WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The lines at the gas stations are already getting longer!

Ghit

Reaction score
A pipeline being hacked is very hard to believe.

A company will purchase encrypted wavelength just for their simple VoIP network and while critical to their operations is extreme overkill. So why would a pipeline be connected to the internet?

It wasn't, this is a lie. Just like the election results were a lie. Just like the measures to "fight" the pandemic were a lie. Just like BLM grievances are a lie. So on and so forth...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
184060849_4106874359333513_158755343686661939_n.jpg
184629527_4106436279377321_6934912031643906656_n.jpg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The gas station across the street went up $.34 a gallon for 91 overnight here in Tucson. 87 was trending down to around $2.85ish for most areas and stations and overnight (Sunday night) its back up to almost $3 on average....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I think our Pilot station just went up $.37 overnight(could of been over 2 days, but still). $3:96 this morning :mad:

PaPaG

Reaction score

A company will purchase encrypted wavelength just for their simple VoIP network and while critical to their operations is extreme overkill. So why would a pipeline be connected to the internet?

It wasn't, this is a lie. Just like the election results were a lie. Just like the measures to "fight" the pandemic were a lie. Just like BLM grievances are a lie. So on and so forth...
News is that the pipeline was using an old version of Microsoft Exchange services that had security issues and it got hacked much easier than someone would think.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Everyone out there spending their stimulus checks on fuel.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Lol. Good luck with that
It is true. Knew a guy with a built 03 Cobra. Stopped at Mobil to top off before getting car tuned. Ran for a few then nothing. Basically pumped sediment and water into the tank. Mobil covered everything.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It is true. Knew a guy with a built 03 Cobra. Stopped at Mobil to top off before getting car tuned. Ran for a few then nothing. Basically pumped sediment and water into the tank. Mobil covered everything.

I was a service manager for a Toyota back in the day. Super super hard to prove in reality

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Or it's Costco! 😂 Costo has never not had lines. I never understood why one gas station has long lines but the one across the street has no line because it's 10-20 cents more a gallon. Hell, I don't even have a job and my time is worth more than that.
Yeah.........You don’t have a job, Noted!

Singleton

Reaction score
News is that the pipeline was using an old version of Microsoft Exchange services that had security issues and it got hacked much easier than someone would think.

This is the other issue.
Companies move to automation via software, but then get cheap and don‘t maintain the tech stack.
Technology debt was a huge topic when I was leading audit organizations.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
It’s funny how nothing west was shown as being affected by the “pipeline hack”. Media scare tactics hard at work! Wind powered cars soon to come 🤦‍♂️😂

wallnutz

Reaction score
No wait at Costco today, but I know who stocked up on TP🤡🤡🤡
FF5E5348-E81D-4885-9F95-7C637E749201.jpeg
good price on diesel too.
EC519AC0-1558-443E-8D24-C3EF7CB8EEFF.jpeg

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Just a heads up...I have a client that delivered gas for 12 years. The delivery guys are the ones that put in the additives when they fill up their truck tanks. Most all gas starts as Arco gas and then each company requests certain additives. Chevron has the best additives, but according to my contact, Costco has good additives and they put 3 times more than the other big name brands. My dad actually was in the gas station business his whole life....Chevron and Mobil. He used to tell me that when he toured refineries this was the way it went.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just a heads up...I have a client that delivered gas for 12 years. The delivery guys are the ones that put in the additives when they fill up their truck tanks. Most all gas starts as Arco gas and then each company requests certain additives. Chevron has the best additives, but according to my contact, Costco has good additives and they put 3 times more than the other big name brands. My dad actually was in the gas station business his whole life....Chevron and Mobil. He used to tell me that when he toured refineries this was the way it went.

Absolutely. Gas is gas when it leaves the refinery.

dribble

Reaction score
I'm that guy...at least with my boats. Never put anything but Chevron in them.
That’s because you have money to burn. I’ll fill my 50 gallon boat tank at the Arco down the street or the Empire Ranch Raleys if I’m going to the lake. That five bucks I save helps pay the launch fee.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
All the refineries dump into the same transmission lines. When it hits the distribution hubs and gets loaded into trucks is if and when any additives get added. Many of the discount retailers don't add any. I have a family friend that works at one of the hubs.

NicPaus

Reaction score
At gas station now. Normally packed everyone must of filled up yesterday. $3.79 regular $3.89 diesel. Pre paid $230 for the truck. Highest price I have seen is at 77th and sepulveda where I turn to the job. $4.59 regular and $4.39 diesel. Filled up the 2500 in Hermosa yesterday for $3.89.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
C'mon guys, it's two weeks before Memorial Day weekend....something like this always happens to drive prices up. 4 out 5 times it's usually a huge refinery fire.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

On Friday, Colonial Pipeline took many of its systems offline in the wake of a ransomware attack. With systems offline to contain the threat, the company's pipeline system is inoperative. The system delivers approximately 45 percent of the East Coast's petroleum products, including gasoline, diesel fuel, and jet fuel.

Colonial Pipeline issued a statement Sunday saying that the US Department of Energy is leading the US federal government response to the attack. "[L]eading, third-party cybersecurity experts" engaged by Colonial Pipeline itself are also on the case. The company's four main pipelines are still down, but it has begun restoring service to smaller lateral lines between terminals and delivery points as it determines how to safely restart its systems and restore full functionality.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just filled up..... no line......regular $3.69/gal......premium $4.25/gal......pump cut off at the $100 mark and just before I hit full......just like 5 years ago with Obummer administration. Thanks to JAO and his black dress red shoe gang!!!!!!

Now add the gas to few sticks off lumber my truck is more valuable than 2 days ago. Then you add in the fact that it has a calitlic converter and it will now be attracting more crack heads than ever before. :eek:

74CFD26A-663F-49A4-BEF1-500882B2CACD.jpeg

59ED1EF1-076E-4C31-8396-09EA47320388.jpeg

Last edited:

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I fill at Costco. Its usually the cheapest gas around here and since my truck has a 50 gallon tank it adds up. Plus I use my costco credit card and get 4% cash back. I usually go early to avoid the dumbasses

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The pedophiles of Arstechnica everyone. Again, not believable, especially coming from the lugenpresse. You don't connect a pipeline to the internet.
The Pipeline isn't connected to the internet persey, but I guarantee its on the company's network for many reasons and that network is connected to the internet. The pipeline controls and monitoring are not air gapped for something that large.

Ghit

Reaction score
The Pipeline isn't connected to the internet persey, but I guarantee its on the company's network for many reasons and that network is connected to the internet. The pipeline controls and monitoring are not air gapped for something that large.
I will concede that the level of IT incompetence exhibited by this and many companies like it points to the control plane for a pipeline serving energy to tens of millions of people not being air gapped. It wasn't even thigh gapped if what you're suggesting is true.

Hacking isn't a mystery skill that some people are born with and it is well known how data moves about the OSI model. Which is why I don't believe the hacking BS. Its just a catchall excuse at this point because most people have no clue wtf is going on anymore and in the absence of obvious malicious intent most prefer bite sized plausible excuses.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Time to cut over to the "summer blend", do some refinery maintenance and shut down for a while just before Memorial Day.

copterzach

Reaction score
I will leave this here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I will concede that the level of IT incompetence exhibited by this and many companies like it points to the control plane for a pipeline serving energy to tens of millions of people not being air gapped. It wasn't even thigh gapped if what you're suggesting is true.

Hacking isn't a mystery skill that some people are born with and it is well known how data moves about the OSI model. Which is why I don't believe the hacking BS. Its just a catchall excuse at this point because most people have no clue wtf is going on anymore and in the absence of obvious malicious intent most prefer bite sized plausible excuses.

So could you please inform us what is really going on here? Thanks for filling us in. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

"Hacking" is always the catchall excuse. It is meaningless. You weren't "hacked" if your user opened a file or clicked a link from an unknown person. You just have dumb users.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Smiths in Havasu today around 2 was a little busier than usual

Havazoo

Reaction score
Buy toilet paper, you can trade it for gas, lol

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Heard the issue was resolved today and back online.