WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Nautical

Groper

Reaction score
All
The guest docks looked like the one in my pic. The ones off my bow were reserved for the rental stuff and blow up stuff they do in summer.

pricing at nautical is stupid. Especially when there’s better options. I think LBR only charges like $40 a night to dick your boat. Don’t know about the heat. Rent a condoin the channel and get free beaching. Better options out there for price / quality of nautical.
LOL does your Boat ask for a cigarette when boarding in the am :p
There's no free beaching in the channel other than the home owners at the Isles, the Kings View condos beach in front is city property and subject to a overnight ticket.

Tank

Reaction score
LOL does your Boat ask for a cigarette when boarding in the am :p
There's no free beaching in the channel other than the home owners at the Isles, the Kings View condos beach in front is city property and subject to a overnight ticket.
Hahha.

those are the condos I’m referring too. VRBO a condo and plop your ish on the beach. Condo rental is same if not cheaper than nautical and WAY nicer.

I actually just re read your post. You can’t beach overnight at the kings view? This must be one of those “technically” things because friends and us have beached there all weekend over nights even on big and small weekends and have never had anyone say one peep about it. I understand the overnight enforcement on the other side of the bridge is strictly enforced but seriously never had one issue. We’ve even tied up to the sea wall overnight for big weekends with no issues.

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
OK, I am drawn in on this one too.

The Nautical has changed a lot over the last decade, and none of it for any good. In my opinion it all seemed to go to shit right as the new pool was being put in. Once the pool was completed the Nautical thought they were in Las Vegas. Not even close!

Before the pool, I used to fill 30 rooms a night for almost a week with a group event. This used to happen at least once a year if not sometimes a second time for another group. Even with rooms that were shit, the group rate was acceptable. Then the pool gets finished, our rates went up and they wanted my guests to pay for cove parking (not gonna happen, I might have negotiated to remove the resort fees to offset or maybe got them to waive the fee, I don't remember). Strength usually comes in numbers (not with the Nautical) and this particular year I had also gotten a block of rooms at the LBR where most stayed. The pool had just opened and our group was treated almost as a soft opening. Over 200 people, the servers and bar staff couldn't keep up. I had a DJ at the pool and they shut him down at 10pm on a Tuesday night in July. I fielded tons of complaints for various issues about the rooms, parking, and services from my guests and have not returned with the group to the Nautical since. Still today those people remember how messed up it was and say they never gone back either.

it was a very short time later (maybe within a couple years), even the biggest event known to us as Desert Storm relocated. The Nautical still not getting the message.

here is my quick .02

The Nautical has us on location, the view is great, puts you right on the water or sand with a drink in your hand. Lots of room for friends to meet up on da lake. Take your chances on the service. Sometimes its good and sometimes not so much. I think the Turtle Bar shirt once said, "its a shady place for shady people".

Yup, the free docks are free, however if you get wind its gonna cost ya (the docks bounce all over, up and down) get ready to call your insurance company for a gel coat claim.

Room rates are ridiculous for the same shitty rooms that are so beyond help. Location, location, location. Gotcha.

Cove parking fees, ridiculous, way better options. ease your mind and check out the Marina right next door for a fraction of the cost and more secure.

The "Wet Pool", vibe can be fun, but ya never know about the cloudy water.

The launch ramp, never really had much to complain about accept not having a dock when launching solo. So personally I never liked it. The dirt parking lot always seemed to be a hot mess without any organization.

PlanB

Reaction score
Hahha.

those are the condos I’m referring too. VRBO a condo and plop your ish on the beach. Condo rental is same if not cheaper than nautical and WAY nicer.

I actually just re read your post. You can’t beach overnight at the kings view? This must be one of those “technically” things because friends and us have beached there all weekend over nights even on big and small weekends and have never had anyone say one peep about it. I understand the overnight enforcement on the other side of the bridge is strictly enforced but seriously never had one issue. We’ve even tied up to the sea wall overnight for big weekends with no issues.

The beach in front of kings is no different than the rest of the channel, they just never enforced the no overnight mooring until this past year. They have been issuing cites and actually loading peoples property into trucks and taking it off of the beach.

Tank

Reaction score
The beach in front of kings is no different than the rest of the channel, they just never enforced the no overnight mooring until this past year. They have been issuing cites and actually loading peoples property into trucks and taking it off of the beach.
Why the sudden change? That's kinda chicken shit.

How much is the cite? Wonder if it's worth the fine to just beach up. LOL

And what if you don't have CF number or name and hailing port? Asking for a friend. 😁

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Bingo. Just ask @28Eliminator. 20k+ of damage due to the docks and storm

Don't remind me 😢 :(

It's a shame whats happened to the place. Used to be a great place to stay. The pool and the turtle bar are about the only attractions anymore. I dont think any of the big boating events are held there anymore.. They have all move to LBR.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hahha.

It's only an issue on holiday weekends. Leave your boat on the beach at Kingsview over 4th of July or Memorial, and wake up to sandy boot prints on your bow and a ticket.
Or so the story goes.......

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
All the time, or just holiday weekends? They used to only "take action" on Holiday weekends.

Tank

Reaction score
Not to throw a match on this fire but when that marina and restaurant go in at the riviera, stand by. I believe there's supposed to be a pool too correct? If the service is halfway decent, it's on like donkey kong.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score

The Nautical has changed a lot over the last decade, and none of it for any good. In my opinion it all seemed to go to shit right as the new pool was being put in. Once the pool was completed the Nautical thought they were in Las Vegas. Not even close!

Before the pool, I used to fill 30 rooms a night for almost a week with a group event. This used to happen at least once a year if not sometimes a second time for another group. Even with rooms that were shit, the group rate was acceptable. Then the pool gets finished, our rates went up and they wanted my guests to pay for cove parking (not gonna happen, I might have negotiated to remove the resort fees to offset or maybe got them to waive the fee, I don't remember). Strength usually comes in numbers (not with the Nautical) and this particular year I had also gotten a block of rooms at the LBR where most stayed. The pool had just opened and our group was treated almost as a soft opening. Over 200 people, the servers and bar staff couldn't keep up. I had a DJ at the pool and they shut him down at 10pm on a Tuesday night in July. I fielded tons of complaints for various issues about the rooms, parking, and services from my guests and have not returned with the group to the Nautical since. Still today those people remember how messed up it was and say they never gone back either.

it was a very short time later (maybe within a couple years), even the biggest event known to us as Desert Storm relocated. The Nautical still not getting the message.

here is my quick .02

The Nautical has us on location, the view is great, puts you right on the water or sand with a drink in your hand. Lots of room for friends to meet up on da lake. Take your chances on the service. Sometimes its good and sometimes not so much. I think the Turtle Bar shirt once said, "its a shady place for shady people".

Yup, the free docks are free, however if you get wind its gonna cost ya (the docks bounce all over, up and down) get ready to call your insurance company for a gel coat claim.

Room rates are ridiculous for the same shitty rooms that are so beyond help. Location, location, location. Gotcha.

Cove parking fees, ridiculous, way better options. ease your mind and check out the Marina right next door for a fraction of the cost and more secure.

The launch ramp, never really had much to complain about accept not having a dock when launching solo. So personally I never liked it. The dirt parking lot always seemed to be a hot mess without any organization.
A SUNNY PLACE...
FOR SHADY PEOPLE

BajaMike

Reaction score
I would like to take the time to thank the POS Nautical Inn after many years of staying there with overpriced rooms a fee this and fee that boat parking charge on the beach, backed up hairy showers 😲, no towels or house keeping, shitty rooms, shitty food and shitty service, dusty as F**K boat trailer parking making it easier for me to justify the fact that it was time to buy/ build a home in LCH thank you so much 😁

I'd also like to thank the NI Bar this last summer while after taking a large group of people there lunch and having them all walk out and back to the Bote' after waiting 15-20min for a server to come by the table, thanks' server you saved us $200-$300 for lunch and drinks that afternoon.

We ordered Pizza for $40 and enjoyed it on the beach with cold ones for the ice chest @.55 cents a pc.

Good riddance NI. Buh Byyeee :D

The service sucks. They think they are intitled to you money.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score

here is my quick .02

This 👆

Tank

Reaction score

Ahhhh, the old days.

cove.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Man...that's a throwback! I haven't parked on that side in a looong time. That might be Lance's Skater?
I think so. Maybe Jim Neely's? Your Cafe was a great looking boat. Where is it now?

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I think so. Maybe Jim Neely's? Your Cafe was a great looking boat. Where is it now?

It was either Lance's (now Safa), or Dan's (Lickety Split). Those guys always hung around together.

I sold my Cafe' (with the truck) to a guy in Ohio, He drove it off into the sunset in Albuquerque. Never thought I'd see it again.

Until two years later at the LOTO Shootout...idling in my friend's Cig, and there he is! Idling next to us. Very weird feeling...I had that boat 9 years. I saw him after that a couple times at LOTO, and we caught up on how the boat is treating him- he loved it.

I heard he since sold it. I think I'm gonna drag my new boat to LOTO this year...we'll see.

Tank

Reaction score
It was either Lance's (now Safa), or Dan's (Lickety Split). Those guys always hung around together.

I sold my Cafe' (with the truck) to a guy in Ohio, He drove it off into the sunset in Albuquerque. Never thought I'd see it again.

Until two years later at the LOTO Shootout...idling in my friend's Cig, and there he is! Idling next to us. Very weird feeling...I had that boat 9 years. I saw him after that a couple times at LOTO, and we caught up on how the boat is treating him- he loved it.

I heard he since sold it. I think I'm gonna drag my new boat to LOTO this year...we'll see.

Yeah, I think you're right. Pretty sure it's Lances / James'

Interesting about the Cafe. Probably still in LOTO, that seems to be where every cig ends up at some point. LOL

We'll be back out there for the Cig run in June. LOTO is a blast.

PlanB

Reaction score
Why the sudden change? That's kinda chicken shit.

How much is the cite? Wonder if it's worth the fine to just beach up. LOL

And what if you don't have CF number or name and hailing port? Asking for a friend. 😁

300 and some change. I don't remember the exact amount.

We were parked down in front of the dog park this past year and I had a LHCPD officer walk up to us and ask us how long we were planning on being there. I asked if there was a problem, and he said the channel closed at 2300 (it was about 2330). That was a first in all the years I have been out there. The guy looked about 15 years old so I am sure he was brand new.

PlanB

Reaction score
All the time, or just holiday weekends? They used to only "take action" on Holiday weekends.

Not just holidays, but not all the time. No rhyme or reason to the timing. Sometimes they care, sometimes they don't.

2Driver

Reaction score
Nautical can suck it. The entire place needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt. Except the pool - that's nice

We used to take clients there when I worked at McCulloch back in the day. I thought the same thing back then in 1985 lol

Ashame that location has always had major potential. If I was 35 again....

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Seems like the best thing the Nautical has going for it is The Turtle Bar. Unchanged over the years. Surprisingly unique venue for all of Havasu. Hell, that likely includes all of Mead and Mohave.

jones performance

Reaction score
someone needs to run a d9 thru that shithole.. the turtle too. both are terrible