WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The RDP lifestyle...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I dunno about rdp lifestyle but if ya want to know about life of rd.. this is the type of shit I spend my nights doing in my older years.. lol

Then Trying to figure out why it doesn’t look as good as the picture.. 🤨

Getting Sierra’s new shoes ready for school tomorrow. Shit will drive ya to drink.. 😍
View attachment 1080329 View attachment 1080330
Sierra will never forget you always tried.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I dunno about rdp lifestyle but if ya want to know about life of rd.. this is the type of shit I spend my nights doing in my older years.. lol

Then Trying to figure out why it doesn’t look as good as the picture.. 🤨

Getting Sierra’s new shoes ready for school tomorrow. Shit will drive ya to drink.. 😍
View attachment 1080329 View attachment 1080330

That's the dad lifestyle right there. 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sierra will never forget you always tried.

Switched patterns.. adapt and overcome. She’s putting them on now to goto school.

E85FCBF7-2511-4380-968B-986510628BA6.jpeg
E8659BA9-EFBB-484C-ACF4-98EFA82DA746.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
RDP Lifestyle
- boating with family and friends
- assholes online, but good folks in person :)

So you still talk to milkmoney eh? I think he broke up with me.

:(🙄:p😁

Seems like most everyone gets the family, friends, boating, drinks, sunsets and laughs lifestyle. If you don't, why not?? And get with the fucking program!!!

🎉🥳🍻🍸

IMAG5378.jpg
IMAG5379.jpg
IMAG5380.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Duramax

Reaction score
I grew up in Wisconsin, and it was boating all summer (16' Glastron) and snowmobile all winter. When we moved to AZ, I was lucky some years later to grab my dads old Glastron back and get back to the lakes in AZ. My next boat was an Mirage Jaguar with big 2.5 Merc, and I had the absolute best years with that thing. Almost every damn weekend and times were amazing.
Then I decided to step up to an HTM, then a Spectre, and finally a 40' Skater. You know what that taught me, it isn't the boat, it is you and your people. The Skater then ruined it for me and I left the water for almost 13 years.... We had our first daughter in 2017, and last year we got back on the water, with the most fun type of boat I ever had, a small outboard tunnel. This last year and half has brought back all the great times. Just sitting on the swim step watching my daughter in the water is the best. I am not keeping up with anyone anymore, and it is the best thing I have ever done.

spectras only

Reaction score
Go-Karting in real fast ones amongst other fast things. Took driving lessons with this guy.🤣

While I spend most of my time at the track where I met a lot of friends, I miss the old days of boating, water skiing with boating friends.
We used to have the weekends at the Okanagan lake of chain, Osoyoos, Skaha [ where I live now ] and Okanagan lakes. Jet boats, V-drives, OB's all used to line the beaches like it's in the Channel in Havi. You don't see that anymore here, all roll bar boats only with a rare occasion, seeing a real hotrod. :(

Last edited:

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I grew up in Wisconsin, and it was boating all summer (16' Glastron) and snowmobile all winter. When we moved to AZ, I was lucky some years later to grab my dads old Glastron back and get back to the lakes in AZ. My next boat was an Mirage Jaguar with big 2.5 Merc, and I had the absolute best years with that thing. Almost every damn weekend and times were amazing.
Then I decided to step up to an HTM, then a Spectre, and finally a 40' Skater. You know what that taught me, it isn't the boat, it is you and your people. The Skater then ruined it for me and I left the water for almost 13 years.... We had our first daughter in 2017, and last year we got back on the water, with the most fun type of boat I ever had, a small outboard tunnel. This last year and half has brought back all the great times. Just sitting on the swim step watching my daughter in the water is the best. I am not keeping up with anyone anymore, and it is the best thing I have ever done.

How does a 40' Skater ruin the boating experience out of curiosity?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
expensive to run then add maintenance, limited lakes, takes a crew to run it, the list goes on.
Makes sense. Its a dream boat for many so i was curious what the downsides are. I always wanted a Skater! Good info.

Duramax

Reaction score
How does a 40' Skater ruin the boating experience out of curiosity?
A couple things.....well, more than a couple. Looking back, I got the HTM right when Desert Storm was taking off, and that really did it for me. The first year I ran DS we were surrounded by madness, 36 Nortechs, Skaters, MTI, I was in awe, absolutely amazed. The next boat was a 36 Spectre, which really was a fabulous boat. Ate up water well, had natural 650's - Bravos XR's, built in cooler, nice stereo, etc, and ran 115. It was in great shape, almost new, and I really made a mistake trading it in for the Skater. But now I was getting into a true tunnel boat that porpoises at a nice cruise range, so you were either going slow or 80+. I could still put gas in at the gas station and go.
The Skater changed all that. Oversize load, 45 min at the launch to put on props, AV gas at the airport (if I could find an airport), popping the hatches to check for leaks at the dock, etc. EVERY used Skater is full of water, and EVERY supercharged motor needs a rebuild, so, down the rabbit hole you go. It took all of the fun right out of it, along with my money..=) It's cool to go through the channel and be the man, it's fun to run to the Springs at 150+, everything else about it isn't. Of course, that is my opinion, and what I went through. It didn't help that the Skater I got was a pile of shit either, haha. There was a part of me that liked the production of it, but also a part of me that was over it, and just wanted my Mirage back.

I would say a 36 or 38 Skater with 700's or 1100 Merc is the ticket, but even then it can go wrong, not saying it can't go wrong with anything else, but you have less of a chance.

Listen, I am glad I did it (and very lucky), glad I ran in group A in Desert Storm, glad I ran huge numbers with Predator, but my little Daytona makes me happy as a clam. =)

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
A couple things.....well, more than a couple. Looking back, I got the HTM right when Desert Storm was taking off, and that really did it for me. The first year I ran DS we were surrounded by madness, 36 Nortechs, Skaters, MTI, I was in awe, absolutely amazed. The next boat was a 36 Spectre, which really was a fabulous boat. Ate up water well, had natural 650's - Bravos XR's, built in cooler, nice stereo, etc, and ran 115. It was in great shape, almost new, and I really made a mistake trading it in for the Skater. But now I was getting into a true tunnel boat that porpoises at a nice cruise range, so you were either going slow or 80+. I could still put gas in at the gas station and go.
The Skater changed all that. Oversize load, 45 min at the launch to put on props, AV gas at the airport (if I could find an airport), popping the hatches to check for leaks at the dock, etc. EVERY used Skater is full of water, and EVERY supercharged motor needs a rebuild, so, down the rabbit hole you go. It took all of the fun right out of it, along with my money..=) It's cool to go through the channel and be the man, it's fun to run to the Springs at 150+, everything else about it isn't. Of course, that is my opinion, and what I went through. It didn't help that the Skater I got was a pile of shit either, haha. There was a part of me that liked the production of it, but also a part of me that was over it, and just wanted my Mirage back.

I would say a 36 or 38 Skater with 700's or 1100 Merc is the ticket, but even then it can go wrong, not saying it can't go wrong with anything else, but you have less of a chance.

Listen, I am glad I did it (and very lucky), glad I ran in group A in Desert Storm, glad I ran huge numbers with Predator, but my little Daytona makes me happy as a clam. =)
Thanks for honest feedback! I have always dreamed of getting out of the little 25 daytona and stepping up to a big boy one day when i am a bit older. The description above are the things I never would have thought about and are great insight.

Duramax

Reaction score
Thanks for honest feedback! I have always dreamed of getting out of the little 25 daytona and stepping up to a big boy one day when i am a bit older. The description above are the things I never would have thought about and are great insight.

Maybe your experience would be different, so don't do it because mine was bad. There was a post on RDP with a guy who wanted to buy that huge Nordic V bottom with 1250 GT motors. It had sat for awhile and he was hot on it even though he had a 34 Eliminator that was a perfect boat. I was screaming at the monitor, "dont do it!" lol, because I know what happens. Sure enough, I think I saw a post he was looking for an engine guy because he had lifter noise....and down he goes.

At the same time, you can't live your life like that and be afraid. He did it and I am glad he did, because you get to experience this monster, and you will remember it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe your experience would be different, so don't do it because mine was bad. There was a post on RDP with a guy who wanted to buy that huge Nordic V bottom with 1250 GT motors. It had sat for awhile and he was hot on it even though he had a 34 Eliminator that was a perfect boat. I was screaming at the monitor, "dont do it!" lol, because I know what happens. Sure enough, I think I saw a post he was looking for an engine guy because he had lifter noise....and down he goes.

At the same time, you can't live your life like that and be afraid. He did it and I am glad he did, because you get to experience this monster, and you will remember it.

The only one I’m thinking of the guy bought the big eliminator with gt motors.. and I think he had a nordic before that? (Backwards). @Wizard29

Singleton

Reaction score

i still remember the rebuild you did on the Skater. but liked the Spectre better. Brings back RRX days :)

Duramax

Reaction score
i still remember the rebuild you did on the Skater. but liked the Spectre better. Brings back RRX days :)
Me too! The Spectre was great. If I was smart, I would have just rebuilt the 650's with some 871's and beefed up the XR's.

Man., that RRX fun run we did is was like 125 in Havasu!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Me too! The Spectre was great. If I was smart, I would have just rebuilt the 650's with some 871's and beefed up the XR's.

Man., that RRX fun run we did is was like 125 in Havasu!!

and the water was down. I remember you and Mike Y having a hell of a time launching

clarence

Reaction score

Bookmarked.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
To me, that lifestyle was all about going to the river, doing some water skiing, breakfast at Road Runner, lunch at Badnochs, and an air mattress in my dome tent at Buckskin that would actually hold air all night!

The good life. :cool:

Needless to say, things have changed now that I'm a bit older.

What's the RDP lifestyle mean to you??

🤔
That’s what we use to call “The River Life”.

I remember when I was a kid back in the 80’s sleeping in a tent in Parker with a wet towel draped over you so you wouldn’t die, lol. Waking up to the roar of Jet Boats at day break. Good Times & Great Memories with Friends!!!

The River Life is still about chilling with family and friends. If you need a $300K boat to have a good time yore doing it all wrong!!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
You know whats not the life....floating down river, hatch up, wife waiving orange flag....and not one fkn boat stopping to see if everything is ok until finally a good dude with his family first trip to Havasu in their new Bayliner stopped and gave us a tow to the nearest beach so I can fix said problem...

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
You know whats not the life....floating down river, hatch up, wife waiving orange flag....and not one fkn boat stopping to see if everything is ok until finally a good dude with his family first trip to Havasu in their new Bayliner stopped and gave us a tow to the nearest beach so I can fix said problem...
I hear that story a lot. But it hasn't been my experience. I've had the hatch up just tinkering on little things that I don't want to miss time on the water for and every damn time someone comes over. Hard to get mad about for sure.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
To me, that lifestyle was all about going to the river, doing some water skiing, breakfast at Road Runner, lunch at Badnochs, and an air mattress in my dome tent at Buckskin that would actually hold air all night!

The good life. :cool:

Needless to say, things have changed now that I'm a bit older.

What's the RDP lifestyle mean to you??

🤔
Recommending props you haven't tried to people you dont know...