WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Sea Pearl (Caution, boating related content).

dribble

Reaction score
So this 43' Hunton Motor Yacht shows up in my buddy's dump truck yard two years ago. Bought out of England by some rich guy out of Colorado who inherited his parents natural gas wells. Nice boat, twin Volvo diesels and all top of the line stuff. He had a custom trailer made for it in florida and had it shipped here to Sacramento. And there it sat with nothing but a top deck canvas cover in a yard with 30-40 dump trucks and other construction equipment going in and out every day. Two summers and two winters of heavy rain.

My girlfriend and I went under the cover and were appalled. Dirt, mud mold, interior storage compartments full of slimy water, carpet wet and muddy. It was a mess. Me being retired and her willing to work hard at anything offered to clean it up (for a price) . Here is how it turned out. We worked on this thing seven straight days

thumbnail_image1.jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
DSC_1451.jpg
DSC_1441.jpg
DSC_1451.jpg
DSC_1438.jpg
thumbnail_image1 (4).jpg
thumbnail_image2 (2).jpg
DSC_1461.jpg
DSC_1470.jpg
DSC_1465.jpg
thumbnail_image3 (1).jpg
DSC_1462.jpg
DSC_1469.jpg

BajaMike

Reaction score
Nice boat. Did you ever start the engines? Is it for sale? Where is it?

Great job cleaning it up, that must have been a lot of work.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Some people have more money than brains..Good on you for cleaning that bad boy up

dribble

Reaction score
Nice boat. Did you ever start the engines? Is it for sale? Where is it?

Great job cleaning it up, that must have been a lot of work.

Never started the engines. The starting batteries are out. We had to run a hose and 100 ft extension cord to it. We worked on it until 10 pm a few nights. $2650.00 later we basically made wages as we had about $800.00 in supplies and 100 hours between the two of us. My GF worked her ass off on it. I rebuilt the seat backs an re installed the upholstery. We told the guy to get it out of that yard and to shrink wrap it. I hope it doesn’t go to shit again.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Great Job, if he lets it go to shit again charge him double !