviate from the official norm are declared "unpersons" who never existed.

Reviewers on Amazon drew parallels between the book's plot and current events in the United States.

"Born and living in communist Romania I went through the same ordeal described in 1987," wrote Constantin Turculet, who is listed as making a verified purchase. "After 40 years I managed to escape to America, only to find after 35 years of living in freedom that this country is pushed toward the same horror scenario I thought mankind will never forget."

Another verified buyer, Jordan Edwards, noted that the book was well written. "Unfortunately it seems like the Left is using it for their playbook right now," Edwards wrote. "Scary."

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Renamed this thread to reflect the truth revealed in it...

The Left Keeps Accusing Conservatives Of “The Big Lie” – A Term Invented By Hitler As He Prepared To Persecute German Jews
  • President Joe Biden has accused President Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Sen. Josh Hawley of a “Big Lie” ;
  • Rep. Mazie Hirono went on Anderson Cooper to accuse the Republican senators of a “Big Lie“;
  • Dominion Voting Systems has alleged a “Big Lie” in their lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani;
  • Jake Tapper has used the term repeatedly on Twitter and on air to describe allegations of fraud in the 2020 election.
Bloomberg explained the analogy in September: “Adolf Hitler and Goebbels, his minister of propaganda, espoused a technique known as the ‘Big Lie,’ which involved repeating a colossal falsehood until the public came to believe it was true.”

But the biggest problem with the fake Goebbels quote isn’t attribution. “Big Lie” belongs to Adolf Hitler—and it means something completely different.

The Anti-Semitic Big Lie Narrative Is From Mein Kampf (Hitler's book)