WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The new toilet paper?

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Is it just me? Cannon printer ink is close to double the price online and cannot be found in stores anywhere near me. And apparently every place in the inland empire is out of propane tanks....
After an extensive search yesterday I gave up and decided to do some serious drinking...
Anyone else having these issues?
Cheers, hungover Jed-o

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I was going to buy a color laser printer until I saw it would be like $280 for ink to replace it. No thank you!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was going to buy a color laser printer until I saw it would be like $280 for ink to replace it. No thank you!

Ok, not joking here...

You have to look at the cost per page to compare printers. Yeah, you can buy a printer for pennies, but ink jet printers Cost per page are Way more than a laser!

It's a pain, but you have to do homework to figure out which one is cheaper in the long run.

And yeah......

I'm thinking propane is the new toilet paper as well. :mad:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Is it just me? Cannon printer ink is close to double the price online and cannot be found in stores anywhere near me. And apparently every place in the inland empire is out of propane tanks....
After an extensive search yesterday I gave up and decided to do some serious drinking...
Anyone else having these issues?
Cheers, hungover Jed-o

I've acquired 5 or 6 propane bottles in the last few weeks....I filled 4 of them last night....so that should run the patio heater until the end of the week lol. I have 2 more from work that I'm bringing home today.

This whole bullshit has turned me into a bit of a prepper.....buying everything I can when I see it for halfway reasonable prices. If I wait till I need it, it seems I'm stuck paying 2 or 3 times what it should cost.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've acquired 5 or 6 propane bottles in the last few weeks....I filled 4 of them last night....so that should run the patio heater until the end of the week lol. I have 2 more from work that I'm bringing home today.

This whole bullshit has turned me into a bit of a prepper.....buying everything I can when I see it for halfway reasonable prices. If I wait till I need it, it seems I'm stuck paying 2 or 3 times what it should cost.

I think I have 10 now and my good buddy manages the praxair

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

LOL I get it. It's funny, I was at the river over new years and filled one of our tanks at river island Market with no issues. Come home and want to enjoy the firepit Angela and I had been saving up for a while now and nothing available in Running Springs. I figured it was just the weekend people enjoying the nice weather and doing all the grilling. No big deal I'll head to Redlands Monday morning and pick up my clients door grab propane and printer ink. Two out of 3 I got fucked... So I bought whiskey and went home. Now it's Tuesday brown bottle flu day 🤣

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I don’t know how may people have PGE in CA for natural gas, but it’s now over $2 a therm in tiered areas. Tiers just started, I didn’t know there was a shortage of NG.

Southwest Gas in NV is .68 a therm, no tiers.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Propane tanks are a rarity in Cali right now? Find a roofing supplier, and offer a roofer a few beers for one of his. I used to carry 3-6 "BBQ" bottles, or 2 20gl depending on the day.
Are people with electric appliances worried about cooking?
I've been seeing people up here stock up. Mostly it seems feed for critters. Not a lot of understocked pantries I guess.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Propane was short here in OC as well. Went to Lowes, they had multiple cages full.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
....and you probably all know, you get fucked when you buy the exchange tanks. They fill them to about 3.75 gallons, not 4.5 like the tank holds. I'll buy a cage tank if I can't find any empties but always get them filled at the local uhaul place (closest place around). They put an honest 4.5 gallons in it and charge you for that....amazing how much longer they last. I think the last cage tank I bought had less than 3 gallons in it. It ran my patio heater for a grand total of 4 hours before it flamed out. The refill ran it for a week of evenings...probably 10 hours

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I went to Benlow RV to have my toy hauler tanks filled. No issues there.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
We have 2 2000 gallon propane tanks at our store and do refills, haven't had any supply issues and we get filled several times a week also no shortage of tanks at our store or the any of our 2 main warehouses.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I don’t know how may people have PGE in CA for natural gas, but it’s now over $2 a therm in tiered areas. Tiers just started, I didn’t know there was a shortage of NG.

Southwest Gas in NV is .68 a therm, no tiers.

I would expect this is all caused by the decrease in demand for gasoline at the current time. People not commuting into work and definitely a reduced number of planes flying around. With the major drop in refining production around the world, I am sure no one is pumping too much right now. NG and the like come from when you harvest the wells. When there is no need, the pumping stops, tank farms are full, and floating tankers with nowhere to offload cost 10's of thousands per day. No shortage of the raw materials, they are just not progressing down the supply chain.

When helium is suddenly missing, its when they are not poking any new holes in the earth to access crude.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
....and you probably all know, you get fucked when you buy the exchange tanks. They fill them to about 3.75 gallons, not 4.5 like the tank holds. I'll buy a cage tank if I can't find any empties but always get them filled at the local uhaul place (closest place around). They put an honest 4.5 gallons in it and charge you for that....amazing how much longer they last. I think the last cage tank I bought had less than 3 gallons in it. It ran my patio heater for a grand total of 4 hours before it flamed out. The refill ran it for a week of evenings...probably 10 hours
I definitely understand that buddy. I'd try to find a fill up station if the tank I ran across in my basement wasn't such a rusted piece of shit 🤣

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Yo Jed doesn’t arrowhead rentals in dim forest refill them still? Hey pm me your number need to say what’s up been to long man!