WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Rona kicked my ass......

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Symptoms started on January 22nd, I finally went in for a test and was positive a week ago yesterday. So I am on day 15. This thing has been no joke, obviously didnt kill me but kicked my ass and basically still is. Spent 5 straight days in bed watching Netflix. I am back to my home office now but still hanging around 75%. Cant get back to 100%. I fatigue easy and if I try to do too much in a day it comes back at you the next day as if "I told you so". Most people I have talked to in my age bracket (56) have said its the better part of three weeks before you will put it completely behind you. Never lost taste or smell which seems odd compared to everyone else.

Good times.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Rest rest rest. Take a break from all your extra projects that can wait.

Hope you feel better soon!

Might wanna let anyone you been around know so they can keep themselves in check too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Glad that it didn't take you out completely. Most everyone that I know that has had it has had much the same experience as you. They say that it's many weeeks before you get back to normal. Did you experience headache and muscle pain ?

Mototrig

Reaction score
Symptoms started on January 22nd, I finally went in for a test and was positive a week ago yesterday. So I am on day 15. This thing has been no joke, obviously didnt kill me but kicked my ass and basically still is. Spent 5 straight days in bed watching Netflix. I am back to my home office now but still hanging around 75%. Cant get back to 100%. I fatigue easy and if I try to do too much in a day it comes back at you the next day as if "I told you so". Most people I have talked to in my age bracket (56) have said its the better part of three weeks before you will put it completely behind you. Never lost taste or smell which seems odd compared to everyone else.

Good times.
Glad you're feeling better 💪. I know it hits everyone differently, sounds like you had it pretty bad.

Bear Down

Reaction score
i have a question for you if you don't mind answering... did you put yourself in a position of a higher risk of getting the 'Rona (i.e. gathering/going out/eff the rules)... and if so.... was it worth it? I'm to the point of EFF IT I am going to live out of the cocoon a bit more...but being the sole bread winner puts me back in my place..

JFMFG

Reaction score
Glad you’re getting better.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Glad that it didn't take you out completely. Most everyone that I know that has had it has had much the same experience as you. They say that it's many weeeks before you get back to normal. Did you experience headache and muscle pain ?
Brutal headaches and crazy lower back pain, like I helped someone move a refrigerator the day before, bizarre how that is a symptom.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Good times.

Pretty much the three week timeline is what I went thru. I didn't drink my BLs for three weeks as well which helped me lose about 15lbs. The appetite was non-existent, tired as shit, aches and pains, headaches....... I thought it was over early and then BAM.....worst than ever. I tested negative when I went to the hospital with low oxygen levels. They hooked me up for a few hours and I went home. They just said it was a false negative and that I had covid in my lungs. I think the headaches were due to low oxygen levels. Anyhow......Hope its all behind you now.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
i have a question for you if you don't mind answering... did you put yourself in a position of a higher risk of getting the 'Rona (i.e. gathering/going out/eff the rules)... and if so.... was it worth it? I'm to the point of EFF IT I am going to live out of the cocoon a bit more...but being the sole bread winner puts me back in my place..
I played by the rules, masked up coming and going from restaurants etc., work from home so I dont interact with a ton of people for work. My son had it, lots of his friends, its pointless to try and figure out where I got since its a pretty long list of our friends that have had it. It was really just a matter of time. The odd part is my wife is a nurse, she has been exposed countless times, lives with me in Arizona, lives with my son who had it when she goes back to California to work and she never got it. Some people just have something that keeps them from getting it, and she has not taken the vaccine, and isnt planning to after all of the exposure she has had without getting it.

HST4ME

Reaction score
I had it last December before it was a thing. Went a week before going to the doctor. 4-5 days I was back to semi normal and then went on a heavy vitamin supplement regimen which helped a lot.

A couple snorts of O2 off the welding tank helped with the fatigue lol...and lots of black tea.

I had a bout last week of the intestinal bug going around..that was fucking brutal.

Reactions: DWC

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I was hurting for about 5 days. Lost taste and smell after I was feeling better. But the fatigue is a mofo. Winded after minor tasks. Took about 3 1/2 weeks from onset to be back to 100% . I did drink a lot of beer after the first week so I think beer is the cure. They say alcohol kills all germs .

Andy B.

Reaction score
Not to thread jack I posted a video about the masks, glad you're ok one-a-day!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Crazy how it affects everyone differently. Found out Wednesday Ismael my custom cabinet guy passed from it. He was probably 50. Been waiting for a custom vanity and new he was slammed at the shop with kitchens. Then few weeks ago I could not get a text back. Then straight to voice mail when I called. Wednesday phone was disconnected so I reached out to granite fabricator if he knew what happened. He called me with the bad news. He was sick for 3 weeks and then got worse and passed. Good thing I put a temporary vanity in for the customer but now trying to find out if the custom 1 is in his shop made or partial made.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Glad you are getting better and prayers for a speedy recovery.

2Driver

Reaction score
Wow.

Our otherwise healthy friends are on week 7 and still aren't anywhere near back to normal. They rode it out at home, same horrible symptoms. If I make him laugh he goes into a coughing fit like a 80 year old with emphysema..

He could kick my ass on a Mt bike. I asked him if he was up for a easy ride or a hike, he said no Fn way.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Glad you're on the mend . . . brutal.
After reading this, I just signed my Dad up for the vaccine like he asked me to do . . . he's 89.
I'd hate to see him taken out by this fucking virus.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wow.

Our otherwise healthy friends are on week 7 and still aren't anywhere near back to normal. They rode it out at home, same horrible symptoms. If I make him laugh he goes into a coughing fit like a 80 year old with emphysema..

He could kick my ass on a Mt bike. I asked him if he was up for a easy ride or a hike, he said no Fn way.
I am in pretty good shape, ride my bike 50 miles no problem, gym 3-4 times a week, not over weight, etc., I thought I would put in behind me much quicker. Nope.

Singleton

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.
rest up, over hydrate and don’t over do it
before you know it, it will be spring and prime morning boating

wzuber

Reaction score
Glad you're on the mend . . . brutal.
After reading this, I just signed my Dad up for the vaccine like he asked me to do . . . he's 89.
I'd hate to see him taken out by this fucking virus.
How do you know the vaccine won't "take him out"? That's my concern with my 84y.o. father that wheezes from a life of smoking already. Which vaccine, when etc? All the various questions that come with this plandemic.

HitIt

Reaction score
How do you know the vaccine won't "take him out"? That's my concern with my 84y.o. father that wheezes from a life of smoking already. Which vaccine, when etc? All the various questions that come with this plandemic.

You dont know. Nobody knows. Its a risk/reward equation with too many unknowns so you just have to use your best judgement.

But I would be in favor or an 89 YO family member getting the shot while my kids and I will be holding off for a while. At this point, more 89 YOs have died from the rona than the shot. It is it the right decision? Only time will tell.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@wzuber @HitIt
I agree . . . it's a tough one for me. His eye doctor recommended it during his last visit.
He asked me to schedule him an appointment, but I kinda brushed it off out of concerns you mentioned.
He's still really active, Home Depo/ Ace Hardware runs . . . still likes to shop for groceries etc. So he's out there a little more than most people his age.
He's also the guy on the street with the garage open always working on projects, so neighbors are always stopping by etc.
It's tough for me cause I'm not sure what to believe or who to trust anymore.
One thing i can say is that if he were to get it and I hadn't scheduled him for an appointment, I couldn't live with myself.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Andy B.

Reaction score
HCL with Z pack my sister in law late fifties has asthma uses an inhaler, started on with2 days after first symptoms over in 48 hrs 8- 10 days after little heavy breathing not a big deal. There is another one also can't remember the name someone will chime in.

What's that, can you share again

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Dang Walt. Sucks to read this. I'm hoping you'll be ok. Take it easy and don't try and push. Let your body do what it needs to do...

I had it, and it didn't do shit to me.

My good friends went through what you're going through. It was a full three months till they got back to normal. They are both 100 percent now.

You'll get there too. 👍

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I had it. Tested Jan 11th stayed in bed one day watching Netflix, never lost taste or smell. Pretty much was lazy for a week. Wendi got it also her symptoms were less than mine. Not a big deal for us. We just stayed away and did our part of quarantine

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Well,i’m 76.Have appointment next Wednesday for first dose.If i‘m not around here in a few weeks so be it.Decided to take the risk. No doubt many in the dungeon will celebrate if things go south.As it is my wife would need hire pallbearers.LOL

Andy B.

Reaction score
Well,i’m 76.Have appointment next Wednesday for first dose.If i‘m not around here in a few weeks so be it.Decided to take the risk. No doubt many in the dungeon will celebrate if things go south.As it is my wife would need hire pallbearers.LOL

No celebrating here just wanting to inform take care.

DLC

Reaction score
I hope you all don’t get it, and if ya got it, get over it fast.....

now back to my basement!

HBCraig

Reaction score

Good times.
I have heard mixed symptoms too. I hear the headaches are brutal. Was that a symptom you had ?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
HCL with Z pack my sister in law late fifties has asthma uses an inhaler, started on with2 days after first symptoms over in 48 hrs 8- 10 days after little heavy breathing not a big deal. There is another one also can't remember the name someone will chime in.

What's that, can you share again
The other one that seems to be very effective is Ivermectin.

Water Romper

Reaction score

Good times.
Do you know where/how you got it?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No, kind of pointless to figure out where, so many people we know have it or have had it, its all around me.

Problem is I never lost my taste or smell, everyone said without that it wasnt Rona so I just figured it was a cold, so much for that theory. I had no fever as well, and I also wasn't fatigued, just a annoying head cold that didnt really slow me up, almost like allergies when the winds kick up. Then it got to no desire to get out of bed, the fever started, back aches etc., which convinced me to go get tested.

Do you know where/how you got it?

RichL

Reaction score

Good times.
Your description is very similar to my experience but throw in about 10 days of nausea as well. My observations are that while there are many similarities between those effected, the China virus seems to find individual's weaknesses to prey on as well. I'm still dealing with minor side effects after 3+ weeks. Glad you're on the mend. FWIW wife's experience was different and didn't last as long and granddaughter was exposed while here but never experienced any symptoms.

76sanger

Reaction score
Symptoms started on January 22nd, I finally went in for a test and was positive a week ago yesterday. So I am on day 15. This thing has been no joke, obviously didnt kill me but kicked my ass and basically still is. Spent 5 straight days in bed watching Netflix. I am back to my home office now but still hanging around 75%. Cant get back to 100%. I fatigue easy and if I try to do too much in a day it comes back at you the next day as if "I told you so". Most people I have taplked to in my age bracket (56) have said its the better part of three weeks before you will put it completely behind you. Never lost taste or smell which seems odd compared to everyone else.

Good times.
Ya it's pretty intense for sure. I'm 52 and hurt only for two days bad. I and my wife got it just before new year's, she was back up and running around within 7 days, I was as well but tired out quickly up until about a week ago. I still have no smell, but can taste now. It's a good bug for sure! I myself would still take this over the damn flu though. Just because the flu on my body always either goes into bronchitis or pneumonia and goes on for months.

KevinR

Reaction score
Very interesting to hear how Covid has hammered so many in so many different ways.
My wife got it (best we can tell is at the supermarket). Passed it to me. I was down the month of November. Severe Headaches, body and joint aches, like never before. No appetite, constant fever, towards the end some pneumonia. Fortunately very little nausea. Started feeling better first part of December then on Christmas Day got a migraine like headache that dropped a bit after 48 hours, but the headaches remained for 3 weeks solid. Finally been headache free the last 6 days. Knock on wood!

So sorry to hear of friends and such passing from this China virus. Very happy to hear how many have made it through.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I had it in Jan. Was like a bad cold that wouldn’t go away. Feel good one day then down the next. Took about 8 days for me and about 12 for my wife to feel good. We did lose our sense of smell.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Hit the vitamins C, D and Zinc HARD. Also sit outside for bit. That made us feel way better for some reason. Wife had the vid hangover a little longer than I did for some reason.
same here.... most everyone in my family has got it.... for me it's never got to 100% better ,.. but I've been eating fresh oranges by the bags full.. that and Zink and magnesium ...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Glad you are on the mend Walt, I’m sure you’ve heard of the long term lasting effects Kaiser put out from their studies.
Nasty virus for sure

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Hit the vitamins C, D and Zinc HARD. Also sit outside for bit. That made us feel way better for some reason. Wife had the vid hangover a little longer than I did for some reason.
I haven't had it yet, at least I don't think I have but I've been taking all the immune system supplements. I've taken so much zinc and magnesium that my turds are galvanized.

parker guy

Reaction score
Brutal headaches and crazy lower back pain, like I helped someone move a refrigerator the day before, bizarre how that is a symptom.
Our friend has had the exact same symptom...rest up

jones performance

Reaction score
glad your on the mend walt.

ive posted before about my experience with the rona, only knew i had it becasue of the smell/taste deal otherwise i thoughtit was allergies form the wind change in weather as i normally get that. extreme fatigue set in after i lost sense of smell, a dull headache for a few days with one day of a migraine and some retty good body pains. lasted approx 4 days then tapered off. my sense of taste came back to normal after about 2 weeks, but my sense of smell still isnt back to normal. i smell things but just barely.. its like its filtered and i think i smell smoke alot.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
I had it over the holidays and it wasn’t too bad for me. I lost my smell and taste though and have yet to get either back...