WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The REAL HOTBOAT.COM news. You heard it hear first.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense, though. What about the people who buy it off the rack? It's all complete bs. I used to buy it off the rack about every other month. Usually when someone I knew (from the forums) was in it. I will never buy one again.

Ratso

Reaction score
Why do people think HB owes them something? You (not neccesarily CT) went on there spammed you businesses, made money from the people there, used up their bandwidth for free, then think they did you worng by shutting it down and wanting the site to be boating related. Then there are rumors of changes, and you all get mad. HB probably figured out that they were upside down in the cost of the website. OSO did the same thing a few years ago. I'm not condoning HB's actions, just wondering why everyone feels that HB fuck everyone?

I believe it's more about the "way" they handled it. If they gave warning, said the only way they could afford to keep the forums going is to charge members a few bucks a month and explain why, I'd do it. I liked going there. As far as a subscription, I don't get one. That's not the types of boats in my area... I'm not interested. As far as the people on the site though, yes, I thoroughly enjoyed that. As far as the site being "boating related"... there are plenty of forums there for boating related stuff... and those forums are dead pretty much.

Joker

Reaction score
Any way to get my old post count from HB? Shoot, I almost had a thousand. Now look at me.:hotdevil

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Don't worry Ratso, I'll still be your friend. :beer

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Why do people think HB owes them something? You (not neccesarily CT) went on there spammed you businesses, made money from the people there, used up their bandwidth for free, then think they did you worng by shutting it down and wanting the site to be boating related. Then there are rumors of changes, and you all get mad. HB probably figured out that they were upside down in the cost of the website. OSO did the same thing a few years ago. I'm not condoning HB's actions, just wondering why everyone feels that HB fuck everyone?

I hear ya. I don't personally understand the animosity.

I don't agree with the masses and won't speak poorly of HB. It was a good time waster and I met some great friends.

I donated more $$ to good causes or sponsored events in the boating community and made no where near that $$ back. I did it because I care about the community and wanted events to be succesful.:beer

I do have some stored photos off a camera that shit the bit and some friends phone numbers that I will end up with sooner or later anyways.

Shall see what happens when it comes back up:)

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

I don't agree with the masses and won't speak poorly of HB. It was a good time waster and I met some great friends.

I donated more $$ to good causes or sponsored events in the boating community and made no where near that $$ back. I did it because I care about the community and wanted events to be succesful.:beer

I do have some stored photos off a camera that shit the bit and some friends phone numbers that I will end up with sooner or later anyways.

Agreed...we met some really great friends directly because of HB....I hope it comes back up and is better than ever.....but I do love RD's place...:beer

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score

I agree with you on this. The only thing I have negative to say about HB is how they went about doing what they did. I met alot of good people and donated to some great casues as well.

1bdhondo

LL has computer courage
Reaction score
Good by and FKUC YOU to HB. I will not be reading the magazine anymore.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
My only complaints are. They banned trouble makers first. Which im not. If you know me. Then they just shut it down. Thanks fo a polite goodbye untill the new year. Good looking out for your loyal fans, family, and friends hb.com

Queen Colleen

Reaction score
I say screw HB you all are doing the same thing here and you can write what ever the eff you want to!:skull na mean

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
My only complaints are. They banned trouble makers first. Which im not. If you know me. Then they just shut it down. Thanks fo a polite goodbye untill the new year. Good looking out for your loyal fans, family, and friends hb.com

I think you were banned because of your massive bumping of your work thread. :)

Sleeper CP

Reaction score
I believe it's more about the "way" they handled it. If they gave warning, said the only way they could afford to keep the forums going is to charge members a few bucks a month and explain why, I'd do it. I liked going there. As far as a subscription, I don't get one. That's not the types of boats in my area... I'm not interested. As far as the people on the site though, yes, I thoroughly enjoyed that. As far as the site being "boating related"... there are plenty of forums there for boating related stuff... and those forums are dead pretty much.

Got to agree with this. It was the way they did it. And I think most that posted there would consider paying some small fee. The entertainment factor was worth a few buck's a year with out a doubt.

I hope this site gets the personality that was over there, it was just a fun place to hang out and kill time, but you could learn a few things at the same time.

A year end notice from them on maintenance would not have been a bad thing would it?

:HM Did RD see this coming two months ago ?

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

R

Retired Member

I say screw HB you all are doing the same thing here and you can write what ever the eff you want to!:skull na mean

I wouldn't go that far. This is not a corporate site, but RD (along with others?), who is paying for this out of pocket, would like to keep it the site more along the lines of boating / river activities and less of what HB was over the past year.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
I think you were banned because of your massive bumping of your work thread. :)

It made me money.:D
I found out that I was banned because I had my real business in my signature line. And the new owner thought that i should be payn for that. :swear

PVHCA

Reaction score
HB went about this the totally wrong way, as a business owner you have to consider all the ramifications of your actions and poor decisions. As I stated in another blog a poll could have been conducted to see who would be interested in paying a monthly fee or something of that nature, but to just stop everything and upset so many people is a bad business decision. I wonder if the new owners used their own money to purchase this business or are just running this for someone with deep pockets.

Miss Perfect

Reaction score
It made me money.:D
I found out that I was banned because I had my real business in my signature line. And the new owner thought that i should be payn for that. :swear

Wow, I don't know who the new owner of Hotboat is but he sounds like he would suck a dick if he thought he could make 2 bucks doing it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. This is not a corporate site, but RD (along with others?), who is paying for this out of pocket, would like to keep it the site more along the lines of boating / river activities and less of what HB was over the past year.

Indeed and in knowing how much a site like this costs to run (not very much) it completely baffles me as to why they would charge someone to take part in it?

RD

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
This just in.

Hotboat.com will be back up. But.... If you do not recieve the magazine. You can not use or view the forums. The forums are for magazine customers only. There will be an uncensored section that will cost an additional $10 a month.

The reason for shuting down the site was that, are you ready for this. It was out of control.

I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I'm calling BS on this one! I spoke to Hot Boat yesterday, and that's not at all what I heard.

RTJas :D

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but I'm calling BS on this one! I spoke to Hot Boat yesterday, and that's not at all what I heard.

I just traded emails with the new editor. That's right, I did.

I was told, that the forums will be free for subscibers only, or non subscribers would have to pay to use the forum. So there. :point

The site will be down for a week to work on it. All ya have to do is ask the right people..... :hmm And she was very polite, too. :D

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score

I was told, that the forums will be free for subscibers only, or non subscribers would have to pay to use the forum. So there. :point

The site will be down for a week to work on it. All ya have to do is ask the right people..... :hmm And she was very polite, too. :D

Well there you go! I stand corrected.......and we'll see how long it lasts that way.....

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I haven't read this whole thing, so excuuuuuse me if this has been broached prior, but.....GET A SPELL CHECKER FOR THE MAGAZINE!!!:smackhead:smackhead

Sorry. Continue!

Eazykiller

Laurie
Reaction score
heck this is what i get now... 08:confused:
hb_cover-logo.jpg

Topless

Reaction score
Yeah like we really want to pay to be told to kiss off??? Like HM said, they banned us, it's not like we had a choice in the matter much less a warning. Now they want us to pay for it???? Real smart HB.:smackhead

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Hi Riverdave, great site looking forward to the next step "The magazine"
;)

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
Yeah like we really want to pay to be told to kiss off??? Like HM said, they banned us, it's not like we had a choice in the matter much less a warning. Now they want us to pay for it???? Real smart HB.:smackhead

I are a gooder bisnuss man than those gies. Efen I know knot too piss off yur base customers.:smackhead

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

Ask her to post some naked pics of herself over here....:D:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hi Riverdave, great site looking forward to the next step "The magazine"
;)

I'm a realist... LOL I don't have the time, energy, $$$ , resources to start a mag, so I'll show support for the guys that have supported us, in their new magazine. Performance Boats.

RD