WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Stones...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Name your favorite Stones song...

Oh and who's going? Got tickets to Levi's stadium. Fuck ya.

4Waters

Reaction score
Why would you spend money like that in this economy:D

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Have actually never seen The Stones live...although an old girlfriends brother Jim Price played with them for 5 years...
...There is a documentary starting to cycle on Axs TV about their late oft times sax player Bobby Keyes...Bobby on sax ...”Jim Price” on trumpet just killed it back in the day...Btown Sugar etc..The go to horn guys for many of the biggies for a long time...
...Anybody who is a Stones fan will enjoy the doc..guaranteed...Looks like the next time it will be shown is December 2nd ???...

Reactions: TPC

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
That show is gonna be badass. "Gimme Shelter" sounds incredible Live.
I saw the Stones: A Bigger Bang Tour at Pacbell Park, SF in 2005. I think it was their 5/6th Farewell Tour. lol.
My boss got VIP tickets on "The Hawk 104.1" party bus that also included a pre concert party at the "SWIG" club in downtown SF beforehand. Everclear and Metallica opened w/great sets, but the Stones to my amazement, totally blew everyone away. Those old fuckers put on one of the most amazing shows and stage setups I've seen.
The stage setup had a 10 story screen with 5 levels of fans watching on each side and a giant tongue section that disconnected like a float so the band could ride out thru middle of crowd across the stadium. I think it took like 3 days to assemble.
CIMG0460.jpg
CIMG0463.jpg

CIMG0456.jpg

CIMG0424.jpg
CIMG0404.jpg

Last edited:

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
A lot of great songs.. Brown Sugar, Angie..

cofooter

Reaction score
Seen them a few times in the olden days. Wild Horses for me!!!

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Never really a Stones fan but I do like this one:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

77 SLEEK

Reaction score
Fingerprint file!! Still one of the best. Mick Taylor at his best with a bass guitar solo. Yep going to see them in Chicago.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Oh and who's going? Got tickets to Levi's stadium. Fuck ya.

You buying?
A friend of mine who grew up in the 60’s wanted to go but nose bleed tickets start at $250. Over $1,000 to be on the field.
I don’t want to spend that kind of money and fight with 60,000 what ever people at that park to see them that bad.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
How many decades ago were the Stones at their best? If you want to hear the Stones at their best put on a CD, LP or a cassette. It'll sound better and be far less costly than giving those decrepit rockers your hard-earned money to see them with 60,000 of your best friends

They WERE a great rock and roll band

rolling-stones-do-glastonbury_o_1793057.jpg

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Pass....

Saw them in 1977 and in 1981.

HA HA that was only 41 and 38 years ago back when the Stones were actually a great band. Now it's like going to an Egyptian museum to see the mummies :D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I remember them from the beginning. Never made a live show. Too many great songs to pick "one".....

Greatest band in the history of music in my opinion. No one has stayed as fresh as the Stones even if they look to be "zombies".

nowski

Reaction score
I got paid $100 bucks to see the Stones back in 1994 at the MGM. I guess you can say I got some Satisfaction...

thmterry

Reaction score
I saw them in the late 80's early 90's at LA Coliseum. Living Color and Guns n Roses opened for them. The Stones made them look like amateurs and I was there to see GNR. It was a great concert but I dont think I want to see some 80 year old guys put on a stadium show.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Were going on May 18 th at Levi Stadium it will be our 6 th time, in my opinion they will go down as one of the greatest there blues background is incredible.

Gimme Shelter
Slave
Monkey Man
Some Girls
Midnight Rambler
Under My Thumb
Beast Of Burden
Far Away Eye
Satisfaction Long Version

That’s a start.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
My Favorite tune and I want to remember them when I saw them in my(and their) younger days. Good seats weren't a mortgage payment either. o_O

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I saw them in the late 80's early 90's at LA Coliseum. Living Color and Guns n Roses opened for them. The Stones made them look like amateurs and I was there to see GNR. It was a great concert but I dont think I want to see some 80 year old guys put on a stadium show.

I was at the same show and I tell everybody exactly what you said. G n R was ok ,but the Stones blew them away. It was like the major leagues against amateurs

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Saw a picture advertising the event and Keith was holding a lit cigarette......If a fella had a dollar for every cig Richards has smoked in his ife, think of the Skater that could be bought. Throw in a buck for every shot of booze and you could by a mega yacht.:eek::D:p

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
One of the greatest lines Keith Richards ever said at a concert we went was it’s great to be here, it’s great to be anywhere.

Pure Classic

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Stones live in Cuba 2 hour concert has been running on the Axs channel on Direct.
If you’re a Stones fan it’s for you.

Favorite Stones tune: “It’s all over now.”

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Sometime back it was either HBs or early RDP a forum member and his wife were vacationing in BVI.
They were sitting at the hotel beach bar and Richards sat next to them and they all spent the day together drinking and chattin’.
A really excellent thread.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
My Favorite tune and I want to remember them when I saw them in my(and their) younger days. Good seats weren't a mortgage payment either. o_O

My favorite...:D

Great choices for sure. It should be easy to pick your favorite or even the top 5 - ha ha --> The English rock group The Rolling Stones has released 30 studio albums, 26 live albums, 25 compilation albums, three extended play singles, and 120 singles.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Cant ya hear me knocking. Some of their best riffs Ever on that song. Not to mention great sax.

I saw em at the Coliseum also. Prince opened, and was booed off the stage.

J Geils was up next and Rocked the house down! That was one of the best performances I had ever seen at that point!

The Stones came out and proved to everyone there, that they were a studio band. They sucked major ass live.

It was just sad. Maybe they were too wasted to play.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Cant ya hear me knocking. Some of their best riffs Ever on that song. Not to mention great sax.

I saw em at the Coliseum also. Prince opened, and was booed off the stage.

J Geils was up next and Rocked the house down! That was one of the best performances I had ever seen at that point!

The Stones came out and proved to everyone there, that they were a studio band. They sucked major ass live.

It was just sad. Maybe they were too wasted to play.

I was there too, that was one sad show. If it weren't for the fail of Prince and the follow-up by JG Band there very well could have been a riot.

old man on the lake

Reaction score
Saw them at Cardnals stadium maybe eight years ago. They were really bad.
My brothers garage band played their music better in the early seventies.
Walked out.
So sad.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Saw the 'Stones at Oakland Coliseum in 1997, with Pearl Jam as the opening act. Floor seat, not too far from stage @ $75.

Just picked up 2 tickets to the Santa Clara show in section 409 for $95.50 a ticket. Since my employer is a block away, I can at least park there for free and walk. Hopefully my Dad will go with, so it won't matter if the show sucks.

spectras only

Reaction score
Love many of Stone's songs but, like many said, their live performance suck sometimes.
Queen on the other hand, are hands done better live.
Check out just this one song they did in Wembley in 1986. I like Brian May's playing vs Keith:p

GRADS

Reaction score
I'll be honest...every night I have a new favorite song, they just have too many.

GRADS

Reaction score
You buying?
A friend of mine who grew up in the 60’s wanted to go but nose bleed tickets start at $250. Over $1,000 to be on the field.
I don’t want to spend that kind of money and fight with 60,000 what ever people at that park to see them that bad.
Yep, Trophy Husband problems...