WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Outboard Church

Faceaz

Reaction score
Yep i ordered new gaskets just now and yes i believe it is a 3.6 the model# is a J275TCLOS....I will get a pressure gauge this week and maybe try and get some smaller air bleeds for the mid and idle....

Start with just the idle, that will have a small affect on the mid as well & those get pricey when you're buying 8 at a time. Idle is just the low speed jet, mid range is the idle + mid jets, top end is the idle + mid + main jet.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
Start with just the idle, that will have a small affect on the mid as well & those get pricey when you're buying 8 at a time. Idle is just the low speed jet, mid range is the idle + mid jets, top end is the idle + mid + main jet.

I agree. I guess I will see how the new gaskets affect things and go from there. Do you have a recomendation of where to buy those idle jets? Or just suck it up and pay $8-10 per jet? I should just buy a trolling motor and save the money lol......the big one will just be a stunt motor ha ha "going green" JK

Faceaz

Reaction score
I agree. I guess I will see how the new gaskets affect things and go from there. Do you have a recomendation of where to buy those idle jets? Or just suck it up and pay $8-10 per jet? I should just buy a trolling motor and save the money lol......the big one will just be a stunt motor ha ha "going green" JK

I will see what I have in the morning, getting harder & harder to read those little things.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
I will see what I have in the morning, getting harder & harder to read those little things.

Thanks Faceaz :) I am actually excited again about this boat....It has been really depressing lately until this weekend it pulled up on plane and took off like a rocketship :) Cant wait until I have it dialed. I understand about reading the jets lol. especially the older ones, you have to be careful they are what they say they are too! My main jets say they are 65s but have been drilled to 80.

Faceaz

Reaction score
Here's what I have:

Complete set of 8 for: 24s, 36s, 33s, 42s & 78s

I also have a couple 22s, 4- 28s, 7 - 82s & a single 71.

I'd sell for 5 bucks a piece.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
Ok thanks Faceaz :) I will contact you after I try running the new gaskets this weekend. I also kinda jumped the gun and ordered a set of eight, 22 air bleeds I figured if I start small I could drill bigger if needed....better to be way too rich than lean. I am interested in the 24s and 33s though because I think I need to start building a jet kit if I plan on having this boat for a while......so I will contact you shortly for those jets once I see the results of these 22s in conjunction with the new gaskets. I have heard of some people even plugging the mid jet entirely? Have you heard of this? My plan of attack at this point is to put the 22 in the idle circuit and test it.....then if still boggish I will then try my 29s in place of the 36mid to fatten that circuit up. We will see.....basically it's all trial and error at this point but I am learning that basically this thing just needs a lot of fuel everywhere it seems.

Faceaz

Reaction score
I personally hate the idea of drilling - it could really screw things up in the future if you don't track them carefully. Never heard of plugging the mid. Think my 4.0 has 30s or 32s for mids & it's definitely on the rich side. I could get way more mid-range punch with the 36s, just not as safe for the engine.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
I personally hate the idea of drilling - it could really screw things up in the future if you don't track them carefully. Never heard of plugging the mid. Think my 4.0 has 30s or 32s for mids & it's definitely on the rich side. I could get way more mid-range punch with the 36s, just not as safe for the engine.

I completely agree about the drilling and the possibility of losing track. That is what gave me a headache in the beginning with the main jets. I am all for running rich at this point because I really cant afford to destroy this engine :eek so I am leaning to the rich side and will lean out from there. Plugs are alot cheaper than rebuilding an engine.....especially since alot of it is obsolete.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
Ok so I am a little slow lol.......well not anymore yay! Apparently I was using the wrong prop the whole time and not enough exhaust ventilation over the prop.......wow how embarassing........ Thank you AL Stoker for your advice and help :) so now I am in search for the best prop for This boat......a buddy on scream and fly recommended a four bladed cleaver from Ron hill.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Ok so I am a little slow lol.......well not anymore yay! Apparently I was using the wrong prop the whole time and not enough exhaust ventilation over the prop.......wow how embarassing........ Thank you AL Stoker for your advice and help :) so now I am in search for the best prop for This boat......a buddy on scream and fly recommended a four bladed cleaver from Ron hill.

Glad to hear you got it dialed in!!

Wolly42608

Reaction score
Yep :) now i just need to learn how to drive it lol......totally different world than i am used to. Gets really squirrely at times.....I think its "chine walking" not really sure how to improve that so i just back off and let my butt cheeks un clench ha ha....i was told to just accelerate through it but that does not seem right?

BigSteve

Reaction score
Yep :) now i just need to learn how to drive it lol......totally different world than i am used to. Gets really squirrely at times.....I think its "chine walking" not really sure how to improve that so i just back off and let my butt cheeks un clench ha ha....i was told to just accelerate through it but that does not seem right?

Al Stoker, is the man. :bowdown:

I would run the prop Al recommends first, before going to a cleaver prop.

Learning how to drive your boat is going to take a great deal of seat time

They can offer up some real challenging moments learning along the way :rolleyes

When the boat start to do its little dancing act or donkey hop I try to steer it to the left and right slightly, a shallow "S" under full power and drive thru and let it take a set on the pad at a faster pace.

Wolly42608

Reaction score
Thanks Steve :) I agree Stoker is the man. I will try and get as much seat time as I can......well as much as the wife will permit ha ha. Especially now that its the off season and cold :-( last weekend was the first time i actually got to.drive the boat and the cover didnt come.off once........ :) success!!!

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
We need more Outboard's to totally dominate !!

Attachments

• PARKER%20300%20ENDURO%20103010-1%20262.jpg
    PARKER%20300%20ENDURO%20103010-1%20262.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 90

SKIA36

Reaction score
Steve, Scott, and Tony had issues with a loose wire. They don't visit here much. See all the Church gossip on the brand x website.

Randy Davis/Nordic-1st King of the River
Stevie Davis/Nordic-2nd Queen of the River

I think the War Canoe was 4th in class 12 overall?

Their banished Little Bitch came back to bite them :):yikes

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Steve, Scott, and Tony had issues with a loose wire. They don't visit here much. See all the Church gossip on the brand x website.

Randy Davis/Nordic-1st King of the River
Stevie Davis/Nordic-2nd Queen of the River

I think the War Canoe was 4th in class 12 overall?

Their banished Little Bitch came back to bite them :):yikes

We were very impressed with your teams performance on the water. The Lil Bitch engine was a fire breather ... Glad you and Joe toned it down for endurance running. It still was wicked fast and reliable. :thumbup:

Your team kicked ass all day out there...You beat the names of the sport...that is badass! :champagne:

We were down for over an hour, and still got 20 of 28 laps in...so we feel good about finishing every race we ever entered. We had 80 gallons on board and were prepared to run 280 miles right out of the gate, but it was not to be. You can't win 'em all, but we wanted to!

Attachments

• Scarlata 336 2014.jpg
    Scarlata 336 2014.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 154

SKIA36

Reaction score
We were very impressed with your teams performance on the water. The Lil Bitch engine was a fire breather ... Glad you and Joe toned it down for endurance running. It still was wicked fast and reliable. :thumbup:

Your team kicked ass all day out there...You beat the names of the sport...that is badass! :champagne:

We were down for over an hour, and still got 20 of 28 laps in...so we feel good about finishing every race we ever entered. We had 80 gallons on board and were prepared to run 280 miles right out of the gate, but it was not to be. You can't win 'em all, but we wanted to!

The Canoe was airing it out the last part of the race, looked awesome.

The Little Bitch is going to finishing school in Florida, she hates looking at the back of a Japanese Joke(Yama ha ha ha ). The SleekYammy runs really good!

The Fugly Turtle is upside down getting a new bottom. Hope to run with the red boats!!!!!:boobeyes:

BigSteve

Reaction score
The Canoe was airing it out the last part of the race, looked awesome.

The Little Bitch is going to finishing school in Florida, she hates looking at the back of a Japanese Joke(Yama ha ha ha ). The SleekYammy runs really good!

The Fugly Turtle is upside down getting a new bottom. Hope to run with the red boats!!!!!:boobeyes:

Were flipping the Canoe over this weekend and tuning the hull a little more also :thumbup:

We fought the boat with the gearcase so low in the water and had to over trim the boat in the race,
the boat was dangerous to drive with a fucked up set up. Never again !

I am going to set the boat back to our Church performance standards 20% faster and leave it alone :finger

I will fly to the River and rip with the Church in Bully's 28 Nordic SS or Mikes 22 Daytona twin, in Havaslop and Powell insteed of towing 1200 miles only to be disappointed with stupid fucking rules

Good luck with the lil bitch motor it's a fire breather :skull

SKIA36

Reaction score
Were flipping the Canoe over this weekend and tuning the hull a little more also :thumbup:

We fought the boat with the gearcase so low in the water and had to over trim the boat in the race,
the boat was dangerous to drive with a fucked up set up. Never again !

I am going to set the boat back to our Church performance standards 20% faster and leave it alone :finger

I will fly to the River and rip with the Church in Bully's 28 Nordic SS or Mikes 22 Daytona twin, in Havaslop and Powell insteed of towing 1200 miles only to be disappointed with stupid fucking rules

Good luck with the lil bitch motor it's a fire breather :skull

That's sounds like you are through with the Enduro!(I hope not!) You guys and Wild Bill are too sharp to not find a way to overcome!

BigSteve

Reaction score
That's sounds like you are through with the Enduro!(I hope not!) You guys and Wild Bill are too sharp to not find a way to overcome!

Yes, Wild Bill is a very sharp!

We have had a lot of fun at the Parker Enduro, but were going foreward with our boating program not backwards :thumbup:

The Church crew spent more time at the Parker race, in Havasu designing the layout of a twin O/B 28 SS Nordic with Bully and the Outboard Church crew for a show winning look and the performance level to do well at setting a record at LOTO

I no longer wish to drive 1200 miles, spend money and drive a screwed up War Canoe :grumble:

We would rather tune our boats for max performance and rip the Delta, far more fun :champagne:

Our group will be at the Kilo's next week for more record setting opportunites

I love boating when the boat feels right and hate it when the set up is off. I will never put my motors where I don't like it again for anyone ever ! It was the most BORING boating I have ever done under last years rules we tried to get on the rules rewritten and have a good time boating in the 2015 race

No rule change, no War Canoe !

SKIA36

Reaction score
Yes, Wild Bill is a very sharp!

We have had a lot of fun at the Parker Enduro, but were going foreward with our boating program not backwards :thumbup:

The Church crew spent more time at the Parker race, in Havasu designing the layout of a twin O/B 28 SS Nordic with Bully and the Outboard Church crew for a show winning look and the performance level to do well at setting a record at LOTO

I no longer wish to drive 1200 miles, spend money and drive a screwed up War Canoe :grumble:

We would rather tune our boats for max performance and rip the Delta, far more fun :champagne:

Our group will be at the Kilo's next week for more record setting opportunites

I love boating when the boat feels right and hate it when the set up is off. I will never put my motors where I don't like it again for anyone ever ! It was the most BORING boating I have ever done under last years rules we tried to get on the rules rewritten and have a good time boating in the 2015 race

No rule change, no War Canoe !

Bummer

BigSteve

Reaction score

Not really !

We have other boats too !

I had asked GN -7 if he wanted to cruise around with the Church in our 22 Daytona in the 65 mph class and run the rally time

I was very happy to see he made the race, my personal highlight of the event

We love the people and the racing and have a great deal of fun for many good reasons

You can always count on us to support the race :thumbup:

The Church took two boats from its biggesr supporter

We may fight and argue on the boards and later hug and make up

But, fighting a boat at 100 is not a good idea, better to walk away

from those moments than push fate on the ragged edge with a poor set up !

The boat is very exciting to drive when it floats over rough water with the right set up

I do like some of the new rule changes :thumbup:

Its hard work and I thank all that worked on them :thumbup:

Your boat was kicking ass :skull

SKIA36

Reaction score
Not really !

We have other boats too !

I had asked GN -7 if he wanted to cruise around with the Church in our 22 Daytona in the 65 mph class and run the rally time

I was very happy to see he made the race, my personal highlight of the event

We love the people and the racing and have a great deal of fun for many good reasons

You can always count on us to support the race :thumbup:

The Church took two boats from its biggesr supporter

We may fight and argue on the boards and later huge and make up

But, fighting a boat at 100 is not a good idea, better to walk away

from those moments than push fate on the ragged edge with a poor set up !

The boat is very exciting to drive when it floats over rough water with the right set up

I do like some of the new rule changes :thumbup:

Its hard work and I thank all that worked on them :thumbup:

Your boat was kicking ass :skull

It will be better(faster) this year!

Are you sure you want to get lapped that many times in a race???? Racing a slug(green and yellow turtle) gets to you.

BigSteve

Reaction score

Are you sure you want to get lapped that many times in a race???? Racing a slug(green and yellow turtle) gets to you.

You should be proud of your hard work and driving skills

Its not about Ego, at the Church it's about the Truth in boating !

We give testament to those that really want to understand the reality of boating with today's EPA Green motor ! Its "Benefit's and Shortfalls"

The Lil Bitch motor is a runner

Attachments

• 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 186

BigSteve

Reaction score

It's that 34 boat you have to deal with :D

I would love to run the Stoker we put together for our crew cheif Wild Bill
at the races Stage 5 3.3 L Yama dog on shortened mid, it was very close with Lil Bitch motor
in a drag

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 162

BigSteve

Reaction score
I have a old girl friend that said she had a fast boat !

She didn't know what it was or what motor it had other than it was fast looking

I figure its a 100 mph craig list 1,500 POS jet boat at best so I never bothered to look

We have always been good friends and have lunch from time to time when she asked me to help her get the John Deere Tractor running

Holy Shit she has a fast boat its a Sanger Hydro with a Hilborn injected blown 392 Hemi

Fuck Me ! I told her I take you fastboat the War Canoe ! I should have been eating pussy now it taste like crow

Don't Fuck with Church women they might run you over !

SKIA36

Reaction score
I have a old girl friend that said she had a fast boat !

She didn't know what it was or what motor it had other than it was fast looking

I figure its a 100 mph craig list 1,500 POS jet boat at best so I never bothered to look

We have always been good friends and have lunch from time to time when she asked me to help her get the John Deere Tractor running

Holy Shit she has a fast boat its a Sanger Hydro with a Hilborn injected blown 392 Hemi

Fuck Me ! I told her I take you fastboat the War Canoe ! I should have been eating pussy now it taste like crow

Don't Fuck with Church women they might run you over !

Classic!

mlt

Reaction score
mmm.jpg vcx.jpg ffff.jpg lklkj.jpg Found a nice 2001 SST Stoker ....its on its way and should be here in a week , has a 225 rude....any prop suggestions....MLT

RCDave

Reaction score
Just picked up this 2003 Cougar 22MTR, less engine. Looking to re-power it with a new 300XS. Looking forward to my getting my first non-car motor boat on the water :D

Attachments

• MTR 47.jpg
    MTR 47.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 148