WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Outboard Church

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Love that cut down 368. Weather looks sweet too.

It truly is a fantastic boat. Amazing it's only 800hp & pushes that HUGE boat so well. The new owners are thrilled with it. They launched in Discovery Bay, met us in Benicia, lunch @ Sam's in Tiburon. Went out under Gate but it was so foggy we could barely see the bridge above us. Spun around, hit McCovey Cove then back to Benicia. I will try to get more pics from my passengers. Fantastic day

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Awesome weekend!

9BE21DA1-C51B-4A13-B2AC-1C2A85764321.jpeg
BB5ADF9B-A57E-4BD8-81E7-E6DA32D9CC54.jpeg
86DDDF1B-3311-4D7B-B2BD-CD814E06A40E.jpeg

NWFreerider

Reaction score
Powell was an overwhelming experience and the scenery was incredible. Lots of outboard cats at the Lake Powell Challenge and running up lake at 100 with them during the poker run was awesome.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Rumor has it Rev, Kev, & a few others ripping up the Delta tomorrow. We will be in our cabin cruiser headed to Porthole about 1pm, wave as u fly by.
20190920_123812.jpg
20190920_142833.jpg

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Rumors are true....
I got Wild Bill as Co-Pilot...We will be on the road early! I plan on running some big miles

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Figured we'd brush up on our studies. View attachment 799275 View attachment 799276 View attachment 799277 View attachment 799278 View attachment 799279 View attachment 799280 View attachment 799281

Quick rip after work tonight.

That's a 1980 hydrostream with a 2.4.....
(Nick Peterson from merc racing):cool:

His sweetie pie and her mom on board....:D

Couple of the pics courtesy of @HydroSkreamin

That pic with the Hydrostream with the Venerable 2.4 next to yours with the 400 REALLY illustrate the huge size difference between the 2.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
That pic with the Hydrostream with the Venerable 2.4 next to yours with the 400 REALLY illustrate the huge size difference between the 2.

When my 400r was in the crate, I measured it from the bottom of the skeg to the top of the cowl. It was 6'2". I have a 20" mid and a sportsmaster lower.

They aren't small.

Tell ya what though, trouble free boating all summer. Fuel economy ain't too shabby either. This was a couple days ago.
33028.jpeg

Read the stats... :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
When my 400r was in the crate, I measured it from the bottom of the skeg to the top of the cowl. It was 6'2". I have a 20" mid and a sportsmaster lower.

They aren't small.

Tell ya what though, trouble free boating all summer. Fuel economy ain't too shabby either. This was a couple days ago. View attachment 800655

Read the stats... :D
You're really not gonna hear an argument from me on their performance and economy. I will say the 2.4 (when pre-mixed) is damn near bullet proof. I was just blown away at how big they are comparatively when I first stepped into Faulkner's CC.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
It is now 12:23am. Just put the boat away.
Big thanks to Alex and Lauren for towing my ass a long ass way.

Even though Wild Bill and I ended up on a rope, we put in about 130 miles of boating filet. Met some cool new guys with sweet STV’s...
Saw all my buddy’s...
Had a great time.

The ocean going freighter “T-Rex” came thru just as we got going...
Scary big.
CD53C48B-5E55-474C-A37A-C646C422BC60.jpeg
C65AECF0-4C5F-4919-AA84-9817049BAFA6.jpeg

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I believe Rev found a shallow spot near Antioch bridge & motor went into guardian & had to shut it down. HUGE thanks to Lauren & Alex for towing them. Maybe we should all pitch in & buy Rev a boat US membership with towing for $78:rolleyes::D

stoker2001

Reaction score
Enough from the peanut gallery...
LOL,glad you made it back..SERIOUS rope time:mad::eek:awesome time/weather,considering setback!Has to be a way of backflushing those turds out of water intakes in an emergency?My junk runs propshaft at 1-3/4",so I dont think mine would ever plug in event of mud bog?HUGE props to Alex and Lauren for Lunch and playing US-tow.Rusty porthole has mean Double bacon cheeseburger!GREAT peeps and times

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
I believe Rev found a shallow spot near Antioch bridge & motor went into guardian & had to shut it down. HUGE thanks to Lauren & Alex for towing them. Maybe we should all pitch in & buy Rev a boat US membership with towing for $78:rolleyes::D
:D Read my mind ! Glad you made it back REV.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
What a day! Ended up being a pretty long day...but a good day none the less. Morning back water rips followed by a soothing evening Delta 3hr cruise:D. Real good thing our cooler was loaded. Always glad to help the parishioners in need.
KKraft01.jpg
PotatoEuro1.jpg
PotatoEuro2.jpg
Rev01.jpg
STVday4.jpg
STVday5.jpg
STVday6.jpg

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
6FA63123-56ED-4100-9AFA-ADAD61D53923.jpeg
I am ready to rip...
Replaced water pump, pressure test was perfect...fresh gear oil ...
Took a minute to get everything lined up and centered on the install, but it went together fairly easily.

I need some more Delta ....
Time to go hang with Rob, Tamara, Alex , Lauren and Kevin !!! Church will be in session again, soon!

Headless hula

Reaction score
View attachment 801341 I am ready to rip...
Took a minute to get everything lined up and centered on the install, but it went together fairly easily.

Time to go hang with Rob, Tamara, Alex and Lauren !!! Church will be in session again, soon!
Hey Rev, How much setback you got on that hotrod?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Time to go hang with Rob, Tamara, Alex , Lauren and Kevin !!! Church will be in session again, soon!

I heard there’s a few boaters getting together in a couple Friday’s from now. You a part of that?

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
526E6BC8-D03C-4C35-B8D7-641C1E2F2E2D.jpeg

Hey Rev, How much setback you got on that hotrod?

I need to measure it again, but I bet I’m 21” back. I’ll check tomorrow. The original engine was a 275 Verado...the first tunnel to have a big 4 stroke Supercharged Merc. Bob Leach of Eliminator boats was really interested in this build. I also added the wakeboard roll bar and speaker system to take the kids wakeboarding. Also, added a custom Bimini. Nobody had ever done this to a tunnel. Works pretty damn good for doing everything on the water.
The 22’ Daytona has a lot of room for a relatively small boat. Super comfortable and the Stereo and Bimini work super good.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I heard there’s a few boaters getting together in a couple Friday’s from now. You a part of that?

Sounds like “ Hooky Day” run???
(That is ALWAYS on Friday)
Great peeps, great run!

Just called Kevin, it is Hooky day, first Friday in October. I will most likely be there!

Last edited:

Headless hula

Reaction score
View attachment 801342

I need to measure it again, but I bet I’m 21” back. I’ll check tomorrow. The original engine was a 275 Verado...the first tunnel to have a big 4 stroke Supercharged Merc. Bob Leach of Eliminator boats was really interested in this build. I also added the wakeboard roll bar and speaker system to take the kids wakeboarding. Also, added a custom Bimini. Nobody had ever done this to a tunnel. Works pretty damn good for doing everything on the water.
The 22’ Daytona has a lot of room for a relatively small boat. Super comfortable and the Stereo and Bimini work super good.
So, when the verado go away and you went back to a 2 stroke?
What did it run with the 4 stroke?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Sounds like “ Hooky Day” run???
(That is ALWAYS on Friday)
Great peeps, great run!

Just called Kevin, it is Hooky day, first Friday in October. I will most likely be there!

Ummmmmm, what do u mean most likely????

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
So, when the verado go away and you went back to a 2 stroke?
What did it run with the 4 stroke?

I ran the Verado for 650 hours...
Best speed was 84 mph.
Put a 300xs on and ran 88 mph...
Sold it to Wild Bill...bought the MTR Cougar from Bill.
Then, I bought the Daytona back from Wild Bill, with no engine.
Wild Bill had a high performance 250 XS (6350 redline)for sale, and I put it on the boat.
Decided to increase low end power and performance with 1:75 Torque master lower unit and a 22 pitch Bravo. Now it hits like crazy off the line for skiing, and top end is 65 mph.
This set up works great for the family.

Last edited:

stoker2001

Reaction score

I would check the strainer (cooling sys for air compressor).bit of a pain as you have to remove lower pan (port half only).Its black plastic fitting with cooling hose that goes to pump.If it is plugged,you will get an pump overheat alarm and worse case smoke a $800 compressor!Rod and I were talking about a MOD that Steve Shermen does that drastically improves this strainer/filtration and makes it way more user friendly when doing maintenance!

HST4ME

Reaction score
LoL no.. Kenny has done some work for me, he's a good dude. A couple of years ago we talked on the phone about stuff and cutting the back off the 3 liters to make some space...good to see he ran with it.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I would check the strainer (cooling sys for air compressor).bit of a pain as you have to remove lower pan (port half only).Its black plastic fitting with cooling hose that goes to pump.If it is plugged,you will get an pump overheat alarm and worse case smoke a $800 compressor!Rod and I were talking about a MOD that Steve Shermen does that drastically improves this strainer/filtration and makes it way more user friendly when doing maintenance!

Nice Pair did a HUGE upgrade for me several years ago on our Skater. He ditched the factory strainers & installed canister strainers under our hatch so we have access to them. They twist off, u dump them overboard, fill them with sea or fresh water, twist them back on & you are done & running again. THEY ARE BRILLIANT!!! Thanks Steve

stoker2001

Reaction score
Nice Pair did a HUGE upgrade for me several years ago on our Skater. He ditched the factory strainers & installed canister strainers under our hatch so we have access to them. They twist off, u dump them overboard, fill them with sea or fresh water, twist them back on & you are done & running again. THEY ARE BRILLIANT!!! Thanks Steve
For all peeps with Optis,this is a must especially if you are running in Delta with all the vegetation/debris water!the plastic factory strainer is so vulnerable to full restriction,the bass boat guys must carry tools on board out there and fix while fishing..

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Rev, u bringing some Oroville peeps down next Friday for Hookie Day?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We will be rolling some miles on Saturday with n2otoofast4u & a few others. Wind will determine our destination for Saturday.