WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Outboard Church

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Little 65 mile rip behind the newest addition to the Delta fleet. If you pay attention you will see the blur as Highvoltage329 and family flys past. Little sloppy on the way back but its actually pretty fun in a little boat....although my wife may not totally agree with that.😁

Duramax

Reaction score
Little 65 mile rip behind the newest addition to the Delta fleet. If you pay attention you will see the blur as Highvoltage329 and family flys past. Little sloppy on the way back but its actually pretty fun in a little boat....although my wife may not totally agree with that.😁
I cannot wait to come do this with you next summer. Your boat did great!

stoker2001

Reaction score
View attachment 936367 View attachment 936368 View attachment 936369

Started the vacation off good, but smoked a lower CLE and Weldon pump. Joe@Havasu Hotlaps took fantastic care of us and got my family back on the water.
Does anyone still run the Weldon Drag/Offshore pumps, or is everyone going Bosch?
I had Bosch fail quite frequently,and there chineese Knock-off is COMPLETE junk!that Weldon is a cast-body,i like there billet pumps better,with that being said Weldon are aircraft quality and I have never had them let me down in Decades..They prime from amazingly high levels above tank/fuel level!also the weldons are completely rebuildable verses bosch which is throwaway..the drawbacks are they are noisy and amp draw is sometimes a prob with Merc 2.5 race motors that only have 16amp charging..

Last edited:

stoker2001

Reaction score
No reason for that ps failure
SAD deal,and this is a little 21 foot lib..3rd time still under warrantee,and Mercury says nada:mad:I believe the second shaft was suppose to be the one-piece upgraded one🤮I have run the wimpy 1" 15 spline sky high at two inches above and never snapped..

Duramax

Reaction score
I had Bosch fail quite frequently,and there chineese Knock-off is COMPLETE junk!that Weldon is a cast-body,i like there billet pumps better,with that being said Weldon are aircraft quality and I have never had them let me down in Decades..They prime from amazingly high levels above tank/fuel level!also the weldons are completely rebuildable verses bosch which is throwaway..the drawbacks are they are noisy and amp draw is sometimes a prob with Merc 2.5 race motors that only have 16amp charging..
I have decided to just buy 2 new Weldon billet pumps, or have these rebuilt. I have the Simon alt kits on my 260's, so I'm not too worried about voltage. Would you buy new or rebuild? I am staying with Weldon

KingofBeers

Reaction score
I cannot wait to come do this with you next summer. Your boat did great!
This is honestly THE best time of year up here on the Delta. Low traffic, not crazy hot, low traffic...lol. Its supposed to be 80ish this weekend. We pretty much run year round up here. Nothing like a clear, brisk, winter rip! @n2otoofast4u liked the Delta so much he is storing one of his boats here this year so he can run around when he can get down here. Its the place to be!🤪

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Church at Trump rally today , Awesome !
A5B038AC-654C-4815-8305-C3D717948D60.jpeg

2845BDE6-B671-467A-BC9D-89C78C64A45C.jpeg
DBBBB937-61EC-4BB4-B72B-02EBEB1CEE48.jpeg

stoker2001

Reaction score
I have decided to just buy 2 new Weldon billet pumps, or have these rebuilt. I have the Simon alt kits on my 260's, so I'm not too worried about voltage. Would you buy new or rebuild? I am staying with Weldon
I would contact Weldon directly and make sure they can rebuild those cast body pumps.Jim Craig is the rep office 440-232-2282 (x103) or cell 440-465-1061.another dealer for Weldon in Kinsler fuel injection in Ohio.good luck

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
PARKER ENDURO 2020...1st in DIV 6, 2ND OVERALL WUPPED EVERY OTHER OUTBOARD,INBOARD 'CEPT A 1350 POWERED NORDIC....REPRESENTIN'
View attachment 938299 View attachment 938300

Thanks again Steve for including me in the driver line up. The race was a blast. Big thanks to John Haddon for stepping in and helping out where ever he saw a need. Made getting in the boat a lot easier having someone hook everything up. All I had to do was sit there.

2020 Parker Enduro.JPG
2020 Parker Enduro 2.JPG

Groper

Reaction score
Hey KoB, how would you compare your Liberator to a Stoker SST ?
I bought a 20.4 earlier this summer that I was going to re-power and re-do the interior when this 20.1 SST popped up, bought it and sold the 20.4 now getting seat time on this beauty and what a blast to drive.
20201011_135603.jpg

Last edited:

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, the Stoker would turn way better....
The Liberator May be superior in rough water.
The Stoker needs to run a lighter engine than the liberator...The liberator can carry a V8 whereas you’d need a 22’-23’ Stoker to do the same. The smaller Stokers need a 2.5 if they want to be safe. Personally, the 2.5 stuff is getting progressively harder to get.
The newer engines are a bit heavier than the featherweight 2.5 of the past.
come on Alex, what’s your opinion?:cool:
404675A1-9544-4E43-8715-CC2829528A33.png
5DAFA8E3-CDC0-4008-9261-0A19B3E091C6.jpeg
C8B15EE2-F22A-4039-8F4D-93FAA24EB496.jpeg

Last edited:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, the Stoker would turn way better....
The Liberator May be superior in rough water.
The Stoker needs to run a lighter engine than the liberator...The liberator can carry a V8 whereas you’d need a 22’-23’ Stoker to do the same. The smaller Stokers need a 2.5 if they want to be safe. Personally, the 2.5 stuff is getting progressively harder to get.
The newer engines are a bit heavier than the featherweight 2.5 of the past.
come on Alex, what’s your opinion?:cool:

While I have not driven the Liberator I have a ton of seat time in the Stoker, the 307 boat in particular. I have read quite a bit about the Liberator from Randy and others and feel your opinion is spot on.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
I bought a 20.4 earlier this summer that I was going to re-power and re-do the interior when this 20.1 SST popped up, bought it and sold the 20.4 now getting seat time on this beauty and what a blast to drive.
View attachment 940562
I am the wrong guy to ask. I have zero experience with Stokers or any other boat for that matter. My 300r Liberator is the first performance oriented boat ive ever owned. War Canoe has been in my boat out here in the Delta and driven it briefly once in the Oroville afterbay if I recall. With that said, he is in a much better position to comment on both boats.

What I can say is that you would be hard pressed to find more bang for your buck if buying new. It definitely handles rough water very well for a 21' boat. There arent very many days Ive been chased back to the dock due to high winds and sloppy water. Overall its been a great boat to rip around the Sac Delta in a wide variety of conditions, perhaps a wider variety than a smaller Stoker would be as comfortable in.

stingray11

Reaction score
I can comment the absolute King of the SST was Alan Stoker and he ran a OMC engine 3 liter V6 which stock weight in about 450 lb so the SST can't handle a little heavier motor but I don't know about a a new merc racing that is well over 550 lb that may be a little much.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

stingray11

Reaction score
View attachment 940562
Curious how it handles the Evinrude motor and do you know the weight of that motor

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can comment the absolute King of the SST was Alan Stoker and he ran a OMC engine 3 liter V6 which stock weight in about 450 lb so the SST can't handle a little heavier motor but I don't know about a a new merc racing that is well over 550 lb that may be a little much.

The 300r is listed at 512#.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Did Randy weigh the HD version? That one is listed at 543ish so with fluid and prop I can see that being the case easily.
No, it was the tri-ram sportmaster that he puts on the Liberators. I think Merc claims 505# for those...same as an XS. They are 567# with oil according to Randy. The heavy duty off shore mids are much heavier I think. He weighed them all. The 450 came in ~710#.

Groper

Reaction score
Curious how it handles the Evinrude motor and do you know the weight of that motor

507lbs. so far so good as far as handling I've cruised @75+ mph with no ill handling issues, there is one thing that's weird @speed is that you can have a conversation over the engine/wind noise, it's pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I am the wrong guy to ask. I have zero experience with Stokers or any other boat for that matter. My 300r Liberator is the first performance oriented boat ive ever owned. War Canoe has been in my boat out here in the Delta and driven it briefly once in the Oroville afterbay if I recall. With that said, he is in a much better position to comment on both boats.

What I can say is that you would be hard pressed to find more bang for your buck if buying new. It definitely handles rough water very well for a 21' boat. There arent very many days Ive been chased back to the dock due to high winds and sloppy water. Overall its been a great boat to rip around the Sac Delta in a wide variety of conditions, perhaps a wider variety than a smaller Stoker would be as comfortable in.
I believe your 21 Liberator is very close to my 21 Eliminator, if not almost the same. Even with the weight of twins on mine, I laugh on how good it is in the slop. If you are into mx at all, its like I am wheel tapping the rear end when I go over wakes, maybe even easier because it seems to be harder to stuff the front because of the twins. My only drawback on this boat is gas mileage. I am going to try and add 6-8 gallons a side before next year, as I do not want to always worry about fuel. Anything to help.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

I have had conversations with Alan about putting a 300xs on the back of the SST. His response was the hull doesn't like the extra weight and this causes some strange handling at the top end, 90+ the bow is making a sort of circle like it's searching. Not confidence inspiring. At lower speeds the heavier engine should be fine, so on a pleasure boat it should be no dramas as long as one does not try to get every mph of top end out of it.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I have had conversations with Alan about putting a 300xs on the back of the SST. His response was the hull doesn't like the extra weight and this causes some strange handling at the top end, 90+ the bow is making a sort of circle like it's searching. Not confidence inspiring. At lower speeds the heavier engine should be fine, so on a pleasure boat it should be no dramas as long as one does not try to get every mph of top end out of it.

I had thousands of miles in the passenger seat of a Stoker with a 300XS on it. Turned amazing and a lot of good qualities 75mph & under. As mentioned, trying to push past 75 was scary as hell watching the bow do a crazy circle movement & wasn't worth it to push past it according to its owner that I always rode with. My GREAT friend was killed while driving his Stoker when it spun out. I don't believe it was the boats fault. My buddy had physical disabilities & I believe he turned it too hard by accident.