WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Shop Is Open

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The shop is closed. All the equipment has been sold. All that is left is the 4 walls and the shitter. We sold the house in Oregon, the house in Arizona and the condo in Virginia. All we have left fits in a small storage unit. Going to travel for awhile and see where life takes us this time.
Are you back to organizing the fridge?😎

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Wow.. well I hope you have fun on your adventures! I was looking forward to seeing what you were going to make in the shop this time around.
It seems like time gets away from you. I'm still holding my own as far as health goes. Had a scary moment in June when my kidneys stopped working but, we got that solved. The wife and I spent a lot of time back east. When we were at the shop, we built a live steam locomotive that you can ride on. That was our covid project. Having a custom 5th wheel built this summer that will haul it in the basement. There are clubs all over the United States that have track you can run on. Plans are to chase the sunny days and put as many track miles I can on them. Invited back to Florida in 2024 to work on the president's campaign from June until November. After that, ......

RaceTec

Reaction score
It seems like time gets away from you. I'm still holding my own as far as health goes. Had a scary moment in June when my kidneys stopped working but, we got that solved. The wife and I spent a lot of time back east. When we were at the shop, we built a live steam locomotive that you can ride on. That was our covid project. Having a custom 5th wheel built this summer that will haul it in the basement. There are clubs all over the United States that have track you can run on. Plans are to chase the sunny days and put as many track miles I can on them. Invited back to Florida in 2024 to work on the president's campaign from June until November. After that, ......
Safe travels and good health to both of you! I wish you would have posted the build of the locomotive, I always tend to learn something new from your posts!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Safe travels and good health to both of you! I wish you would have posted the build of the locomotive, I always tend to learn something new from
I should of posted pics as I built. It would take me a year to post all the pictures I took. I bought a 4 axis cnc mill and made hundreds of small parts. Wrote all the G- code by hand and ran it on Mach3. Like a child with a toy.
20200809_114135.jpg
20200812_110212.jpg
20200813_145722.jpg
20200815_161205.jpg
20200917_092230.jpg
20200918_143612.jpg
20200913_183106.jpg