WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Pier to Pier Classic Inner Tube Race

Boatlife4

Reaction score
Saturday, May 18th The Long Beach Boat and Ski Club is proposing to host an inner tube race in Long Beach Harbor. Looking for a head count on who is interested in participating with a proposed $100 entry per team. The intended course would be from the Queen Mary to the Belmont Pier and back with a variety of classes offered. We value your input on making this happen and we are looking for sponsorship on all levels.

hallett21

Reaction score
Lol would there be a speed limit? I’ve always thought this or a knee board race would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatlife4

Reaction score
Lol would there be a speed limit? I’ve always thought this or a knee board race would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are still looking into the classes and speed limits. What do you think?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
We are still looking into the classes and speed limits. What do you think?
95 mph max for inner tubes!

What about a wakeboard race the same day and try to get some new people to cross over to skiing. Which brings a point, how far will the race be? Some kind of "fun" ski racing the same day on other than race skis might be good, maybe some sort of "spectator" class for people who show up and want to ski on a recreational ski or doubles or whatever. Disk race might be fun, although not fast, maybe a short obstacle course or something for them, see if Mary Maher has ideas.

Boatlife4

Reaction score
95 mph max for inner tubes!

What about a wakeboard race the same day and try to get some new people to cross over to skiing. Which brings a point, how far will the race be? Some kind of "fun" ski racing the same day on other than race skis might be good, maybe some sort of "spectator" class for people who show up and want to ski on a recreational ski or doubles or whatever. Disk race might be fun, although not fast, maybe a short obstacle course or something for them, see if Mary Maher has ideas.

Absolutely, bringing in the wake boarding and recreational skiing is what we have in mind. The course will go from the Queen Mary to Belmont Peir and back to the Queen Mary.