WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The New RDP Next Week - READ ME!

milkmoney

Reaction score
You guys are some whiny bunchcunts... But I still love you :D:D:deadhorse:
U know pinky , u jus can't go run around the desert for a week and come back and call us names , u know. [emoji202] [emoji6]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we got the App yesterday and it's being installed today.. Should be in the play stores / app stores here shortly. :)

For those interested in a test drive of the new site.. I'll put this link up for a bit and get some real world feed back from people on their phones etc.. (This is pre app and just using safari or whatever your browser would normally be)

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/xenforo/index.php?articles/

You will have to login.

RD

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So we got the App yesterday and it's being installed today.. Should be in the play stores / app stores here shortly. :)

For those interested in a test drive of the new site.. I'll put this link up for a bit and get some real world feed back from people on their phones etc.. (This is pre app and just using safari or whatever your browser would normally be)

You will have to login.

RD
Just logged in there. It knew my I'd and password.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Went over and checked it out. Guess I will jus have to get use to it, is all I can say [emoji202]

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Went over and checked it out. Guess I will jus have to get use to it, is all I can say [emoji202]

What was so different? It actually seemed quicker but that may be because it isn't fully functional yet.

I quit using Tapatalk after the last round of issues...even started viewing RDP on my iPhones internet browser and got used to it.

Tapatalk is good when it works but with all the issues that have popped up, having your own RDP app should be better than anything Tapatalk has put out.

milkmoney

Reaction score
What was so different? It actually seemed quicker but that may be because it isn't fully functional yet.

I quit using Tapatalk after the last round of issues...even started viewing RDP on my iPhones internet browser and got used to it.

Tapatalk is good when it works but with all the issues that have popped up, having your own RDP app should be better than anything Tapatalk has put out.
It's jus different to me than tapashit , looks different. Seemed to be outlined different. Jus got to learn to navigate around it is all. I am old and hate change lol.
I am looking forward to the app, if it is what I think it is

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
It?s ok, kinda confusing at first. Get rid of the thumbnail thing. And only 3 of 4 pictures loaded. Have a shortcut to the lounge would be nice

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fuck the phone app! Don't do it!!

After playing around with the new site a bit, the best part about it is...

It works exactly the same on my phone as it does the computer. You cannot get any easier than that!!!!!

:tbi

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
It's jus different to me than tapashit , looks different. Seemed to be outlined different. Jus got to learn to navigate around it is all. I am old and hate change lol.
I am looking forward to the app, if it is what I think it is

Oldnoted. :D

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score

It works exactly the same on my phone as it does the computer. You cannot get any easier than that!!!!!

What is this "computer" you speak of??

milkmoney

Reaction score

Joe, won't the app be like the tapashit app, I jus click the app and it takes me into the rdp website ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That's what I was saying all along.. LOL But people said they wanted an "app" for their phones. Instead of custom coding one that will end up having all the features of the website, they make an off the shelf one that works with our new software. it won't have all the capabilities of the site as the site progresses over the next few weeks, but it will be good for surfing the forums, and uploading pics etc.. It won't have the "gallery" feature that we incorporated into the site. The App is supposed to go live today, and I"m looking forward to trying it. After that they are cleaning up and trying some different front pages. I plan on launching early next week and finishing all the rest of the upgrades on the fly after we are live.

Joe, won't the app be like the tapashit app, I jus click the app and it takes me into the rdp website ?

Yes you will have an RDP logo on your phone. You click it and you are right into the forums.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

You will have to login.

RD
I like it! The biggest issue I always had and why I went through tapashit was because the OG site wasn't really mobile friendly. As in you either had to change the font size on your entire browser or zoom in and view little by little which required 2 fingers and a lot more time to browse. A mobile-friendly page makes all the difference in the world!

Btw, you can create a bookmark in your browser and place a short-cut (app) on your homescreen.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I like it! The biggest issue I always had and why I went through tapashit was because the OG site wasn't really mobile friendly. As in you either had to change the font size on your entire browser or zoom in and view little by little which required 2 fingers and a lot more time to browse. A mobile-friendly page makes all the difference in the world!

Btw, you can create a bookmark in your browser and place a short-cut (app) on your homescreen.

Hoping to be live early next week. :)

RD

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave

Any way to get my password?

My phone and my computer seem to remember who I am when I come to RDP - I tried the new site and I can't get in with what I thought was my password???

Am I gong to have to create a new password?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave

Any way to get my password?

My phone and my computer seem to remember who I am when I come to RDP - I tried the new site and I can't get in with what I thought was my password???

Am I gong to have to create a new password?

I can change your password to something else, but I can't tell you what it currently is.

RD

Heylam

Reaction score
When do you plan on removing Tapatalk access, and is the new app free?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I certainly don't hate it. I can read it fine.
See how it compares to the app........

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When do you plan on removing Tapatalk access, and is the new app free?

Tapatalk will not work as soon as we launch. It isn't installed on the new platform and won't ever be.

I am planning on launching the new site early next week. I hadn't planned on charging for the app, but now you are giving me ideas! Lol. Seriosuly though it should be free. The guys are working on it now.

4Waters

Reaction score

Shortcut is what I did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171026-143646.jpg
    Screenshot_20171026-143646.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 46

cole_skier

Reaction score
Just tried the new site...... looks great and easy to use :thumbsup

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Reminds me off old body building forums I used to be on. I don?t like it but if the masses do I?m sure I?ll get used to it

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I would have already done it but everyone said don't do it without the app.. lol.

Now the same guys that were saying do it with the app are saying I don't need the app. Lol. Ain't that a bitch?
Those "guys" didn't realize you Can view forums on a phone without an app.

Invision works the same way. No app needed.

Tapatalk will be a thing of the past for everyone in a few years.

Good riddence to bad rubbish.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Bye bye tapatalk!

There are a few more steps involved on the phone to upload pics and vids, but, i like it!

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
More information than I like to see. Maybe the app will be cleaner like Tapatalk is. If not, I'm sure I will get used to it. Definitely better than trying to read the forum from a browser than before.

The upside will be seeing TPC's signatures again. [emoji41]

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Dave, I apologize for not reading all 20 pages, but are you also moving to XenForo platform?