WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The New RDP Next Week - READ ME!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are getting dangerously close to launching the new rdp and it will likely go live late next week. Something's you should know are that Tapatalk will be a thing of the past. For those of you that browse the forum exclusively on TT you are going to click RDP and it isn't gonna work.

If you do not know your login information you should begin figuring that out. If you need a password reset or something please PM me before the new site goes live.

The first phase of the website is primarily just getting things up and rolling in the new software and it won't be all that different from the current software with the exception that you will now be able to upload multiple photos into a post directly onto the forum (like Facebook etc) without having to use a third party software like Tapatalk. I will get into this feature more as we get closer because we have custom coded some very cool things into that (galleries for builds etc.)

All the additional features will be coming along in stages after the initial release. For those that like to have an "app" on your phone we will also have an rdp mobile app that will be released shortly as well!

My goal is to have the new "complete" RDP up and running by the first of the year and it will be considerably different and more capable than any forum on the net!

Stay Tuned!

RD

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
very cool.

We are getting dangerously close to launching the new rdp and it will likely go live late next week. Something's you should know are that Tapatalk will be a thing of the past. For those of you that browse the forum exclusively on TT you are going to click RDP and it isn't gonna work.

If you do not know your login information you should begin figuring that out. If you need a password reset or something please PM me before the new site goes live.

The first phase of the website is primarily just getting things up and rolling in the new software and it won't be all that different from the current software with the exception that you will now be able to upload multiple photos into a post directly onto the forum (like Facebook etc) without having to use a third party software like Tapatalk. I will get into this feature more as we get closer because we have custom coded some very cool things into that (galleries for builds etc.)

All the additional features will be coming along in stages after the initial release. For those that like to have an "app" on your phone we will also have an rdp mobile app that will be released shortly as well!

My goal is to have the new "complete" RDP up and running by the first of the year and it will be considerably different and more capable than any forum on the net!

Stay Tuned!

RD

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Im kinda slow when it comes to computers. That being said, I have a question......you said we need to know our log in info. So we will retain all our current stats, pm?s, etc? Or will we be reregistering on the new site....starting over as new members?

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Im kinda slow when it comes to computers. That being said, I have a question......you said we need to know our log in info. So we will retain all our current stats, pm?s, etc? Or will we be reregistering on the new site....starting over as new members?

X2

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I do, tapatalk sucks!

I have heard people say that. But never understood why it sucks? I have had no issues with it. Other than at times they change the layout. I know RD has some issue with owning the content or whatever but the world is going to apps and rdp is going away from an app? Makes no sense to me. Hell even my new computer everything is going app based and going away from having to go to web.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So we are gonna need to bookmark it in one of the browsers on our phone? Will it work in chrome or just ie?

I never use RDP on a computer, 99% percent of my time is on my tablet while taking a dump.

I think that would be a good survey, how many forum members primarily view RDP while dropping a deuce?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, who actually logs into the normal forums on their mobile device?

I'm guessing RD thinks everyone is like him and sits in their garage posting from a computer everyday? I rarely log in from my computer. 99.99% is from my phone using tapatalk. Not sure why he's going that direction but he is. It's kinda like when he posts an article and then pushes people to the front page, if the article isn't in a thread I won't read it. I'm guessing he's done diligent research and I must not be the norm.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I have heard people say that. But never understood why it sucks? I have had no issues with it. Other than at times they change the layout. I know RD has some issue with owning the content or whatever but the world is going to apps and rdp is going away from an app? Makes no sense to me. Hell even my new computer everything is going app based and going away from having to go to web.
It sounds like two weeks after the relaunch, there will be the release of the RDP app.

Not so much going away from an app as having it's own.

Reaction score
Guess I fall into the won't be posting a lot. TT works great.

Don't worry though, you will still have an occasional crying Jordan to keep you on your toes dave.

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave

I read the comments above and have to think you've thought of these things already...

While I don't think TT gives the same (as good) experience as being on my computer it gets me through while I'm traveling (which I do a lot).

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this... are you saying there will be no mobile access other than using a web browser to log in?

My computer has my password in memory - I don't recall what it is .

It sounds like I will need a password reset?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I'm guessing RD thinks everyone is like him and sits in their garage posting from a computer everyday? I rarely log in from my computer. 99.99% is from my phone using tapatalk. Not sure why he's going that direction but he is. It's kinda like when he posts an article and then pushes people to the front page, if the article isn't in a thread I won't read it. I'm guessing he's done diligent research and I must not be the norm.
The new site will have it's own app. From what I gathered from Dave, it's going to be pretty awesome and user friendly.

I am wondering about stats though and if we just start over as a new user....

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I wonder if new posts or unread posts will still be an option?

Curious also. I typically use TT 99% of the time to browse RDP. I filter by either timeline, unread posts, and new posts. Race-Dezert also has an App for the phone, but I still use TT to browse that forum also.

Singleton

Reaction score
Well until that RDP mobile app is released, I will be out. Too hard to read forum via iPhone in safari, and I am 100% a mobile user. Even on my iPad, easier for me to read forums via TT then safari.
Have fun everyone and see you then that RDP is out. Also if the RDP app costs money, I see a reduction in members and posts.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So we are gonna need to bookmark it in one of the browsers on our phone? Will it work in chrome or just ie?

I never use RDP on a computer, 99% percent of my time is on my tablet while taking a dump.

I think that would be a good survey, how many forum members primarily view RDP while dropping a deuce?

You must take alot of dumps!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
From what I have gathered TT can be a pain in ass for forum admin to keep seamless. I am a mobile user and use both often times keeping it on chrome

Singleton

Reaction score
He said there's going to be a phone app

Apple or Android?
If apple, if it has not already been submitted for code review, it is more like a month away. Getting an app into the Apple store is a PIA. The full code review usually takes over a month.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
No more TT? I'm out!!! Well at least limited browsing now. Will there be a dedicated RDP app in the future? That would be cool.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
No more Tapatalk? Guess that's one way to limit people posting. [emoji106]

Kind of what I was thinking. Plus this will create a lot of work for someone in my opinion. Sounds cool just sounds like it will take some time to get everyone dialed in

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats Dave. Watching people worry about change is always fun...

1xy38t.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I wonder if new posts or unread posts will still be an option?
I am surprised that there wasn't a handful of users selected to BETA Test the new site before completely switching everything over.

With my MBS Forum (mortgage market) they had me as a beta tester for like 6 months before they switched everyone over.

fishing fool

Reaction score
What is going on here? Do you all really think RD is going to make something worse for rdp??? Before you all throw in the towel give it a chance.

This is what is wrong with Society. People only find the wrong in something instead of keeping a open mind and giving it a chance.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I am surprised that there wasn't a handful of users selected to BETA Test the new site before completely switching everything over.

With my MBS Forum (mortgage market) they had me as a beta tester for like 6 months before they switched everyone over.

I think last time I was there RD told me to check it out on his computer. Ended up watching some videos instead 😊

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
What is going on here? Do you all really think RD is going to make something worse for rdp??? Before you all throw in the towel give it a chance.

This is what is wrong with Society. People only find the wrong in something instead of keeping a open mind and giving it a chance.
I'm offended by this statement. [emoji52]

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I think last time I was there RD told me to check it out on his computer. Ended up watching some videos instead 

That sounds like an "RDP Beta tester" :D

beta-tester_o_2373453.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
What is this tapatalk you all speak of, lol. Ive had many sites suggest signing up for it but never have . I'm on a tablet 99% of the time .
Other than not remembering my password because I don't log out , I can't see a downside to a better to a supposedly better experience.

Singleton

Reaction score

That is what normally occurs. RDP is not normal. Plus I think you have to go through that when releasing in the Apps Store.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I will admit - Tapatalk works pretty damn good 99% of the time. Viewing the current RDP forums using a web browser on a phone really sucks.

Dave - is there going to be a "mobile" version of the new RDP page? That may solve it and if so it would lessen the need for an app or tapatalk...

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

Pretty sure Dave said this..." For those that like to have an "app" on your phone we will also have an rdp mobile app that will be released shortly as well!"

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If youre not launching your Mobil app at the same time or prior to shutting off tapatalk youre making a huge mistake. Everyone on their phones will be on Facebook and Instagram instead. No one is going to use this site on browser on their phone. Its too hard to read and navigate.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So if your plan is two weeks or 6 months or whatever Id wait to launch one before canning the other.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You will retain everything. You just may have to login.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Guys, tapatalk is not the "gateway" to RDP.
I've tried it because if the hoopla, it sucks.

I post 99.9% from my phone. I have RDP Page on Safari, along with about 10 other pages I keep active.
I've logged in once in the last year...after replacing my phone.
You don't have to log in every time, just stay logged in.
I post pics directly from my phone, argue all day, and never miss a beat.

It makes no sense to believe that one can not easily participate in the forum without an app.
(And RD has stated that there will be a mobile app anyway)

Frankly, I prefer safari, chrome, or even Firefox (which are all mobile apps to start with) to the limiting structure of tapatalk.

While it may be preference, it baffles me why people give up the power of a solid browser for a third party app.

It also makes no sense to believe that all personal data will be lost. I suppose it could be with a total wash, but I suspect not.
Some seem to think that logging back in will erase all their history?

Um, if you can log in with your screen name and password, it stands to reason that you still exist in the RDP Matrix...along with your history.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Guys, tapatalk is not the "gateway" to RDP.
I've tried it because if the hoopla, it sucks.

I post 99.9% from my phone. I have RDP Page on Safari, along with about 10 other pages I keep active.
I've logged in once in the last year...after replacing my phone.
You don't have to log in every time, just stay logged in.
I post pics directly from my phone, argue all day, and never miss a beat.

It makes no sense to believe that one can not easily participate in the forum without an app.
(And RD has stated that there will be a mobile app anyway)

Frankly, I prefer safari, chrome, or even Firefox (which are all mobile apps to start with) to the limiting structure of tapatalk.

While it may be preference, it baffles me why people give up the power of a solid browser for a third party app.

It also makes no sense to believe that all personal data will be lost. I suppose it could be with a total wash, but I suspect not.
Some seem to think that logging back in will erase all their history?

Um, if you can log in with your screen name and password, it stands to reason that you still exist in the RDP Matrix...along with your history.

Exactly my thoughts. I use Safari on my iPhone 98% of time. Works great. I'm not a power poster but a power lurker and it works perfect IMO.

Good luck with the forum update Dave. I'm sure it'll be great. If not, looks like you have a bunch of guys ready to protest :skull

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You won't need it. The only reason I have TT is to upload photos from mobile devices. With the new it's you can upload multiple photos (like fb etc) directly to the site.

I upload multiple photos in the same post now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I upload multiple photos in the same post now.

On an apple? Or android?

And yes you can upload multiple photos into a post.. but you are still selecting them one at a time if it's on a mobile device.

The new software you can select like 40 photos and it will start uploading them in the background as soon as you hit go.