WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Refuge

Kjp

Reaction score
New course name should be the Mangy Coyote instead of Iron Wolf, that fits the locale better lol

DWC

Reaction score
Funny you said that. In the winter in Havasu Snow bird crowd can slow all the golf down. It drives me crazy to see these birds playing from wrong tee boxes and sitting out 270 yards waiting for the green to clear.
Fastest round I’ve ever seen was a group of “Snow Bird” gentlemen at Los Serranos. We were 2nd out and begged the starter to let us go first. Those guys went out in individual carts and we never saw them after the 3rd hole. They played complete ready golf. Very impressive.
Most issues would be resolved if course Marshalls did more than look for balls, people played ready golf and understood how much time to spend over a birdie putt vs a snowman.
I had a guy that worked for me that used to take 4-5 practice swings, top it and take 4-5 swings to see what he did wrong. Walk up 20 yards and repeat. After a few rounds he never got invited back.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
New course name should be the Mangy Coyote instead of Iron Wolf, that fits the locale better lol
I think they're all gone now.
This was one in the refuge
Security at the guard shack kept feeding them dog food
They were just prolonging it's agony

image0000001-4-jpg.951155

dspracing

Reaction score
Just my .02, if one bought a home there with the premise of having a manicured course in your backyard, one can probably afford the increase.
Agreed but in my case I bought a lot with no view and no intent to golf and can’t afford the increase.

Kjp

Reaction score
Funny you said that. In the winter in Havasu Snow bird crowd can slow all the golf down. It drives me crazy to see these birds playing from wrong tee boxes and sitting out 270 yards waiting for the green to clear.
sitting out 270 and waiting knowing full well they cannot hit the ball that far....

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Totally agree. I’ve no problem with seniors hitting from the Ladies Tees. That can speed up play. But then waiting to hit their 2nd shot when they’re 250+ from the green is plain crazy.

Kjp

Reaction score
Totally agree. I’ve no problem with seniors hitting from the Ladies Tees. That can speed up play. But then waiting to hit their 2nd shot when they’re 250+ from the green is plain crazy.
I have always been an advocate of play the tees on a course that suit your playing level. If you drive the ball like a pro, play the tips. Drive it under 200, play the tee boxes accordingly so your second shot is a manageable 100 to 160 to hit the GIR a decent percentage of the time .

TCHB

Reaction score
Yes I had a very good pro tell me if you can not hit the green on your second shot you are on the wrong Tees.

Reactions: DWC

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Ah, no longer are they "Ladies Tees." Now they are often just the forward tees. You will see increasingly more often the red tee markers are gone, and replaced with golden ones. For those folks in their golden years who have lost some of the heat off their drives. Makes sense and speeds up play.

Eyota - Waya

Reaction score
We are hopeful to have the club house open this summer and the course by end of year

A lot of hard work and. TLC. Is taking place

we can already see major improvements taking place

The wolf is coming

DWC

Reaction score
We are hopeful to have the club house open this summer and the course by end of year

A lot of hard work and. TLC. Is taking place

we can already see major improvements taking place

The wolf is coming
It’s great to hear progress is being made. Looks like you’ve got some of the fairways/greens back in decent shape.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Is there any news on the Refuge? When will the golf course be open.
There was an HOA meeting last week and rumor has it the restaurant will be open in a few months and the GC at the end of this year or early 2023.

DWC

Reaction score
There was an HOA meeting last week and rumor has it the restaurant will be open in a few months and the GC at the end of this year or early 2023.
How did you play today?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is the restaurant open? I saw someone on FB got married there, looks like the reception was in the tent? When we left the restaurant was pretty tore up from construction.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Is the restaurant open? I saw someone on FB got married there, looks like the reception was in the tent? When we left the restaurant was pretty tore up from construction.
Pretty sure it is not. Probably brought in catering?

dspracing

Reaction score
If they are doing work on the golf course, I sure can’t see it. Only looking worse each time I pass by.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
They've been doing a lot of work especially tree trimming and clearing out the over growth.
To bring this course back to shape considering the condition it was in is going to take a lot and now the summer heat is kicking in.
Not sure what they're doing at the middle pond but it almost looks like a beach area now.
Kudos to the new owner for taking on such a big task. It will still take some time
download (2).png
download (3).png

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
They've been doing a lot of work especially tree trimming and clearing out the over growth.
To bring this course back to shape considering the condition it was in is going to take a lot and now the summer heat is kicking in.
Not sure what they're doing at the middle pond but it almost looks like a beach area now.
Kudos to the new owner for taking on such a big task. It will still take some time
View attachment 1118481 View attachment 1118482
Love to hear they’re into the details. The maintenance just off the rough was non-existent. The amount of dead brush just in the area across from the pond was staggering. It was years of neglect. They needed one less guy standing in the pro shop and one more guy with a truck/chainsaw roaming the course.
D80AB790-EE27-4CF0-BBDD-F0A33A0F6EBE.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They put a ton of effort into the new bunkers on 10, brought in The same white sand used at Augusta national. Looked real nice but why just do that when the rest of the course was completely falling apart, seemed odd that they did that before so much more basic stuff needed to be done.

Is the hole in the restaurant wall still opened up?

MooreMoney

Reaction score
If they are doing work on the golf course, I sure can’t see it. Only looking worse each time I pass by.
We have a house on home 1 and he’s cleaned it up really nice. He’s dumping water on the course and it’s starting to come back. When he took over it looked unrepairable. The wolf is coming…

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
Yeah, They have had crews in there clearing dead brush and trees for Weekes and have been watering regularly. I see a large improvement already, it was in rough shape so it's gonna take alot of work. I love it in there, im not a golfer but it's nice as a view whens it's dialed in. I can't wait for the Restaurant to re open. I've heard they are giving it a major overhaul and have had delays due to deeper found issues as they tore into the remodel. I'm ready to enjoy some Cocktails in the Clubhouse pool again! Can't beat that view...

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Interesting article in this Morning’s New York Times on golf course evolution / conversion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/24/...ent-housing.html?referringSource=articleShare

SQUARE FEET

Amid a Housing Crunch, Homes Pop Up on the Fairway​

With large expanses of grass and trees, former golf courses are being reconsidered for housing, but developers face challenges, including community resistance.
By Keith Schneider
  • May 24, 2022, 9:00 a.m. ET
SAN TAN VALLEY, Ariz. — Buffeted by rising costs and declining interest from golfers, the Links at Queen Creek course closed two years ago after 26 years of operation. But with the demand for housing in Arizona soaring, Walt Brown Jr. saw a different fate for the 106-acre parcel of grass and palm trees southeast of Phoenix.
Mr. Brown, the chief executive of Diversified Partners, a developer in Scottsdale, Ariz., bought the property this year for $16.8 million. His new project, the Ironwood Springs Ranch, will include 172 homes on nearly 49 acres.
Across the country, developers like Mr. Brown see potential for construction on struggling golf courses. Large expanses of grass and trees sewn into the fabric of prosperous communities look like open space ripe for development. When it comes to golf courses, though, looks can be deceiving, and developers have learned to be cautious.
“You have a great piece of real estate,” said Jonathan S. Grebow, founder and chief executive of Ridgewood Real Estate Partners, a New Jersey firm that specializes in golf course redevelopment. “But after closing, it can take three, four, five years to start construction.”

The two biggest challenges are strict zoning regulations and community resistance, experts say.
Mr. Brown received county approval for his project, which will include stores, restaurants and a hotel on more than 30 acres, as well as walking trails that wind around two small lakes and through a seven-acre public park.
“We were able to work through the zoning,” he said. “After we showed residents the totality of our project, the trails and the park, neighbors were really cooperative.”
For residential developers, the opportunities are numerous: From 1986 to 2006, 4,400 new courses were built around the country, according to the National Golf Foundation, an industry research group. But since then, more than 1,000 have closed. Many others have gone on the market as revenues decline and operational expenses climb, including the high cost of water for irrigation.
Daily business updates The latest coverage of business, markets and the economy, sent by email each weekday.

That is especially true in Arizona, where every day in the summer, golf courses consume three to five acre-feet of water. (An acre-foot is the amount of water needed to cover one acre of land one foot deep, or nearly 326,000 gallons, and can cost $1,000, depending on the water source.) The state’s 302 courses use 119,000 acre-feet, or nearly four billion gallons, of water per year, according to the Arizona Department of Water Resources.

Water and other costs were an issue in the conversion of the Rancho Vistoso Golf Club, north of Tucson, into a 202-acre natural preserve. Preserve Vistoso, a community group, collaborated with the Conservation Fund, a national environmental group, to raise $1.8 million to acquire the course this year and donate it to the Town of Oro Valley.
South of downtown Phoenix, Tri Pointe Homes paid $22.6 million for the 144-acre Vistal Golf Club, which closed in 2015 after nearly 50 years of operation. Swept up in Arizona’s strong market for new housing, the plans to convert the former fairway into a multifamily development called Avance, with 394 homes, a community pool and a health center, are nearing completion.

Many golf courses are on the market as operational expenses climb, including the high cost of water for irrigation.Credit...Adriana Zehbrauskas for The New York Times
Ridgewood, the New Jersey developer, has collaborated with Concert Golf Partners of Florida to redevelop exclusive private golf clubs in Pennsylvania and Florida. Concert Golf buys the clubs, then renovates and takes over operations of clubhouses and recreational assets. Ridgewood buys land on the closed courses for home construction.

An example of their partnership is the Fountains Country Club in Palm Beach County, Fla. A gated community that opened in 1970, the Fountains had 1,700 residences and three courses, one of which closed. In 2018, members sold their fading clubhouse and the three courses to Concert Golf for $13 million.

Concert Golf started renovating the clubhouse and other facilities, and Ridgewood bought land on the long-closed 150-acre North Course, where construction on 318 apartments and 270 townhomes has started.
The companies are teaming up on a similar project to renovate the clubhouse and build homes on 61 acres of the closed South Course at the Philmont Country Club in Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
“It’s a strong model for helping clubs stay in business,” said Peter Nanula, chief executive of Concert Golf. “Club members who are volunteers can’t do this work by themselves.”
In overhauling the country clubs, Ridgewood and Concert Golf were able to solve a major impediment to redeveloping old and troubled courses: redesigning and installing water supply and drainage infrastructure.
“Water systems used for a golf course are much different than what is needed for new homes and businesses,” said Brent Billingsley, community development director for Pinal County, Ariz. “The cost to make the change is significant.”
But a bigger challenge was public opposition. Fierce fights have erupted in Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Nevada, typically involving homeowners battling to keep courses operating to preserve their home values, neighbors objecting to more traffic or communities blocking zoning changes to prevent new homes or to preserve the course as public open space.
In Phoenix, the owner of Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course closed the course in 2013 after struggling with escalating costs for water and other operational expenses and left fairways, greens and lakes in disrepair. Neighbors objected to several buyers and their plans for new housing and sued to reopen Ahwatukee for golf.
In 2018 and 2019, two Arizona courts ruled in favor of the plaintiffs and set a September 2022 deadline for the original owner to restore the course and fully resume its original purpose. (One court found the site had been closed in violation of a covenant.) Nine holes have already been restored.
In another example nearly five years ago, Ridgewood Partners paid $13 million for the 108-acre Elmwood Country Club in Greenburgh, N.Y. According to the town’s zoning rules, Ridgewood had the authority to build 119 single-family homes on the parcel. Mr. Grebow, the chief executive, proposed a zoning change to allow 175 townhomes on a portion of the site and devote the rest to open space, including making eight acres available for a public park.
The Greenburgh Conservation Advisory Council opposed the idea because it would increase housing density in an area zoned for single-family homes. Mr. Grebow countered with a proposal to reduce the number of townhomes to 159, but the Town Board rejected the zoning change last month and recommended a plan for 113 homes and the park.
“We believe our proposal was the best use of the land,” said Mr. Grebow, who is proceeding and will develop 113 units. “But the community felt that the increase in density didn’t outweigh the benefits.”

Mr. Brown, the Arizona developer, also knows the frustration of community resistance. In 2020, he paid $4.5 million for the Calumet Country Club in Homewood, Ill., a Chicago suburb, with plans to convert the 121-year-old course, which lies near Interstates 80 and 294, into a logistics center for warehousing and fulfillment.
But the idea attracted formidable opposition from Homewood residents who objected to an expected increase in truck traffic. They want the course to be converted into a public park.
“It is an unneeded development in an over-industrialized part of Chicago where we have very little green space,” said Liz Varmecky, founder of South Suburbs for Greenspace, a community group.
In 2020, residents persuaded the Village Board to turn down Mr. Brown’s application for a zoning change. Since then, he has kept the course open. After suing to have the country club site de-annexed from Homewood, Mr. Brown submitted a different development plan for the 128-acre course to the Cook County Board of Commissioners.
The new proposal calls for renovating the clubhouse, adding industrial space for a construction trades training center, building a retail center with restaurants and a hotel, and developing 30 acres of open space with walking trails.
“We’ve made a lot of progress,” said Mr. Brown, who anticipates county approval this year.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Based on what it was bought for, and what some of the bitchin view lots are selling for in Havasu the guy could make a fortune. The views from some of the fairways are spectacular, with similar view lots selling for close to a million like in the Riviera. Zoning would have to changed but its been done elsewhere in the country.
Interesting article in this Morning’s New York Times on golf course evolution / conversion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/24/...ent-housing.html?referringSource=articleShare

SQUARE FEET

Amid a Housing Crunch, Homes Pop Up on the Fairway​

With large expanses of grass and trees, former golf courses are being reconsidered for housing, but developers face challenges, including community resistance.
By Keith Schneider
  • May 24, 2022, 9:00 a.m. ET
SAN TAN VALLEY, Ariz. — Buffeted by rising costs and declining interest from golfers, the Links at Queen Creek course closed two years ago after 26 years of operation. But with the demand for housing in Arizona soaring, Walt Brown Jr. saw a different fate for the 106-acre parcel of grass and palm trees southeast of Phoenix.
Mr. Brown, the chief executive of Diversified Partners, a developer in Scottsdale, Ariz., bought the property this year for $16.8 million. His new project, the Ironwood Springs Ranch, will include 172 homes on nearly 49 acres.
Across the country, developers like Mr. Brown see potential for construction on struggling golf courses. Large expanses of grass and trees sewn into the fabric of prosperous communities look like open space ripe for development. When it comes to golf courses, though, looks can be deceiving, and developers have learned to be cautious.
“You have a great piece of real estate,” said Jonathan S. Grebow, founder and chief executive of Ridgewood Real Estate Partners, a New Jersey firm that specializes in golf course redevelopment. “But after closing, it can take three, four, five years to start construction.”

The two biggest challenges are strict zoning regulations and community resistance, experts say.
Mr. Brown received county approval for his project, which will include stores, restaurants and a hotel on more than 30 acres, as well as walking trails that wind around two small lakes and through a seven-acre public park.
“We were able to work through the zoning,” he said. “After we showed residents the totality of our project, the trails and the park, neighbors were really cooperative.”
For residential developers, the opportunities are numerous: From 1986 to 2006, 4,400 new courses were built around the country, according to the National Golf Foundation, an industry research group. But since then, more than 1,000 have closed. Many others have gone on the market as revenues decline and operational expenses climb, including the high cost of water for irrigation.
Daily business updates The latest coverage of business, markets and the economy, sent by email each weekday.

That is especially true in Arizona, where every day in the summer, golf courses consume three to five acre-feet of water. (An acre-foot is the amount of water needed to cover one acre of land one foot deep, or nearly 326,000 gallons, and can cost $1,000, depending on the water source.) The state’s 302 courses use 119,000 acre-feet, or nearly four billion gallons, of water per year, according to the Arizona Department of Water Resources.

Water and other costs were an issue in the conversion of the Rancho Vistoso Golf Club, north of Tucson, into a 202-acre natural preserve. Preserve Vistoso, a community group, collaborated with the Conservation Fund, a national environmental group, to raise $1.8 million to acquire the course this year and donate it to the Town of Oro Valley.
South of downtown Phoenix, Tri Pointe Homes paid $22.6 million for the 144-acre Vistal Golf Club, which closed in 2015 after nearly 50 years of operation. Swept up in Arizona’s strong market for new housing, the plans to convert the former fairway into a multifamily development called Avance, with 394 homes, a community pool and a health center, are nearing completion.

Many golf courses are on the market as operational expenses climb, including the high cost of water for irrigation.Credit...Adriana Zehbrauskas for The New York Times
Ridgewood, the New Jersey developer, has collaborated with Concert Golf Partners of Florida to redevelop exclusive private golf clubs in Pennsylvania and Florida. Concert Golf buys the clubs, then renovates and takes over operations of clubhouses and recreational assets. Ridgewood buys land on the closed courses for home construction.

An example of their partnership is the Fountains Country Club in Palm Beach County, Fla. A gated community that opened in 1970, the Fountains had 1,700 residences and three courses, one of which closed. In 2018, members sold their fading clubhouse and the three courses to Concert Golf for $13 million.

Concert Golf started renovating the clubhouse and other facilities, and Ridgewood bought land on the long-closed 150-acre North Course, where construction on 318 apartments and 270 townhomes has started.
The companies are teaming up on a similar project to renovate the clubhouse and build homes on 61 acres of the closed South Course at the Philmont Country Club in Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
“It’s a strong model for helping clubs stay in business,” said Peter Nanula, chief executive of Concert Golf. “Club members who are volunteers can’t do this work by themselves.”
In overhauling the country clubs, Ridgewood and Concert Golf were able to solve a major impediment to redeveloping old and troubled courses: redesigning and installing water supply and drainage infrastructure.
“Water systems used for a golf course are much different than what is needed for new homes and businesses,” said Brent Billingsley, community development director for Pinal County, Ariz. “The cost to make the change is significant.”
But a bigger challenge was public opposition. Fierce fights have erupted in Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Nevada, typically involving homeowners battling to keep courses operating to preserve their home values, neighbors objecting to more traffic or communities blocking zoning changes to prevent new homes or to preserve the course as public open space.
In Phoenix, the owner of Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course closed the course in 2013 after struggling with escalating costs for water and other operational expenses and left fairways, greens and lakes in disrepair. Neighbors objected to several buyers and their plans for new housing and sued to reopen Ahwatukee for golf.
In 2018 and 2019, two Arizona courts ruled in favor of the plaintiffs and set a September 2022 deadline for the original owner to restore the course and fully resume its original purpose. (One court found the site had been closed in violation of a covenant.) Nine holes have already been restored.
In another example nearly five years ago, Ridgewood Partners paid $13 million for the 108-acre Elmwood Country Club in Greenburgh, N.Y. According to the town’s zoning rules, Ridgewood had the authority to build 119 single-family homes on the parcel. Mr. Grebow, the chief executive, proposed a zoning change to allow 175 townhomes on a portion of the site and devote the rest to open space, including making eight acres available for a public park.
The Greenburgh Conservation Advisory Council opposed the idea because it would increase housing density in an area zoned for single-family homes. Mr. Grebow countered with a proposal to reduce the number of townhomes to 159, but the Town Board rejected the zoning change last month and recommended a plan for 113 homes and the park.
“We believe our proposal was the best use of the land,” said Mr. Grebow, who is proceeding and will develop 113 units. “But the community felt that the increase in density didn’t outweigh the benefits.”

Mr. Brown, the Arizona developer, also knows the frustration of community resistance. In 2020, he paid $4.5 million for the Calumet Country Club in Homewood, Ill., a Chicago suburb, with plans to convert the 121-year-old course, which lies near Interstates 80 and 294, into a logistics center for warehousing and fulfillment.
But the idea attracted formidable opposition from Homewood residents who objected to an expected increase in truck traffic. They want the course to be converted into a public park.
“It is an unneeded development in an over-industrialized part of Chicago where we have very little green space,” said Liz Varmecky, founder of South Suburbs for Greenspace, a community group.
In 2020, residents persuaded the Village Board to turn down Mr. Brown’s application for a zoning change. Since then, he has kept the course open. After suing to have the country club site de-annexed from Homewood, Mr. Brown submitted a different development plan for the 128-acre course to the Cook County Board of Commissioners.
The new proposal calls for renovating the clubhouse, adding industrial space for a construction trades training center, building a retail center with restaurants and a hotel, and developing 30 acres of open space with walking trails.
“We’ve made a lot of progress,” said Mr. Brown, who anticipates county approval this year.

TCHB

Reaction score
Based on what it was bought for, and what some of the bitchin view lots are selling for in Havasu the guy could make a fortune. The views from some of the fairways are spectacular, with similar view lots selling for close to a million like in the Riviera. Zoning would have to changed but its been done elsewhere in the country.
It’s been done at Havasu Golf Cub.. He has sold people 20 ft extensions to their yards into the golf course. He has also redoned part of the golf course and sold the lots for new homes.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Where the RV park was going to go should be lots. Those lots would pay 5x for what he paid for the course.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Just a little update.
The refuge golf course, I mean Iron wolf golf course will be private!
Not sure how well this is going to work?

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Just a little update.

Sorry but not sure how to post a readable PDF here.

Proposed Membership Program (June 2022) 12 Month Membership Plan Signature Golf Membership (Non-Resident) - 12 month ● One time $6.500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $600 ○ Couple - $700 ○ Family - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $400 Signature Golf Membership (Resident) - 12 month ● One time $4000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - First two years - $500 ○ Couple - First two years - $600 ○ Family - First two years - $700 ● Food & Beverage Minimum ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $300 6 Month Seasonal Membership Plan- Includes Golf Seasonal Membership (Non-Resident) - 6 month ● One time $6500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $600 ○ Couple - $700 ○ Family - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $400 Seasonal Membership (Resident) - 6 month ● One time $4000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - First two years - $600 ○ Couple - First two years - $700 ○ Family - First two years - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimum ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple = $400 ○ Family - $400 Social Membership Plan Social Membership (Non-Resident) ● One time $3500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $400 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $500 Social Membership (Resident) ● One time $2000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple. $300 ○ Family - $400 ● Food & Minimum ○ Single - $150 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $300
That’s too bad. I was hoping they’d keep it open to the public. I wouldn’t be able to get more than a couple rounds a month in. $900 a month is pretty steep for that. Guess someone with a lot there should join. 👍

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Just a little update.

Sorry but not sure how to post a readable PDF here.

Proposed Membership Program (June 2022) 12 Month Membership Plan Signature Golf Membership (Non-Resident) - 12 month ● One time $6.500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $600 ○ Couple - $700 ○ Family - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $400 Signature Golf Membership (Resident) - 12 month ● One time $4000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - First two years - $500 ○ Couple - First two years - $600 ○ Family - First two years - $700 ● Food & Beverage Minimum ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $300 6 Month Seasonal Membership Plan- Includes Golf Seasonal Membership (Non-Resident) - 6 month ● One time $6500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $600 ○ Couple - $700 ○ Family - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $400 Seasonal Membership (Resident) - 6 month ● One time $4000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - First two years - $600 ○ Couple - First two years - $700 ○ Family - First two years - $800 ● Food & Beverage Minimum ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple = $400 ○ Family - $400 Social Membership Plan Social Membership (Non-Resident) ● One time $3500 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $400 ● Food & Beverage Minimums ○ Single - $300 ○ Couple - $400 ○ Family - $500 Social Membership (Resident) ● One time $2000 Initiation Fee ● Monthly dues ○ Single - $200 ○ Couple. $300 ○ Family - $400 ● Food & Minimum ○ Single - $150 ○ Couple - $300 ○ Family - $300
Wonder if they will have any reciprocity agreements, or other things like membership holds/pauses. Edit: saw the 6 month deal so holds/pauses is already thought of for the snow birds. Hope it works out well for them.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wow what? A lot of country clubs have agreements aka reciprocal agreements with others for their members to use facilities/courses.
Wow as in the info in the post about the private and dues as a former homeowner there, not yours

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What do you get with your social membership?
It’s what we had I assume, you can use the bar, restaurant, gym and pool, you still had to pay for golf. It was $100 a month and I think there was a $50 food / drink minimum.

DWC

Reaction score
It’s what we had I assume, you can use the bar, restaurant, gym and pool, you still had to pay for golf. It was $100 a month and I think there was a $50 food / drink minimum.
Just a slight jump.. It will keep the riffraff out. By that i mean me.

7959E9E6-FE8B-4CA3-9BF5-46CC3A78F1A3.jpeg

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
You’re paying Orange County prices in havasu for golf in order to keep up with your Orange County lifestyle that has and will continue to erode away at the simplistic lifestyle Havasu used to relish in.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What a joke. We pay 4200 for the year at Laughlin Ranch for 2
Rates must have gone up. Link says 5K. Looks like a nice course.

Reddy Too

Reaction score
Is the course irrigated with reclaimed or potable water?