WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The movie "The Call of the Wild"

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
My wife and I took our 2 1/2 year old Grandson to see the movie. Is a good movie for kids.

Been working on it for the last few weeks. I just can’t handle Buck being all CGI. But I’m sure kids won’t notice that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Our grandson really liked it. But then he watches Benji and Life of Pets over and over. :)

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I spent a couple weeks working on it, so had to go see it, i thought the movie was good, probably great for kids, i was bummed that none of the stuff i did made it to the end cut.

That sucks.
I was wondering (if you know). And trying not to be a spoiler. Was the actual bar fight shortened.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Our grandson really liked it. But then he watches Benji and Life of Pets over and over. :)

My grandkids watch similar animal movies over and over. And whatever makes them happy makes me happy. They are a joy to be around.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I spent a couple weeks working on it, so had to go see it, i thought the movie was good, probably great for kids, i was bummed that none of the stuff i did made it to the end cut.
My wife worked on it as well and mentioned something about screens falling from a crane in the wind. Were those yours?

Buggydave

Reaction score
I love anything (almost) Harrison Ford, and the girl I am seeing was talking about this also, but mentioned the fact that the dog was ALL CGI, and so far we have not decided to see or not! I know, lots of things these days are CGI, but cant believe that they couldn't at least have a do trained for most of it!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My 5yo grandson is Sonic this week.
Plan on taking off Monday and takin him to see this just after school on Monday.

C-2

Reaction score
I just can’t handle Buck being all CGI.

Yup, when I heard about the movie I was excited as I read the book several times as a kid. But when I saw the digital stuff, I lost interest. Bummer :(

rrrr

Reaction score
A review in yesterday's WSJ cut it to pieces.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So true. We had him for most of the day yesterday. We were going to take him to Mountasia again to go miniature golfing but they don't open until 3PM during the winter months. So, we opted for taking him to the park and to the movies.

My grandkids watch similar animal movies over and over. And whatever makes them happy makes me happy. They are a joy to be around.

Wasted seamen

Reaction score
My wife worked on it as well and mentioned something about screens falling from a crane in the wind. Were those yours?
The wind blew the screen up against the boom of the crane but didn't actually "fall". I'm sure the director will listen to the crane Operator next he says it's getting too windy and he needs to land the screen asap! Luckily nobody was hurt.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
A review in yesterday's WSJ cut it to pieces.

Joe Morgenstern is usually on point.

The book is definitely not a kids story but Everytime it gets made into a movie that is the target audience.