WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Toy Syndicate - Beta Testing

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Everything seems nicely laid out on my desktop running chrome. That bright gold font on the top nav bar pops nicely, the dull light gold for the item description might look decorative, but not easy or all that pleasant to read.
But when it comes to web sites, I've always preferred function over form. If it's easy to navigate, easy to read and I can easily find when I'm seeking, I'm happy and will most likely return. If I have to wade through to much marketing glitz to find the substance, I'm outta there.

Very nice, other than the dull item description/details font. 👍👍👍

Ill work on the colors this weekend. 😊

gqchris

Reaction score
Website is tits. One thing that makes st8up so good is post all day and a lot of them. If they don’t move he repost them!! Don’t loose sight of that
And Str8up reaponds instantly to listings and even text messages once you pay. They are on top of it!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Ill work on the colors this weekend. 😊

Incredible, Successful life time career turning wrenches and now a future in Web site creation. Well Done.
Correct, seems a little tweak on the colors,but keep that same atmosphere of class you created.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Incredible, Successful life time career turning wrenches and now a future in Web site creation. Well Done.
Correct, seems a little tweak on the colors,but keep that same atmosphere of class you created.

Thanks man.

I've been playing around building websites since 07, and my wife got me interested in computers since before anyone ever heard of Windows.

I'm the wanna be website designer. 😝

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And to be honest...

The vision/design/inspiration is mostly RD's. I'm just making it happen for him.

It takes a village.

👍🏼

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Everything seems nicely laid out on my desktop running chrome. That bright gold font on the top nav bar pops nicely, the dull light gold for the item description might look decorative, but not easy or all that pleasant to read.
But when it comes to web sites, I've always preferred function over form. If it's easy to navigate, easy to read and I can easily find when I'm seeking, I'm happy and will most likely return. If I have to wade through to much marketing glitz to find the substance, I'm outta there.

Very nice, other than the dull item description/details font. 👍👍👍

Played around with the colors over the weekend. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

6 balls

Reaction score
Much better…

Placed an ad for my sandrail last Friday, after an edit the ad disappeared.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Much better…

Placed an ad for my sandrail last Friday, after an edit the ad disappeared.

Ill mention this to Tyler. Any edits need to be approved, same as the original ads.

Dave wants the site to be safe for everyone. Manual approvals are the only way to accomplish that. 👍🏼

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Nice site best of luck, I'm just not a huge fan of the green in the item description, looks a little out of place. Also it might be nice if the price of the item was more prominent in the listing when you click on it. Just my 2 cents.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Do I have to wait until the ad is approved to add more pictures?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
If I was to judge the book by the cover, I would say I couldn't buy much on that site, looks pretty high end.
I suppose that is where all the money is!

Good luck I think it will do well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do I have to wait until the ad is approved to add more pictures?

If the ad changes at all it will habe to be approved. If it isn’t approved then yes you’d have to wait for it to be approved then change and approve again. It will be pretty quick when it’s 100% up and it’s a day job. Right now there are still a lot of things going on behind the scenes and people learning their roles and how to fulfill them etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If I was to judge the book by the cover, I would say I couldn't buy much on that site, looks pretty high end.

Lol. Fine line between the swap meet and the rob report I suppose. 😳🤪

240Hallett

Reaction score

Apparently you haven’t seen my ad yet!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sold my enclosed trailer in less than 24 hrs. on the Syndicate, just had to wait on funds to be delivered and trailer to be picked up.
It has been listed on RDP classifieds for a couple weeks with no sale, screw that place lol. Thanks RD!

😳

Icky

Reaction score
Once it gets rolling I think it will need more categories.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sold my enclosed trailer in less than 24 hrs. on the Syndicate, just had to wait on funds to be delivered and trailer to be picked up.
It has been listed on RDP classifieds for a couple weeks with no sale, screw that place lol jk. Thanks RD!

If you write a testimony without the fuck rdp part I will put it up. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Once it gets rolling I think it will need more categories.

What other categories?

I am surprised at how quickly things are moving for as little audience as it has right now. I’m gonna really start promoting it here shortly. We have already sold a few things on it.

Icky

Reaction score
What other categories?

I am surprised at how quickly things are moving for as little audience as it has right now. I’m gonna really start promoting it here shortly. We have already sold a few things on it.
I think "rolls" covers alot of areas. Trailers, Rvs, sandrails, sxs, cars, trucks, motorcycle etc.Let's say there are a hundred listings or more and I'm only looking for a truck. I have to wade trough a bunch 99 listing to see there's only 1 truck.

It would be nice to be able to subscribe/ unsubscribe to certain sections as well. Let's say I'm watching sandrails, I'd like to know when something new is posted.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think "rolls" covers alot of areas. Trailers, Rvs, sandrails, sxs, cars, trucks, motorcycle etc.Let's say there are a hundred listings or more and I'm only looking for a truck. I have to wade trough a bunch 99 listing to see there's only 1 truck.

It would be nice to be able to subscribe/ unsubscribe to certain sections as well. Let's say I'm watching sandrails, I'd like to know when something new is posted.

Click on “rolls”. Report back

Icky

Reaction score

Edit, I realized there are categories now. But from the home page that wasn't clear to me. It just says rolls and not subcategories until you scroll down or use the search

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Edit, I realized there are categories now. But from the home page that wasn't clear to me. It just says rolls and not subcategories until you scroll down or use the search

If it rolls ya click that and more categories come up. I do need an engine / parts section

Icky

Reaction score
If it rolls ya click that and more categories come up. I do need an engine / parts section
From the home page, rolls takes you to browse ads. Then you have to scroll down to the bottom and click the "full screen" icon to expand the categories holding the phone in portrait mode on a Galaxy s20 ultra. In landscape mode I see it on the right hand side.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
From the home page, rolls takes you to browse ads. Then you have to scroll down to the bottom and click the "full screen" icon to expand the categories holding the phone in portrait mode on a Galaxy s20 ultra. In landscape mode I see it on the right hand side.

Correct.

Every website displays differently on different devices. At least it should anyway...

To see the computer version on something as small as a cell phone display would be Very difficult to deal with!

It's a challenge for sure to design and implement something that looks good across multiple displays Things will always be different in landscape vs. portrait mode.

It will also be different on a tablet as well.

So much fun! 😝

Taboma

Reaction score
Played around with the colors over the weekend. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Sorry I hadn't been on the site to check it out until this morning. Looks great, now it's so easy to read in Dark mode, huge improvement and I think it really pops 👍👍👍

6 balls

Reaction score
3C571586-A6BE-4A72-BBC2-67C21DDD2008.png

C2AADB29-012C-43FE-9001-17C75BEFB808.png

Flatsix66

Reaction score
For some reason my company blocks access to the site.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
By the way you guys will get a kick out of the latest listing. Half a million dollar overland camper made out of a command center. 😳

Thinking about bringing it to the sand and water expo. 😍

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Maybe I’m miss somethin? Posted this in the lounge and never got an answer.

I notice now when you hit classifieds it goes to you new site “toy sindicate” but adds in old thread have not been transferred. And I don’t see those adds under the forum boats and watercraft. Are those adds gone now and we have to create new adds at new site. Kind of a pain.
New site looks nice but I assume it will be awhile until it has the traffic of this place.

Taboma

Reaction score
By the way you guys will get a kick out of the latest listing. Half a million dollar overland camper made out of a command center. 😳

Thinking about bringing it to the sand and water expo. 😍

Considering how impressive the quarters and electrical components appear, I was a bit taken back by the stark military appearance of the cab. I'd have thought whoever did the conversion would have at minimum visited a wrecking yard and splurged for some more comfortable seating. I get that it's all about the rugged outdoors, but sheesh, why suffer through a long slow journey to get there for close to a half million $$$.

If you're interested there's more in depth info, like power, MPG, etc etc on the couple's vehicle web site --- https://m1087fmtv.com/

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I notice now when you hit classifieds it goes to you new site “toy sindicate” but adds in old thread have not been transferred. And I don’t see those adds under the forum boats and watercraft. Are those adds gone now and we have to create new adds at new site. Kind of a pain.
New site looks nice but I assume it will be awhile until it has the traffic of this place.

I'm going to say this is Tyler's department. He should be moving things over soon?

@RiverDave

hman442

Reaction score
I typed in Toy Syndicate on my phone (chrome), a bunch of anime & toy action figures came up, scrolled down, never did find this one. Does that just take time, or can you get your site to the top ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I typed in Toy Syndicate on my phone (chrome), a bunch of anime & toy action figures came up, scrolled down, never did find this one. Does that just take time, or can you get your site to the top ?

Takes time. The guy that has all that kid toy stuff has been online for ages!

Once he knows about Our TS, he's going to do what he has to to counter.

Who will get the most benefit? Google. They make a fortune on their paid ads!

What you can do is...

Keep scrolling until you see the actual The Toy Syndicate url. The more it gets clicked on, the faster it will get to the top. Dave thanks you! 👍🏼

P.S. searching for "the toy syndicate" should help as well.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What makes you think I have control over his companies internet policies? 😝

Who knows why they blocked it? I'm pretty sure @Shlbyntro is right. 👍🏼😁

I am unsure how websites are categorized with blocking softwares.. but if this one isn’t blocked and that one is.. something ain’t right lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I need to reach out to the actual classifieds that were posted and have the people post them.

I am going to make an announcement in the forum classifieds.

The paid forums Will remain.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am unsure how websites are categorized with blocking softwares.. but if this one isn’t blocked and that one is.. something ain’t right lol

One would think that for sure!!! 😂

But you'd have to know that what you are saying IS the actual case. Maybe he was on his personal phone, and looked up TTS on his work computer?

Still, it's out of our control. Unless, you can bribe his IT guy of course. ;)