WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The loss of knowledge

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I knew the day was coming and spent years making sure there were no regrets but the loss of that old school knowledge, wisdom, mentor and friend is tough. I was fortunate to spend a considerable amount of time with my father but even in those last moments you learn something new and realize how much you are about to lose. My dad passed Monday and I was blessed to be with him every step of the way to his next journey what ever that may be. So much knowledge lost it sucks. Do what you can to pass on to those willing to learn. God speed pops.

Attachments

• 20180723_104307.jpg
    20180723_104307.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 207

MeCasa16

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your Dad. The loss is always immeasurable. My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
My Dad is going to be 89 this July...… I treasure every moment, he taught me SO MUCH over the years...… I'm really sorry for your loss, I'm not looking forward to that day. at. all.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family.

I guess, in a way, it was good for you to know it was coming. You knew to pay attention, to learn. When my Pops passed, I was just becoming aware of my own arrogance, and just starting to learn from the man who made my world possible. He made me see that I couldn't change who I was, but I could change who I'd become.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family.

I guess, in a way, it was good for you to know it was coming. You knew to pay attention, to learn. When my Pops passed, I was just becoming aware of my own arrogance, and just starting to learn from the man who made my world possible. He made me see that I couldn't change who I was, but I could change who I'd become.
Even when you expect it it is not the way you thought it would be. I was fortunate that my dad made it to his 80’s and I was able to spend the time I did and take him back to spend time in his home town. It has just made my realize how much knowledge we lose when those around us pass. We spend our whole lives learning and bam it’s gone.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Sorry about the loss of your dad. I can’t imagine and pray I don’t have to anytime soon.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I cant imagine The emotion , the pain. Cheers to you for being strong enough to share , what must be a very tough time in your life.

My day has not yet come , But I hope I have the Strength and courage to stand tall and honor my Fathers memory.

the passing of loved ones........ Tough.

TH1

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss. Im sure you were great son to your Dad.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
It's very tough, but sounds like you did it right, very sorry for your loss.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Sorry to read. ....

My your father rest in peace

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brgrcru

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.
Going to be 6 years . Losing my dad. I still think about him , daily .

stevesdcb

Reaction score
UL, sorry for the loss. I can relate, lost my pops in 2010. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him or what he might think about something I'm doing. You are exactly right, a lifetime of experience & knowledge vanishes in a blink of an eye. The torch is now officially passed to you, based on my communications with you, your father did a great job.

guest hs

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss I miss my Dad every day been almost 5 years now incredible how time flys