WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Outboard Church

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Let's go play !!!

I figured that would be your response. It would be fun. He ran 109 yesterday with a ton of throttle left. He wouldn't tell me what rpm he was at. I can tell you it accelerates really hard, especially for stock 300s.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It's going to be exciting to see how Dan's 28 RGR/Doug Wright runs once it's finally dialed in. I realize his 28 and Bully's 28 Nordic are very different boats but similar in size. I'm certain Bully's Nordic weighs a lot more but it also has 200 more horsepower. I am in NO WAY talking down about Bully's incredible Nordic, just pondering the differences between the 2 boats. Dan's 28 is very much purpose built with 4 bucket seats, no gauges except the vessel view, and built very light. Very similar to Bully, Dan loves to roll miles on his boats and isn't afraid to run them wide open for miles upon miles, once he gets comfortable with the boat. It's going to be fun watching Dan & Bully's progress with both of these amazing machines.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It's going to be exciting to see how Dan's 28 RGR/Doug Wright runs once it's finally dialed in. I realize his 28 and Bully's 28 Nordic are very different boats but similar in size. I'm certain Bully's Nordic weighs a lot more but it also has 200 more horsepower. I am in NO WAY talking down about Bully's incredible Nordic, just pondering the differences between the 2 boats. Dan's 28 is very much purpose built with 4 bucket seats, no gauges except the vessel view, and built very light. Very similar to Bully, Dan loves to roll miles on his boats and isn't afraid to run them wide open for miles upon miles, once he gets comfortable with the boat. It's going to be fun watching Dan & Bully's progress with both of these amazing machines.

So, what was the reason behind going with 300s instead of the 400s? It seems as though cost doesn't appear to be a huge factor when you build that caliber of boat new.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
So, what was the reason behind going with 300s instead of the 400s? It seems as though cost doesn't appear to be a huge factor when you build that caliber of boat new.

You are correct, it was not about cost. He was very worried about CG with all that extra weight hanging off the back. Dan loves to run the sloughs of the Delta and handling was a BIG focus. He also gets out to some big water at times and didn't want the boat that ass heavy. It already sits pretty low in the water at the stern with the 300's. There is another one of these 28's being built right now with twin 400R.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
She wants to know if there is gum on her shoe....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 174

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Wild Bill and I will be there...

Stoker and Cougar...should be fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 146

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
First run with 2.5 / 260's on my Daytona 22. Starboard engine runs hot, port engine runs cold. Engine height needs work, as well as water pressure. Set it up for props spinning in, I need to try spinning out as well. Any advice from the church would be appreciated. Running 32 cleaver 3 blades.

[video=youtube_https;wLDaqEcgQdc]https://youtu.be/wLDaqEcgQdc[/video]

shueman

Reaction score
Mike LaPaglia's (sp?) 25' at the Mothership this week for some interior work ...
20170425_123755.jpg

20170425_123726.jpg

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
First run with 2.5 / 260's on my Daytona 22. Starboard engine runs hot, port engine runs cold. Engine height needs work, as well as water pressure. Set it up for props spinning in, I need to try spinning out as well. Any advice from the church would be appreciated. Running 32 cleaver 3 blades.

Yes. Definitely get the engine height even and the water pressure should also be pretty even at that point ( within about five psi of each other is close enough One will always run a little more than the other just works that way ). Not sure if you have adjustability there or not? I am not an expert with 2.5's. But every outboard I have set up encountered a lot of the same things you're dealing with.
Get the water pressure even.
Run the X as absolutely high as possible without losing water pressure and the steering still feels good. No funny sideways stuff at high speed.
Try Spin in. Spin out.
Try every set of propellers you can get your hands on.
I have about 15 sets of props. Most of them are pitched above 30 and round ear bravos. Not sure if that work for you.
I'm thinking three or four blade cleavers would probably be the best for that set up.
When you find the right prop you'll know pretty quick.

What engines did you have on there before? How did they run with what propellers? Spinning in spinning out etc.?

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
We found some issues, we had some fun. Good to be back on the water with Wild Bill.

The DBR ran perfect, the Yamaha looked strong with the new ECU !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 151

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes. Definitely get the engine height even and the water pressure should also be pretty even at that point ( within about five psi of each other is close enough One will always run a little more than the other just works that way ). Not sure if you have adjustability there or not? I am not an expert with 2.5's. But every outboard I have set up encountered a lot of the same things you're dealing with.
Get the water pressure even.
Run the X as absolutely high as possible without losing water pressure and the steering still feels good. No funny sideways stuff at high speed.
Try Spin in. Spin out.
Try every set of propellers you can get your hands on.
I have about 15 sets of props. Most of them are pitched above 30 and round ear bravos. Not sure if that work for you.
I'm thinking three or four blade cleavers would probably be the best for that set up.
When you find the right prop you'll know pretty quick.

What engines did you have on there before? How did they run with what propellers? Spinning in spinning out etc.?

I had carb'd 2.4 mod vp's, 220 hp, ran 94 and I was spinning out.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Will Eliminator lay up the same style hull..( No Canopies )..Or did they trash them?
Besides the gel, I think that would be my dream set-up. I love the lines of the 25 and I love me some 2 smokers.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I had carb'd 2.4 mod vp's, 220 hp, ran 94 and I was spinning out.

How high do you have them right now? What about toe? Max rpm/top speed?

I run my 300's about 1.5" up. My engine temps vary side to side as well, as does water pressure somewhat.

shueman

Reaction score
Will Eliminator lay up the same style hull..( No Canopies )..Or did they trash them?

We still have the 25' Daytona "Classic" molds, but the wood floor single step and the newer inner-liner double step. We are prepping the molds right now to build this Classic for a customer in Louisville, KY ...

25Daytona-std7.jpg

HST4ME

Reaction score

Watching the water dumps you have some work to do before something bad happens.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Served hot !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 179

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Rev & Bully, when can we expect some awesome pics from Desert Storm?

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Rev & Bully, when can we expect some awesome pics from Desert Storm?

Flying commercial to Bully's and then flying the Cirrus to Havasu. We may do things a little different this year. We are going to be in the air, over the course. I will get some killer shots from above in the plane.

Thursday night is Street Fair...should be a visual evening!
early session in the 28' Friday morning...visit Joe Abellera's shop...then get in the plane and fly the course for a couple hours...maybe late lunch in Parker with Scarlata...then a nice dinner in Havasu , complete with a good cigar!

I'll be posting on the Church whenever I can during the weekend.

Saturday shootout...
Sunday , more boating!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 154

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Is Bully running the shootout?

No shoot out for me. I have a hard time watching it. Almost like watching baseball or golf. I watch it till the first commercial then I'm gone. Kind of boring.

Best part about the shoot out is if the weathers nice a whole bunch of boats tied together and we have a good time. And occasionally see a boat go by.

I'd rather lay down 150 miles with the Reverend.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
No shoot out for me. I have a hard time watching it. Almost like watching baseball or golf. I watch it till the first commercial then I'm gone. Kind of boring.

Best part about the shoot out is if the weathers nice a whole bunch of boats tied together and we have a good time. And occasionally see a boat go by.

I'd rather lay down 150 miles with the Reverend.

I still haven't been to DS but one of these years. I completely agree with running our boats versus sitting and gabbing about other boats. We can sit, gab, drink, smoke cigars, etc AFTER we run our boats 150+ miles. I don't buy my boats for them to barely get used.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 136

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Street fair is going off today! :skull

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 121

shueman

Reaction score
I still haven't been to DS but one of these years. I completely agree with running our boats versus sitting and gabbing about other boats. We can sit, gab, drink, smoke cigars, etc AFTER we run our boats 150+ miles. I don't buy my boats for them to barely get used.

Next year is the 20th :eek Might be one to come down for ...

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Next year is the 20th :eek Might be one to come down for ...

Bully and War Canoe would have to give me a 20 minute head start anytime we went anywhere in my slow ass Skater. It sure looks like a blast.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Great show!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 111

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
The Reverend was graciously invited to participate in Desert Storm in style....

The Bully gave me HIS seat in Sandy's Badass DW cat...

See you out there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 123