WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Lie

Duramax

Reaction score
ONE-A-DAY throws up some movies that he likes, so I thought I would mention this. Anybody see it? I believe we watched it on Prime last night. As father to a daughter that I would step in front of a train for (like 99.9% of us on this sight) this is a mind f*ck! What would you do if you were presented with this scenario?

The plot is this.....A divorced husband and wife have a teenage daughter and they share custody. Every year she goes to a festival or camp of some sort. The father is taking her this year and on the way there she happens to see her best friend at a bus stop that is outside of town. Her friend is also going to the same camp so she tells her to get in the car, my dad and I will take you. Twenty minutes into the drive the friend is kind of hitting on the dad, then says can you please stop, I have to pee. There is no gas station close so she begs him to pull over and he does. It is winter by the way and deep snow. His daughter and her friend run down this hill towards a river to go the the bathroom. The dad has been waiting for awhile so he goes to look for them and hears his daughter yell for him. She is on a bridge and she tells him her friend fell in the river. The dad freaks out, jumps in the river and looks and can't find her. He then runs up the hill and is yelling to the daughter to call 911, as he starts to dial 911, his daughter says, dad, I pushed her. I was mad that she was hitting on you so I pushed her in, I wanted her dead. He stops dialing..

It's a pretty good flick.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea I saw it. Pretty trippy how it pans out

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I didn't read your post because it seems like you give the story away?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
ONE-A-DAY throws up some movies that he likes, so I thought I would mention this. Anybody see it? I believe we watched it on Prime last night. As father to a daughter that I would step in front of a train for (like 99.9% of us on this sight) this is a mind f*ck! What would you do if you were presented with this scenario?

The plot is this.....A divorced husband and wife have a teenage daughter and they share custody. Every year she goes to a festival or camp of some sort. The father is taking her this year and on the way there she happens to see her best friend at a bus stop that is outside of town. Her friend is also going to the same camp so she tells her to get in the car, my dad and I will take you. Twenty minutes into the drive the friend is kind of hitting on the dad, then says can you please stop, I have to pee. There is no gas station close so she begs him to pull over and he does. It is winter by the way and deep snow. His daughter and her friend run down this hill towards a river to go the the bathroom. The dad has been waiting for awhile so he goes to look for them and hears his daughter yell for him. She is on a bridge and she tells him her friend fell in the river. The dad freaks out, jumps in the river and looks and can't find her. He then runs up the hill and is yelling to the daughter to call 911, as he starts to dial 911, his daughter says, dad, I pushed her. I was mad that she was hitting on you so I pushed her in, I wanted her dead. He stops dialing..

Im thinking I dont have to watch it now??

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You guys want a movie that’ll freak you out ? Hard Candy with Ellen Page ! I had to turn it off and on a few times . I dare ya to watch it .

Jimmyv

Reaction score

I must be dense - What’s the name of the movie...

Javajoe

Reaction score
You guys want a movie that’ll freak you out ? Hard Candy with Ellen Page ! I had to turn it off and on a few times . I dare ya to watch it .
Saw it a while back. I remember bits of it. I have a horrible time remembering what happens in movies. I do remember the bed scene though 😳

Duramax

Reaction score
I didn't read your post because it seems like you give the story away?
No, I just gave you how it begins. The struggle of what to do and what they do end up doing is the movie.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score

I only watched half the trailer! I’ve got two daughters and I know no way I’m watching that movie!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Yikes ! I just found out Ellen Page is now Elliot Page , admits to being transgender !

Javajoe

Reaction score
If you really want to watch something really good...watch Banshee series. Every episode is bad ass

Duramax

Reaction score
Cruel Summer has been great too.

I tried watching a little Queen of the South. Maybe I will try again.

white tortilla

Reaction score
This movie sucked!!!! I watched it Monday night. No thanks for the referral lol

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Arrggghh!
What the actual fuck guys?! I didn’t see that playing out - I probably should have.

@Duramax You and your future recommendations are on Double Secret Probation 🙃
RD inmates - You’ve been warned

boatnam2

Reaction score
Was it just me or did the mom get uglier every scene? First scene she is hot, last scene she looks like sissy spacek at 70.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Sounds like a good movie-guess I know what i'm doing tonight.

BUT- the REAL question is (and this would be an interesting start of a new thread) What would YOU do?
"his daughter says, dad, I pushed her. I was mad that she was hitting on you so I pushed her in, I wanted her dead. He stops dialing"

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If you really want to watch something really good...watch Banshee series. Every episode is bad ass
Banshee was awesome... until the last season. IIRC original writer died and the replacement couldn’t write his name, let alone a plot.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Banshee was awesome... until the last season. IIRC original writer died and the replacement couldn’t write his name, let alone a plot.
Yep bad ass until Last season. I turned it off during first episode. Makes sense now that it was a new writer. Too bad. Such a great series

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I watched Silk Road last night on the magic box.. actually pretty good flick

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What

Banshee, Netflix, prime?