WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The RDP lifestyle...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
To me, that lifestyle was all about going to the river, doing some water skiing, breakfast at Road Runner, lunch at Badnochs, and an air mattress in my dome tent at Buckskin that would actually hold air all night!

The good life. :cool:

Needless to say, things have changed now that I'm a bit older.

What's the RDP lifestyle mean to you??

🤔

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
-and an air mattress in my dome tent at Buckskin that would actually hold air all night!

The good life. :cool:

Needless to say, things have changed now that I'm a bit older.

🤔
Ya don't need that dome tent. You're welcome to get our trailer outta EC storage and use it anytime.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Gas under 2 bucks a gallon, bolt-ons were for Females,not males that think they're females. Stand up skis,waterskiing behind a whacker or a big block that does over 45.
Stealing dad's beer mid day to enjoy at midnight:) Riding in the winter under the Sleeping Indian,exploring mines.Having a Road's End Cooler provided to you and your friends by a "Way Cool" 20 something that had your teenage interests at heart. Copper Canyon in the summertime, those days are gone forever RIP. Insert Brian Adams here-----> "Those were the best days of my life".

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
The RDP lifestyle to me is really just being around other like minded folk wherever you are on the water.

Jet boat or DCB, doesn't matter. We are all here for some good times, good drinks, and good looking women. Run what ya brung and respect others space and belongings.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Family, friends and water. Having a beer on the beach talking with people you've never met, like you're old friends. Beat up old jet boats alongside million dollar CC's...

I miss summer.

Not a CC but definitely a jet bote next to it🤣
20190602_155427.jpg

And just friends helping friends. Boat was a complete loss but we all know where that rock is now!!
20190809_203359.jpg

And this is RIVER LIFE!!
IMG_5011.jpg
20171118_145728.jpg
20171118_155109.jpg

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Going to take a different approach to this one. A community of like minded people, interested in the same things (boating, family, offload etc) which in times of need whether it be a stranger or close friend steps up to make things happen big or small. Met a lot of great people through RDP, some of whom have became very close friends.

Other than that..for the river itself....it doesn't matter whether you are running a million dollar rig, or a 2k jet boat...as long and you aren't running a fucking rental we're gonna be friends by day's end 🤣

caribbean20

Reaction score
Blasting around Mohave and up to the sandbar in our little 20.5’ jet, cooler packed, stereo blasting. Blowing up a motor every couple of years searching for that last 1 or 2 MPH. Those were the days, not a care in the world.

That was 25 years ago, about the time I discovered Hot Boat magazine on a rack at the airport in Montreal, Quebec. Still do the off-roading and boating, but it’s not the same in a 38’ Fountain.

cofooter

Reaction score
I don't associate RDP with a lifestyle, I'm not even sure what that means. Its just a cool website. I was living the River lifestyle way before RDP. To me it's the simpler things most of you are stating. Hanging out with friends and family, skiing, boating, the water and desert coming together, good times, etc. Have zero interest in trying to keep up with someone elses idea of a "lifestyle"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't associate RDP with a lifestyle, I'm not even sure what that means. Its just a cool website. I was living the River lifestyle way before RDP. To me it's the simpler things most of you are stating. Hanging out with friends and family, skiing, boating, the water and desert coming together, good times, etc. Have zero interest in trying to keep up with someone elses idea of a "lifestyle"

Bingo

wallnutz

Reaction score
This!!! Simpler times in the past, and I'm trying to bring them back. I have never been a " keep up with the Jones" kind of guy. My shit is the coolest to the only guy it matters to, ME.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Going to take a different approach to this one. A community of like minded people, interested in the same things (boating, family, offload etc) which in times of need whether it be a stranger or close friend steps up to make things happen big or small. Met a lot of great people through RDP, some of whom have became very close friends.

Other than that..for the river itself....it doesn't matter whether you are running a million dollar rig, or a 2k jet boat...as long and you aren't running a fucking rental we're gonna be friends by day's end 🤣

I don’t even care if it’s a rental.. so long as the people are cool. I have never much cared what kinda boats people have.

I will say jet boaters can be a different breed sometimes though. Lol

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Just running my boat on the water. Knowing enough about it to fix it on the water. Stopping for others to lend a hand. Tent camping on a nice beach. Exploring coves you've never seen before. Pulling kids on tubes my wife on a slalom. Having a beer wife family and friends. Watching the sun go down and enjoying a nice camp fire.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Hamed told me 300k is poverty in California.. and we don’t hang out with no poor people.. lol.
Ha Ha. I don't make no where near 300K and live in the 3rd nicest cities to live in the OC. :cool:

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score
I don’t even care if it’s a rental.. so long as the people are cool. I have never much cared what kinda boats people have.

I feel the same way about the people being the key in the equation. Besides, some of us have been known to travel to Havasu and rent while we are there.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Always leaving camp and going up river because you never know if the boat will keep running... Having a blown up engine in the boat but still making a trip once a month to drink and boat with friends. I have done it all and enjoyed every minute of it from sleeping in an inflatable boat at 6 years old to tenting it as a 20 something and now being a drunk with more friends than ever at 46. Meeting some of the best friends and genuinely good people in Parker. My river trips are the only weekends that I don't work... RDP has introduced me to a bunch of great people! Doesn't matter if you have a multimillion waterfront house or a tent no one seems to care in Parker... (I know Joe Parker is closed!)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

It was a joke (and I know you are giving me a hard time lol)...ill hang out with anyone..whether they bring a lawn chair or a dcb lol 😅 If you're cool im cool with you. I did rent a wet monkey rental once a few years ago when I was between boats. Ran to pirates... squeezed in between two high dollar boats.. both guys jumped off "in case" which wasn't needed... We're all instagram/snap friends to this day and they are people that come over to the house in havasu.. It was funny because they were like "you nailed it"after they panicked...yea im not a noob lol. I've met very few people on the river whom I don't consider to be good people...from every walk of life..if you are cool to me ill give you the shirt off my back, and if you want.. you have a ride on the boat all day long.

One of my favorite memories of last year was meeting up with a bunch of jet boats randomly at Pirates. I had a good spot and moved around so they could all fit in to the pocket I had..our only connection? Nikki Bostick was all of our insurance agent.and her husband had built several of their motors lol. Brianna is dead set on a jet boat since..2 seats only no kids, obnoxious sound etc...im going to oblige this request from my wife ASAP as she is more than understanding of my havasu habit lol. Still looking for the right one but that my next project.

IMG_278417C0328A-1.jpeg

IMG_965903E0F961-1.jpeg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

cofooter

Reaction score
I don't know, I'm the idiot who bought the boat and stays sober all day long captaining my drunken friends and family around so that they can experience the RDP lifestyle; I'll have to ask them and circle back...
River needs sober captains, too. The more the better. I feel the same way hauling around my crew, ain't no fun if someone gets hurt! Cheers to you, you can catch up later!

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I boated for years before my RDP boating life started, I explain to people it’s a community of like minded people from all walks of life with a common interest boating.

Some of the my favorite people in my life I’ve met here on RDP.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I dunno about rdp lifestyle but if ya want to know about life of rd.. this is the type of shit I spend my nights doing in my older years.. lol

Then Trying to figure out why it doesn’t look as good as the picture.. 🤨

Getting Sierra’s new shoes ready for school tomorrow. Shit will drive ya to drink.. 😍
2CDD7F01-04CB-402B-80CB-B8D6E85FC49A.png
image.jpg

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I don't associate any lifestyle with RiverDavesPlace, but here's a list of what comes to mind.

OP6
Recreational drinkers with a few alcoholics mixed in 🍺 :)
Schiada's
Havasu Channel
Ski racing
LA Boat Show
Pontoon Boats
Cool Shirts
Dave
Good Friends
SxS

DSC02060a.jpg