WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The lines at the gas stations are already getting longer!

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Just left Costco in San Marcos.....the lines are getting longer. I hate to be one of those, but I may need to get a 55 gallon drum. I drive a lot for work.

On a side note, my dad always owned gas stations. During Opec in the 70's he would have his boating buddies bring their boats early in the morning to fill them all up so they could boat in Mission Bay. They have all passed away now, but they had great stories of LEO asking lots of questions as I guess they weren't supposed to be doing that. One of the buddies was CHP.

Taboma

Reaction score
Just left Costco in San Marcos.....the lines are getting longer. I hate to be one of those, but I may need to get a 55 gallon drum. I drive a lot for work.

On a side note, my dad always owned gas stations. During Opec in the 70's he would have his boating buddies bring their boats early in the morning to fill them all up so they could boat in Mission Bay. They have all passed away now, but they had great stories of LEO asking lots of questions as I guess they weren't supposed to be doing that. One of the buddies was CHP.

We shopped that Costco this morning and they had all the gas lanes shut down and a company in performing maintenance. When we left at around 11:30 AM they still had it closed off. Probably why the lines, a lot of folks coming and and driving back out with no gas.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Oh boy, let's start some more panic and rumors!!

That's what happens when you try and get gas at 5pm when everyone is getting off work.

DUH!!! 😁
Or it's Costco! 😂 Costo has never not had lines. I never understood why one gas station has long lines but the one across the street has no line because it's 10-20 cents more a gallon. Hell, I don't even have a job and my time is worth more than that.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Or it's Costco! 😂 Costo has never not had lines. I never understood why one gas station has long lines but the one across the street has no line because it's 10-20 cents more a gallon. Hell, I don't even have a job and my time is worth more than that.
You drive a Smart car! I don't care when filling my shitbox Prius, but the Excursion...I'll take a dime a gallon 😁

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Everything I have read says California and Arizona are not impacted states. And its already partially up and running again. I will ask neighbor, they own the Chevron here in town before you go over the bridge.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Already pulled the boat to the station and filled it up. Worst case i can dump it into the truck for two tanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Thats about the only thing you have ever posted I agree with.. I wouldn’t drive 5’ out of my way for 5-10 cents a gallon..

Universal Elements

Reaction score
So weird. 6 months into
Office and gas prices are up and. Now a gas shortage in certain areas.

What a Fuckin train wreck Biden’s White House is. 🤦‍♂️

Sorry Tank, it’s been a little more than 3.5 months. Can’t wait for 6. 😂

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Office and gas prices are up and. Now a gas shortage in certain areas.

Did you see this thread about the gas shortage?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I don’t understand how people would get gas at a Texaco or chevron at drastically higher prices..say it’s $3.05 at a maverick and chevron across the street is $3.45 there are people at the chevron......see it every day here in Kingman. it not that there are any lines at the maverick either. Same thing at smiths grocery.....way cheaper there than the Woodys across the street

Tank

Reaction score

I just find it an interesting coincidence that for the first time since the 70’s we have a fuel shortage and gas prices are already jumping up.

And really, it can be ransom ware fucktards but the fact that Biden’s presidency is a complete Disaster still stands. 😁

GRADS

Reaction score
I don’t understand how people would get gas at a Texaco or chevron at drastically higher prices..say it’s $3.05 at a maverick and chevron across the street is $3.45 there are people at the chevron......see it every day here in Kingman. it not that there are any lines at the maverick either. Same thing at smiths grocery.....way cheaper there than the Woodys across the street
I'm that guy...at least with my boats. Never put anything but Chevron in them.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Thats about the only thing you have ever posted I agree with.. I wouldn’t drive 5’ out of my way for 5-10 cents a gallon..
No shit. I would rather pay $10 mote to fill up than to deal with a cluster fucked gas station. Last thing I needs is a mother fucker looking like Craig from Friday crawling out of his Shity box to fight over a pump.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I put cheap ass am pm 87 in my commuter for 7 years and 200k miles never skipped a beat.

Yep. Pilot for me. 250 k plus in a old accord. 200k plus in a focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I drive by my neighborhood station and a Costco twice a day. Costco is 60 cents a gallon less. Tank is 20 gallons. So, it’s $12, which is 2 cocktails at my river dive. While I’m waiting for 5 minutes at the pump, I think about how good those free drinks are going to taste.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Thought I saw a news headline about some pipeline control systems being hacked and disrupting it too.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
One thing I noticed I was in Palm Desert a week or so ago and Costco had a huge line. Sams across the street had no line and was a little cheaper. I dunno sometimes either place has the same stuff but I always notice the lines a lot longer at Costco

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I'm that guy...at least with my boats. Never put anything but Chevron in them.
Gas to me is gas...the ONLY time I ever had shit gas was years ago at Zip fuels by the London Bridge....I believe it was called something else then....going back 15 years....in my work van.....the fucker ran like shit and never went back..... I swear it was half water.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Thought I saw a news headline about some pipeline control systems being hacked and disrupting it too.
East coast. Georgia, virginia South Carolina......Russian ransom ware I think

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn even at 40 gallons. 4 bucks. 30 plus minute wait. My time is worth more than that. I don’t get it but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F' no, I'm not waiting. Hell, Costco here rarely has a line. I will cross the street for cheaper gas though. I'm in no real hurry, but relatively cheap. When hauling, I'll usually use my known gas stations when I have the big trailer, even if a bit more. Nicer knowing I won't get pinched.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You need to realize that if a problem occurs from gas at a branded station , ie Chevron , they will handle the repair bill . Like water in gas . Try that at a smiths , zip or other non - branded gas station ⛽

USMC2010

Reaction score
The southeast is affected by the pipeline ransom. I was just in Las Vegas Sunday and saw no gas issues. I think at this point the west coast is ok for now, maybe morning the future but for now.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I never get gas at Costco. The lines here are always too big. I do however get gas near my parents. They live in an area that doesn't have a transit tax, that my area does. I get their groceries, so I'm always in the area. Save 20cents per liter. But if they didn't live in that area, I wouldn't bother.

I was only four years old in 1976. But remember the border lines of Americans coming here to get gas due to the shortages. Biden is beating Carter in being a costly fuck up.

sintax

Reaction score
Shits getting wild out there folks...

5BCED298-A96F-49BC-A5E6-03BDAEF69498.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’ll be cheaper to run peanut oil in the truck here soon🤔

HBCraig

Reaction score

For the life of me I can't understand why folks sit in lines. For 15 cents a gallon more I will go to a different station and fill up. The 2 to 3 dollars extra is well worth my time

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Y’all making fun of those guys remind me of when I told my wife to grab an extra pack of TP when she was at Costco before the real panic hit. She was like “no way” I’m not gonna look like these weirdos.... lol 1 week later we couldn’t find TP for over a month... or you HAD to wait in line for it.

GRADS

Reaction score
I remember $700+ fill ups in my Daytona back in the Bush era....and filling it 2-3 times on a holiday week in Tahoe.:eek:

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Don’t you faggots drive your tow vehicle on the daily? So cal prius gays...lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The gas station across the street went up $.34 a gallon for 91 overnight here in Tucson. 87 was trending down to around $2.85ish for most areas and stations and overnight (Sunday night) its back up to almost $3 on average....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
For the life of me I can't understand why folks sit in lines. For 15 cents a gallon more I will go to a different station and fill up. The 2 to 3 dollars extra is well worth my time

Especially st that Bella Terra Costco by our house, Craig. That place is an absolute shitshow! I want to take a cooler there like site 6 and watch all the asians battle for the lines in and out of that dump! Wtf is wrong with people?!