WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The New RDP Next Week - READ ME!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
851D2E9A-F0E5-4022-80D8-9189C6A6D89D.jpg 😜

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'd prefer to read the entire paragraph and not one word on screen at a time.

You're right, that is just horrible... :rolleyes :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171020-144525.jpg
    Screenshot_20171020-144525.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 37

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I can totally see the need for panic.

[video=youtube_https;Et71OnBDp_A]https://youtu.be/Et71OnBDp_A[/video]
A few days ago TT updated and it no longer allowed me to upload an individual pic. However, it allowed attachments. My Un-Windy Tuesday thread I posted multiple pics as attachments all in one step.
I think many of the concerns you're reading in this thread deal with the users ability to read threads without a Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass via browser and less about posting buttloads of pics.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A few days ago TT updated and it no longer allowed me to upload an individual pic. However, it allowed attachments. My Un-Windy Tuesday thread I posted multiple pics as attachments all in one step.
I think many of the concerns you're reading in this thread deal with the users ability to read threads without a Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass via browser and less about posting buttloads of pics.

It's all gonna be fine. I'm testing and making changes all this weekend. I'm gonna push back the launch of this thing a little longer and allow some of the naysayers and users to test it before we launch it to get their input.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Seriously though, there's one big question that has not been addressed yet...

With the holiday season looming upon us, Will the new site have snow?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
On an apple? Or android?

And yes you can upload multiple photos into a post.. but you are still selecting them one at a time if it's on a mobile device.

The new software you can select like 40 photos and it will start uploading them in the background as soon as you hit go.
On Android you can upload multiple photos to TT at the same time.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Here's how difficult it is to use safari. (Note sarcasm)

Step one: tap the safari icon.

IMG_0564.jpg

Step 2: if not already open, select the RDP page from active pages.

IMG_0565.jpg

Step 3: Browse forum.

IMG_0566.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I think the elimination of TT is good for advertisers as long as their ad can be seen on the new app.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On Android you can upload multiple photos to TT at the same time.

You can upload multiple photos into a post yes.. but you have to select them one at a time just like the video shows to my knowledge. You can't just tap all the photos you want and they all upload simultaneously.

RD

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You can upload multiple photos into a post yes.. but you have to select them one at a time just like the video shows to my knowledge. You can't just tap all the photos you want and they all upload simultaneously.

RD
Nope. Opens up the gallery, select all you want to upload and boom, they all upload.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

RD
Yes you can. I just did it.

Enen

Reaction score
How will the new site handle uploading video?

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Yeah, no... I can?t find a way to upload multiple pics at the same time...

Must be a droid thing.. won?t work from iPhone

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
... photo upload test
Yeah, no... I can?t find a way to upload multiple pics at the same time...

Must be a droid thing.. won?t work from iPhone
I just tried on Chrome/Android and when I hit the "manage attachments" button it kicked me back into TT? That's after zooming the screen to find all the tiny little buttons.

rivergames

Reaction score
Just when you think you are catching up to the times with modern technology, something new comes along and Forks that idea up! :eek

What the app icon?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just when you think you are catching up to the times with modern technology, something new comes along and Forks that idea up! :eek

What the app icon?

Don't have it yet.. my iniital plan was to launch app later, but after reading this thread I'll put it higher up on the priority list. My problem is I have to have the groundwork laid in the app for all the additional add ons, so it isn't as simple as "push button and go."

Anyhow check out that video guys.. I think you'll see that this place is about to be a lot easier to navigate and use.

RD

rivergames

Reaction score
Don't have it yet.. my iniital plan was to launch app later, but after reading this thread I'll put it higher up on the priority list. My problem is I have to have the groundwork laid in the app for all the additional add ons, so it isn't as simple as "push button and go."

Anyhow check out that video guys.. I think you'll see that this place is about to be a lot easier to navigate and use.

RD

It took me some time before I started using tapatalk. Once I got it figured out, I liked it.

I look forward to seeing what you and your team come out with for the site. Now a days, It's all about apps. I look at the home screen on my phone and just click email, tapatalk, FB, IG, ETC......it's easy

That would be pretty bitchen to easily just click on an RDP Icon and it opens RDP.....That'll save me 0.5 seconds every time I want to lurk on RDP! :skull:p

Figure I open RDP 20 times a day. That would be 10 seconds a day wasted without a RDP Icon. Figure 5 days out of the week (because I am usually outdoors and not on RDP on the weekends) and that would be 50 seconds a week X 52 weeks = 2,600 seconds divided by 60 seconds a minute = saving around 44 minutes a year if you hurry up and get an RDP Icon! Ha!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Sorry guys this thread is like listening to a bunch of 10 year old girls.

Its Dave's site. let him break his own toys if he wants to. I personally think it will be fine after a few minor issues that always show up.

I do a lot of interesting travel (got back from 19 days in several areas of Brazil on Tuesday) and never post pictures because is currently is a pain to do, I am looking forward to the changes.

Dave, your doing fine. Many of these guys would complain if they weren't be hung with a new rope.........

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It took me some time before I started using tapatalk. Once I got it figured out, I liked it.

I look forward to seeing what you and your team come out with for the site. Now a days, It's all about apps. I look at the home screen on my phone and just click email, tapatalk, FB, IG, ETC......it's easy

That would be pretty bitchen to easily just click on an RDP Icon and it opens RDP.....That'll save me 0.5 seconds every time I want to lurk on RDP! :skull:p

Figure I open RDP 20 times a day. That would be 10 seconds a day wasted without a RDP Icon. Figure 5 days out of the week (because I am usually outdoors and not on RDP on the weekends) and that would be 50 seconds a week X 52 weeks = 2,600 seconds divided by 60 seconds a minute = saving around 44 minutes a year if you hurry up and get an RDP Icon! Ha!

Exactly.
It takes me 2-3 seconds to get on RDP using safari.
It takes me about 5-10 seconds to load a pic from my phone.
It takes 1-3 seconds to move between forums.

If (GOD FORBID) I have to re-log on for some reason it takes about 10 seconds.

I can reference or link other other active page websites with one click, or roughly 1 second, then return to the RDP Page in one click, or roughly one more second.
All without ever leaving my browser.

WHY would I use an app that requires me to "switch" apps to see or link something else when I can do everything from my browser in the time it takes to click?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Its Dave's site. let him break his own toys if he wants to. I personally think it will be fine after a few minor issues that always show up.

I do a lot of interesting travel (got back from 19 days in several areas of Brazil on Tuesday) and never post pictures because is currently is a pain to do, I am looking forward to the changes.

Dave, your doing fine. Many of these guys would complain if they weren't be hung with a new rope.........

IMG_0567.jpg

Magic34

Reaction score
Not sure why he's going that direction but he is. It's kinda like when he posts an article and then pushes people to the front page, if the article isn't in a thread I won't read it. I'm guessing he's done diligent research and I must not be the norm.

If the following is strong enough, his own app makes the most sense from a business standpoint. If people directly use the app, he can control the advertising and impressions directly, therefore making his advertising more valuable to the client. Getting the product in front of the most qualified consumer/demographic is the goal. More control of what content the consumer (aka user, aka you and I) is exposed to increases the value of the advertising.

I pay an annual fee on some other forums that bring me significant value to my needs in boating (brand/engine specific content), so if RDP is free but improves his advertising revenue, its a win win.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I like it RD.

It will be fine, launch the app first, that will take care of the members who need something like that.

Looks slick! :thumbup:

milkmoney

Reaction score

I am not complaining, I am jus dumb when it comes to technology , jus a washed up milkman [emoji482] [emoji6] [emoji202]

When I get something figured out, it takes me forever to figure out the next step. [emoji106]

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Hopefully the update doesn't go like GD.com.....Cause many people bounced from that forum.

Fingers crossed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hopefully the update doesn't go like GD.com.....Cause many people bounced from that forum.

Fingers crossed.

I paid very close attention to what they did, and why the mass exodus happened and won't be following suit.

The new website will function and look extremely similar to what we already have, but will take current tasks and capabilities that are a pain in the ass and make them easier.

I would continue to be a member at RDP even if I had to BUY a fucking app to visit.

This community will survive some bullshit, it will continue on through any hiccups..:p

I appreciate that!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I do like the picture uploading feature being that I probably upload more pics to this site than just about anyone.

Im keeping an open mind about the browser and the phone. I hope it doesnt suck.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I do like the picture uploading feature being that I probably upload more pics to this site than just about anyone.

Im keeping an open mind about the browser and the phone. I hope it doesnt suck.

Well I talked to the coders today and I'm gonna push this thing a minute and have the app ready to go at launch as well.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

RD
Nobody likes change Dave. Instead of seeing if its better, its easier to bitch & complain. This same discussion went down when you added the advertising banners on the side...lol. Aint nobody gonna quit shit!

I got an idea. Instead of flaming RD, why not give it a chance & encourage the willingness & effort to keep it fresh? Never know, might be the best thing since sliced bread.

Thanx RD for putting in all the effort to keep the site which most of us are addicted too as current & easy as possible :thumbsup

milkmoney

Reaction score
I would continue to be a member at RDP even if I had to BUY a fucking app to visit.

This community will survive some bullshit, it will continue on through any hiccups..:p
+1, I couldn't leave my assclowns [emoji6] [emoji106] [emoji202] [emoji482]

underpressure

Reaction score

Fingers crossed.

Yea, they effed that up bad...

I used to go on there every day. They made the change and the site was basically hosed completely the eff up, especially on my iPad. Tried to use it a couple of times and just hated it and gave up. After this thread, went back on there yesterday, it's still effed up...probably won't try it again...

Let's hope this upgrade doesn't follow suit and works with an iPad!