WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The shootout with SBPD.

Dettom

Reaction score
So, I went to a get together tonight and met up with some former co-workers from SBPD. I had a conversation with one of the guys who found himself at the termination point of Wednesday's terrorist attack. I asked him, what happened once units picked up on the SUV as it was leaving the apartment. He said the vehicle was heading back to the scene of the original attack but could not get through because of the roadblock and the exit was shut down. So the assholes had to take surface streets and that's where they ran into problems. He said the female was shooting out the back window and the car eventually slowed to a stop after becoming disabled.
As it stopped, Farook got out firing his AR while she continued firing from inside. He tries to cross the street to draw fire away from her and give cops two targets to have concentrate on. They dumped him, and by now a bunch of guys showed up and it was a shoot fest. About 380 rds from the cops.
So, as I suspected, they were going back to mow down the first responders, fire, EMT etc. The intersection was filled with a couple hundred people. Stunning to think about. Secondly, their willingness to split up under fire shows tactical considerations. This shows the length they will go to rack up a huge body count.
While BHO, our POS in chief talks about gun control to divert people from the real issue, all of us need to understand what kind of animals we're dealing with. Check your six, arm yourselves and have a plan wherever you go. We're on our own.

Backlash

Reaction score
Good info Dettom thank you for sharing. 380 rounds is a lot of hot lead fired downrange. Nicely done and my hats off to those heroes who brought this horrific incident to an appropriate end. The bit about multiple targets shows you that this was not their first rodeo. That type of action takes a lot of training, tactical aptitude and the ability to keep moving while being fired upon.

shueman

Reaction score
My cousin husband was the first cop on scene

Was he that desk sergeant that gave his recount at one of the news conferences? NO amount of training could prepare you for what he witnessed ...

RodnJen

Reaction score
Thank you Dettom for the info and I agree we are dealing with animals. I have to ask though, what do you think the "real issue" is?

500bbc

Reaction score
So, I went to a get together tonight and met up with some former co-workers from SBPD. I had a conversation with one of the guys who found himself at the termination point of Wednesday's terrorist attack. I asked him, what happened once units picked up on the SUV as it was leaving the apartment. He said the vehicle was heading back to the scene of the original attack but could not get through because of the roadblock and the exit was shut down. So the assholes had to take surface streets and that's where they ran into problems. He said the female was shooting out the back window and the car eventually slowed to a stop after becoming disabled.
As it stopped, Farook got out firing his AR while she continued firing from inside. He tries to cross the street to draw fire away from her and give cops two targets to have concentrate on. They dumped him, and by now a bunch of guys showed up and it was a shoot fest. About 380 rds from the cops.
So, as I suspected, they were going back to mow down the first responders, fire, EMT etc. The intersection was filled with a couple hundred people. Stunning to think about. Secondly, their willingness to split up under fire shows tactical considerations. This shows the length they will go to rack up a huge body count.
While BHO, our POS in chief talks about gun control to divert people from the real issue, all of us need to understand what kind of animals we're dealing with. Check your six, arm yourselves and have a plan wherever you go. We're on our own.

That's all bullshit, this was workplace violence, I'm reporting you to Loretta Lynch.:p

Funny isn't it, how everyone loves LE when our lives depend on you?

Thanks to you and your fellow LEO for all that you do and put up with.:thumbsup

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thank you Dettom for the info and I agree we are dealing with animals. I have to ask though, what do you think the "real issue" is?

Our own governments inability, namely the Obama administration, to effectively wage war on radicals. To call a spade a spade.

It's inability to mutter the words "war on terror," but instead to easily elude to that very phrase when discussing America.

It's interesting that this administration struggles so much with strong language towards its enemies. Yet, had no qualms in Obama's 2009 speaking tour telling foreign audiences that America was to blame for much of the world's problems. Contradictory much?

Long after that speaking tour and here we are today, arguably in even worse shape. Not long after calling ISIS a JV team and yet this recent attack could easily be categorized as the first ISIS attack on U.S. soil.

Now we have today's speech at 5pm. Again he will condemn ordinary Americans, no different than many on this very board, and with slight of hand lay blame on gun owners. Law-abiding individuals who are rightfully exercising their rights will be targeted as contributors to the problem rather than the solution.

Wash, lather, repeat and the threat will remain the same. After his speech tonight we will still be just as vulnerable as we were before the tragedy in San Bernardino. We still won't be able to defend ourselves because we will be further weakened with threats of being stripped further of our rights.

Tonight, I expect very little will be mentioned about San Bernardino being a terrorist act and more will be said about average Americans being the contributor. It will be a variance of his 2009 speaking tour.

My crystal ball is strong with this one. Watch for the slight of hand. It's much easier to spot when you admit it's there...

Dettom

Reaction score

When I say " real issue" I mean the rise of terrorism in this country. The politicians will yell for gun control to divert people from concentrating on the failure of this administration to take seriously, the new normal; that we are not immune, and they cannot stop this, using "common sense gun safety laws". At its heart, they would happily disarm everyone. Absent that, they don't mind letting you defend yourself to a limited degree, as long as they get to choose what and how.

LomitaBob

Reaction score
can anyone imagine what would or could have happened if those fuckers had made it back to the original scene??? or even close enough to detonate their bomb they left behind? I saw a cellphone video of the cops chasing that SUV and you can hear an AR being fired at the cops that were behind them. Those officers have balls of steel! they didn't swerve, they didn't back off, they just shot back.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm just thankful that so far, the terrorists aside for 911, haven't been intelligent enough or resourceful enough to figure out more elaborate bomb technology.

I've been concerned for years about them planting a potent enough bomb(s) with triggering mechanisms allowing remote detonation at peak periods in crowed locations. We've been lucky or diligent enough to keep larger catastrophes from happening. That being said, I hope it isn't just a matter of time before they upgrade their attacks from suicide idiots to real mercenaries higher ability to cause massive carnage.
LE can only do so much. Citizens need to be on the lookout and being armed can help far more than hinder.

TLAW719

Reaction score
image.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
Thanks for the insights Dettom :thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Please tell him Thank You from me...

:bowdown: