WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The son of a bitch did it!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll be down at SpaceX sometime this week. I'm wondering if I am going to see protesting or anything going on outside the main building.

Don't we have a member that works at SpaceX? We just do a lot of their HVAC.
My son did then went to starlink and is now with the competition for 3x the money.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Twitter will now be cancelled with something else.. it will be like what Facebook did to "my space".. jmo

All of big tech will be against him. At a price point of 43 billion it might have been cheaper to reinvent the wheel like he does with everything else?

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Twitter's quarterly report date is this Thursday. If it is bad, that would influence the board greatly.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
All of big tech will be against him. At a price point of 43 billion it might have been cheaper to reinvent the wheel like he does with everything else?

Dude is gonna double his money… watch.

You said you like high stakes gambling- this is the highest stakes trolling gamble of all time.

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Roosky01

Reaction score
Dude is gonna double his money… watch.

You said you like high stakes gambling- this is the highest stakes trolling gamble of all time.
Me thinks he will turn out a way better product with at least 75% less staff....

Can you imagine how non-productive the Twitter workforce is on a daily basis with all the safe space/self entitled fruit loops participating at every level? I imagine the Director of Desk Plant Diversity & Inclusion is polishing up the resume at this very moment.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Me thinks he will turn out a way better product with at least 75% less staff....

Can you imagine how non-productive the Twitter workforce is on a daily basis with all the safe space/self entitled fruit loops participating at every level? I imagine the Director of Desk Plant Diversity & Inclusion is polishing up the resume at this very moment.

Honestly the recipe for success there is pretty simple. Delete all the bots, change the algorithms for balanced content, and let it eat. Wokeism is killing off viewership.

Roosky01

Reaction score
279321148_163796712676765_84798538282248-2362420.JPG

traquer

Reaction score
One of my closest friends hired his head of manufacturing from SpaceX.

I spent the weekend with them at F1 in Austin 2019 as guest of Haas (They just bought like 20 machines), This is exactly what he said. They gave you ultimate freedom and responsibility.

At spaceX he was just a CNC operator/setup guy. He had blank PO approval up to 100k line item....

If he needed another mill, lathe, or whatever to get a project done, he could just call his Haas rep and have one delivered without having to go up the ladder.

When he went to work for my buddy he took his 3 shift 5 day a week operation down to a single 4/10 shift AND increased their overall output.
Small world, buddy owns a machine shop and was taken to F1 by Haas as well, about 5 years ago. Wish I coulda made it I was supposed to go. They all run Doosan now though, got rid of a dozen Haas machines. Reliability and uptime matter most at the end of the day lol

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

I don't know this to be factual, but I think it's personal to him. Twitter has censored him quite a bit. No doubt he has big plans for Twitter but I also think the Twitter board rubbed him the wrong way. BTW, how hard would it be to get an RDP page on Twitter? I looked and didn't see one. I think it would be pretty cool to be there instead of FB. Facebook not only censors people but they sell your personal information, which is no bueno.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Small world, buddy owns a machine shop and was taken to F1 by Haas as well, about 5 years ago. Wish I coulda made it I was supposed to go. They all run Doosan now though, got rid of a dozen Haas machines. Reliability and uptime matter most at the end of the day lol

Funny, my buddy's shop had bought a couple doosans and sold them at a loss as they could never get them to consistently run with the nikken 4th axis units. I guess it's all relative to what kind of work you are doing. They aren't doing any major hogging. The haas machines they make compressor blades for turbines, they are small parts and already roughly forged to size so it's pretty easy on the machines. I think he bought 8 Haas VF2-SSYs for the cost of the 2 doosans

They also have a whole department full of Huffman 5 axis grinders. Pretty awesome machines.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Meanwhile... business as usual elsewhere.

530RL

Reaction score
He is paying 8.5 times revenue in cash to take a company private that does not make money. And the change of control documents state that employee's get their options and restricted stock accelerated and fully vested. They get paid at close.

Hell of a deal for the employees. Gonna put a bunch of Musk's cash right in their pockets.

I'd be all for it if I was an employee. 👍

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think it's sweet irony that an apparent libtard, pot smoking poster boy (Musk), who produces and sells electric cars, the be all to end all bad products, fossil fuels, turns out to be complete opposite and takes his billions and influnce, buys a company that was run by a libtard free speech killer and is expected to take the company in the oppisite direction and blows up the libtard talking platform. More than that, the talking platform that conservatives and Trump use like pros. One "expert" panelist on a libby channel this afternoon says "Twitter is really not that big" and she then proceeded to minimize Twitter's influnce. Next up, Tesla and Twitter are not paying their fair share in taxes, don't treat employees well, are polluting the earth and need to be reigned in. Sound the alarms!!! LOL I don't think the libbys have a formal, concerted response yet. It will develop over the next few days. I hope the ORANGE MAN GETS REINSTATED ON TWITTER!!!! The problem with lazy libbys is they don't have the ability or want to determine what's bullshit on TV and the Internet and what's not. IT'S ALL BULLSHIT!!! LOL The libs use dumb people as a base of people that need to be protected, helped and CONTROLLED in order to control the rest of the population and their political agenda. To be clear, I think all politicians are heathens, liars and cheats. I don't like any of them. I do lean towards the conservative ideals and not the politicians themselves.

With the stock sale price (see 530's post) this will quickly be spun as a "Rich getting richer" narrative. There will be a huge push to organize labor at all of Musk's companies.

Also que up the Section 230 arguments against Twitter.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Elon fanboy but he tends to deliver more often then not,.so this will be interesting to see what he does.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
"Video killed the radio star"

First video ever shown on MTV I believe

I just want them to bring back "Headbangers Ball"!!

"See the little faggot with the earring and the make up
Yeah, buddy, that's his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot, he's a millionaire"

😁

HBCraig

Reaction score
Trump said he's staying with his own platform. I'm still undecided on rejoining Twitter.
I am on Twitter but only to assist with the recruiter of my players to college. It helps tremendously in reaching college coaches in terms of showing video

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Long listen...

I listened too some of that and love the question where the asked about somebody with questionable ethics, as if they have such good ethics.