WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Nest Is No Longer Empty

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The last few years have been hard for the wife, both of our boys moved out then about a year and half ago, a couple of days before Christmas we had to put down our boxer as she had pancreatitis due to cancer. That hit her hard and said she wanted another dog. As much as I’d like another one, I wanted to go a couple of years so when we go to the river we can go out and not worry about leaving the dog in the hotel room or worry about taking off somewhere and need someone to look in on the dog. I also didn’t want to go through the emotional toll again when we have to put it down or if it dies again.

Well I finally relented and let her get an English Lab, they are supposed to be stockier than the regular labs.
We’ve had Charlee for 2 weeks now and she’s a pretty mellow 10 week old puppy. She’s doing good and relieving herself on the pee pads, but for some reason she always poops on the inside carpet mat at the front door. Most of the time she goes when we take her out in back. We’ve got a trainer starting on Monday.

But without further ado here she is.
42078E17-F6F3-4B83-876D-B564513C951D.jpeg
6BC40352-1B4B-4393-ABE5-7014958346AA.jpeg
19BF4F3B-593F-4B1F-AE1F-DDFE63A4DF61.jpeg
833509BD-8948-47E8-AA15-37FAA2B18FBB.jpeg

timstoy

Reaction score
My friend has had several labs over the years and he currently has a English lab. He’s been a great dog!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
So cute at that stage!

Then they start the chewing, then once they get over that, they’re great again. Have fun!
The chewing thing is why she’s got chew toys throughout the house - try to distract her from chewing on the furniture and other items. She seems to have developed a taste for cardboard boxes. Every time she does that she gets a tap on the snout.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
back in the early 80's I had an English lab that I hunted over........FANTISTIC hunter. If any of you knew Pat Callahan at Gameland Kennels at Rahaguees (sp?) my lab came from him.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wife adopted our pup as a gap-fill empty nest deal. I wasn't 100% on board with the idea then. However, I do love my dog and she loves to boat with us.
20191008_124235 (1).jpg

I still call her our "travel anchor" & spontaneity killer but with enough effort(and expense) we still travel as much as possible, which she does not appreciate😄

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Beautiful Pup. Congratulations to you both. Dogs bring so much joy to a home, it’s hard to even put into words.

DWC

Reaction score
Wife adopted our pup as a gap-fill empty nest deal. I wasn't 100% on board with the idea then. However, I do love my dog and she loves to boat with us. View attachment 1118249
I still call her our "travel anchor" & spontaneity killer but with enough effort(and expense) we still travel as much as possible, which she does not appreciate😄
Yep and yep. We used a border we found on the Rover app for our Palm Springs getaway. It was tough to leave him but Steph needed a break. I know I’m getting old when I’m worried about leaving the dog “alone”. Used to leave the Jack Russell for a week at a time by himself.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep and yep. We used a border we found on the Rover app for our Palm Springs getaway. It was tough to leave him but Steph needed a break. I know I’m getting old when I’m worried about leaving the dog “alone”. Used to leave the Jack Russell for a week at a time by himself.
We just got home a few hours ago from our weeklong Anniversary trip. Dog/house sitter is an added expense we have to factor in each time....😏....never mind setting it up or worrying about the sitter "forgetting or canceling".

Reactions: DWC

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Oh look how she looks at you! She is connected and will love you forever, no matter what! Congrats.