WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The "TRUTH" is interesting.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have been watching with interest the continuing story of Captain Brett Crozier of the Aircraft carrier Teddy Rosevelt being relieved of Command as told by the NAVY. He has been just trashed for the total lack of judgement and disregard for the "Chain Of Command" sending out approx. ten E Mails detailing his concern of the Virus spreading through the Ship under his Command.

Well today on FOX the retired Military spokesman explained a very different story reminding me of Former Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher. Captain Crozier contacted six steps in the COC and received NO response OR assistance,so at last resort he did send out the E mails in concern for the Men under his watch and his Love for them. This source has E mails documenting his attempt at assistance in the very possible placing an important part of the US Military in a Quarantine situation and the numerous health issues of the Men aboard. This source also in so upset that now the Navy is exploring more serious charges and planning a trial,just as Gallagher. These document are going to be forwarded to the proper Departments and authorities to take a 100% independent look at what did happen how it happened and when it happened.
ia watched the Video yesterday of the "Captain walking down the gangway tothe in unison "Captain Crozier" over and over and over I got goose Bumps watching thousands of men displaying their Respect and love for their Captain it was incredible and not how someone who did anything wrong would have ever been treated.

When he reached the end of the gangway he saluted the Officer there to pick him up then turned around to look at the Ship,the Men he would not longer be in Command of,then Saluted his Men and left.

I do pray that this continues up to President Trump for his review as in the Gallagher Case. The source stated the US Navy has been in serious decline for years and this is a disgrace and a clear organized effort to put a Scapegoat in the "BULLSEYE" to deflect the real reason this event occured.

Again he stressed the US Military and Navy can NOT lose Men like this, Not Now, Not Ever.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I'm not arguing with any of the info or opinions you posted. And I distrust the government and the military for how they handle things.

But I also know how important discipline is and how the buck always stops with a ship's captain and how he's responsible for discipline, holding the line and doing what he's expected/required to do.

I'm not in a position to judge Captain Crozier and while I feel bad for him I am certain there are at least 2 more sides to this story (two sides plus the truth = 3 sides)

hawgty55

Reaction score
My nieces husband is on that boat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200404-144622_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200404-144622_Facebook.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 234

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I'm not arguing with any of the info or opinions you posted. And I distrust the government and the military for how they handle things.

But I also know how important discipline is and how the buck always stops with a ship's captain and how he's responsible for discipline, holding the line and doing what he's expected/required to do.

I'm not in a position to judge Captain Crozier and while I feel bad for him I am certain there are at least 2 more sides to this story (two sides plus the truth = 3 sides)

I agree,but after what I have seen,with past Military Justice? I'll be happy to see the whole story,but from what I have read/seen someone needs to answer some difficult questions and it is Not Captain Crozier as everyuthing he has done is in plain sight.

If what I saw from his Men oboard that Ship is ANY indication of their Confidence and Trust Then I'm on his side until I see different. Did he or did ne not obey the Chain of Command and if so WHY did he not receive the help he felt needed in a mounting Virus Crisis?

530RL

Reaction score
You don’t become the Captain of one of the 13 Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers in the American arsenal if you are an idiot or are not exceptional at your political and organizational skills.

When this Captain hit send, he knew his career was over. I can’t believe he would have taken such a drastic action if he had not come to the conclusion that he had no choice in his responsibility to his senior officers and those young men and women for whom he was responsible.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I also saw the story on FOX this morning. It appears as if he did try the chain of command without success. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this situation.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
You don’t become the Captain of one of the 13 Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers in the American arsenal if you are an idiot or are not exceptional at your political and organizational skills.

When this Captain hit send, he knew his career was over. I can’t believe he would have taken such a drastic action if he had not come to the conclusion that he had no choice in his responsibility to his senior officers and those young men and women for whom he was responsible.

Exac

Fox just announced that 155 Sailors have tested positive. The Captain was worried about this long ago. I can only assume this is going to get worse

HotRod82

Reaction score
Crozier's heart may have been in the right place, but he announced to the world that a US aircraft carrier was not combat ready. This is information our enemies should not be aware of. While he announced this to the world, the chinese sank two fishing boats in the S. China sea. The Roosevelt is a key piece in a very high stakes game....I agree he knew his career was over when he pushed the send button.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If men and women's lives were at risk, he made the call based on that I hope. Drawing attention to the ship not being battle ready is a fault. What about the security and readiness of the battle group? If he saved lives, it was a good call...so long as the Chicoms didn't sink any of our assets.

I used to sweat worrying about 10-20 guys working for and with me...how heavy a load does this captain carry every day?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Crozier's heart may have been in the right place, but he announced to the world that a US aircraft carrier was not combat ready. This is information our enemies should not be aware of. While he announced this to the world, the chinese sank two fishing boats in the S. China sea. The Roosevelt is a key piece in a very high stakes game....I agree he knew his career was over when he pushed the send button.

The reason that happened ,is the Sacred Chain Of Command let him down and was On His own.

He sacrificed his career for the Health and Safety of his Men.

I really hope this does go to a Trial as in the Gallaghar deal, because the Navy did commit Perjury to save their ASS. There is Now E Mail evidence of his attempt to do as Protocol requires.

Although,what has been stated earlier that there are three sides to every story. I believe it is back to only ONE= Did He Attempt the COC or Did He Not?

Universal Elements

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yep

Wow, that's an eye opener. If true, sounds like the Capt. messed up. The part about "unsecured email transmission" is not good at all.

Not to be questioning anyone's choices or decisions, but how long has Crozier been in command of the ship? Was he one of the guys that was placed after the Pacific cleansing 5 or 6 years ago?

Universal Elements

Reaction score

HotRod82

Reaction score
The reason that happened ,is the Sacred Chain Of Command let him down and was On His own.

He sacrificed his career for the Health and Safety of his Men.

I really hope this does go to a Trial as in the Gallaghar deal, because the Navy did commit Perjury to save their ASS. There is Now E Mail evidence of his attempt to do as Protocol requires.

Although,what has been stated earlier that there are three sides to every story. I believe it is back to only ONE= Did He Attempt the COC or Did He Not?

As I said previously, his heart may have been in the right place but you can't publicly announce to our enemies that one of our AC's isn't battle ready. So in the end it doesn't matter whether he went up the CoC or not, you can't do what he did for any reason no matter how noble.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
As I said previously, his heart may have been in the right place but you can't publicly announce to our enemies that one of our AC's isn't battle ready. So in the end it doesn't matter whether he went up the CoC or not, you can't do what he did for any reason no matter how noble.

That just reinforces the report that the US Navy is a Mess and has been getting worse for years.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Fox just reported that Captain Crozier has the "Virus"

This Saga continues.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
My niece just got out of the Navy and her husband is still in, matter if fact he is in quarantine in Virginia right now. The word around the bases is this guy needed to be removed from command, they understand the virus is bad but, this guy put every person on that ship in harm's way with no chance of recovery if the ship was overtaken, not by the virus but potential enemy's knowing it wasnt 100%! You agree in joining you have a significant job, and that is to SERVE AND PROTECT THE UNITED STATES OF AMARICA!! Good heart or not, they feel they have a chance of recovery from the virus, if this guys breech was acted upon by the wrong people they(we) would be fighting a complete different fight!!

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Watching several thousand Sailors Chanting his name over and over Speaks volumes and is all I need to see and unterstand what the Sailors UNDER his command felt about him, NOT the word around any base.

AND

Why have a Chain Of Command when every one of those steps receive no assistance.

I guess the people who felt he should be removed =got their wish.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

And here's the original story:

I do know the US Navy's brass has a not very good history of doing the right thing

Looking Glass

Reaction score

I do know the US Navy's brass has a not very good history of doing the right thing

THANK-YOU!!

Looking Glass

Reaction score

Did you see the Sec. of th Navy,just could not keep his mouth shut and called Crozier Stupid and several other names. A firstorm erupted and there are calls for his job. The President addressed it today in his Virus Briefing and said he was going to gather All the documents and do an investigation.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I saw that..... and even if Captain Crozier needed to be fired it seems to me that he sure as hell did it the wrong way.

Maybe the Sec. is protecting Crozier from more punishment down the road by making people think he's had enough with the verbal lashing the Sec. dished out while on the ship today??

Fact is: Crozier was not getting the help he wanted from the chain of command, and this is why he shot gunned the email.

Justfishing

Reaction score
I agree and was wondering if anyone had the same thought i did. The situation on the ship is national security, seems like it is classified information. A very serious breach in my opinion.

He may not have liked how things are being handled but it is not his right to make it public.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Secretary of the Navy turned in his resignation today...
Chain if command was broken, good or bad. I hope the sailors are well.
Sounds like those in command, it would appear, weren't the better men. There are ways to act when in a leadership position.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Sounds like those in command, it would appear, weren't the better men. There are ways to act when in a leadership position.

Reading an article today that was focused on the Former Commander of the Teddy Roseveldt. He has known Former Commander for years and stated that he would go to bat for him any time, place and any situation. He said that although crozier was an Excellent Helicopter Pilot he then made the very rare jump to Fighter Pilot. Then several members of his Graduating Naval Academy Class continued with the praise and confidence stating that this had to be a Last resort to send the E Mail. The Former Commander also confirmed that the Chain Of Command was followed to the letter and crozier after receiving no help continued to the next level and finally sent the letter to several other "NAVY" personel and NOT the news media and was betrayed by what he considered a friend who did "LEAK" it to the press. The former Commander confirmed that the Navy was still in a total mess of finger pointing and blaming from the Navy Seal Gallagher and their Total Uncontrolled anger at President Trump for stepping in to Pardon him. He is now the Air Freight Director for Amazon after leaving the Navy because of it's total breakdown that continued to increase during the Obama years and could see the future and took retirement. The feeling if ALL the facts come out that other Navy Brass will be gone,one way or another. The fact that they are willing to release an Asset that took years to educate and mold speaks volumes of the Navy and the Department Of defense. He said once more the "LETTER" would never have been sent if the Chain Of Command worked as intended. He stated that his Loyalty is to His Friend and not the Navy who he has watched using good innocent Men to take the fall for their unbelievable lack of leadership and Honor. His statements along with all of his Classmates and how he was treated while leaving the Ship for his last time is all I need to believe the original story and will be very interested how far this goes and if Justice will prevail as this Man feels it needs to for the Morale of every member of the Navy and then the remainder of our Military damaged during the Obama years.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
What did YOGI say?

IT AIN'T OVER TIL IT's OVER!!

Ret. Jack Keane just spoke that the former resigned Sec. of the Navy was in Military contact AND Private Cell phones Cell contact days before his firing of Cammander Crozier. He even offered to fly out to assist in the Virus problem on the ship,which was strongly rejected. Gen. Keane stated that there is a paper trail of crozier contacting all five generals above him in the "CHAIN" and that In his opinion the E Mail was to document his attempts and concern which was ignored. The real Classic was Modly after the firing did fly out to the Teddy Roseveldt and on the loud speaker trash Crozier the Navy and Joe Biden. Everyone was looking at each other as in "WHAT"? Then the same thousands of Sailors who Chanted the Fired Commanders Name when leaving his Command loudly BOOED the Sec. Of The Navy.

I am betting the Navy is going to suck this mess up, blame everything on Modly and reinstate a Commander that had a Spotless career and attempted everything by the Book.

530RL

Reaction score
Here is a little irony.

The Secretary of the Navy states that Crozier was either too stupid or too naive to send that memo, "in this day and age of media" and not expect it to get out.

But is then surprised when he makes inflammatory comments on a loudspeaker to over 3,000 of Croziers sailers and those comments get out........after he called Crozier an idiot.

Humans have an amazing ability to ignore their own advice........and then lose their jobs......

Taboma

Reaction score
Two questions --- Because I don't watch the news and RDP news is often just a copy and paste of it anyway.

Who authorized the TR's shore leave in Nam ? Crozier ?

Why does Crozier have generals in his direct up chain of command and not Admirals ?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Two questions --- Because I don't watch the news and RDP news is often just a copy and paste of it anyway.

Who authorized the TR's shore leave in Nam ? Crozier ?

Why does Crozier have generals in his direct up chain of command and not Admirals ?

It was listed very clearly 5= Generals. I suppose that could have a misprint, but it was what was in the interview. The shore leave was a pre arranged stop/layover.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Modly's unauthorized trip to Guam on a VIP Modified Gulfstream to do ? other than get himself out of a job,cost the Navy/US $6,946.19 per hr. for a total of $243,151.65.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It was also on the news that the Nimitz is having some infection cases as well. I didn't hear numbers though. Sadly, we shouldn't be surprised. These things are floating cities. If one sailor comes on board, lots will get sick due to the confinements.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It was also on the news that the Nimitz is having some infection cases as well. I didn't hear numbers though. Sadly, we shouldn't be surprised. These things are floating cities. If one sailor comes on board, lots will get sick due to the confinements.

BUT!!, kind of the Point here. The Commander did go through the Sacred Chain Of Command and now documented by at least two of those told him to "DEAL" with it. Now they are quick to crusify him for taking the drastic Measure that he knew would most likely destroy his Spotless career for his MEN. There is quite a bit of Finger pointing now in the Whole Dept. of Defence and according to all reports has been in a complete Disarray for years and is in long need of a Good House Cleaning. But in the mean time do not throw this Commander Under The Bus.

530RL

Reaction score
BUT!!, kind of the Point here. The Commander did go through the Sacred Chain Of Command and now documented by at least two of those told him to "DEAL" with it. Now they are quick to crusify him for taking the drastic Measure that he knew would most likely destroy his Spotless career for his MEN. There is quite a bit of Finger pointing now in the Whole Dept. of Defence and according to all reports has been in a complete Disarray for years and is in long need of a Good House Cleaning. But in the mean time do not throw this Commander Under The Bus.

Another opinion by a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under both an R and D.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
ONE LAST STEP!! The Navy has now recomended returning Captain Cozier to Command. IMO, just a matter formality now and the Navy AND Dept. Of Defense wants to close this ASAP.

This has been another PR Disaster.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
840 of the 4000 sailors tested positive. Odd that more did not. That’s about 21%. I do not believe they tested to see who had the anti-bodies. Would be interesting to see that very important number.

As well, none have died, and about 10% have recovered.

I would think if it continues and we lose no sailors, does this show the virus is not as deadly?

These are the questions our media is not asking.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
840 of the 4000 sailors tested positive. Odd that more did not. That’s about 21%. I do not believe they tested to see who had the anti-bodies. Would be interesting to see that very important number.

As well, none have died, and about 10% have recovered.

I would think if it continues and we lose no sailors, does this show the virus is not as deadly?

These are the questions our media is not asking.

One has died.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Tragic. Hopefully no more

Well!!, this is what Capt. Crozier was attempting to head off and was literally Ignored and Ridiculed. Then Now they have a problem on theri hands. The fact that this One Last Step is underconsiderating is a Disgrace. This is not under consideration, but I feel just delaying a bit before Reinstating the Capt. just to appear as they have looked at every piece of information.

YEA RIGHT!!

Crozier has 100% of the Crew's Confidence and there have been Dozens of E Mails and Letters to the Navy in this support. He should have never been relieved and they now know it and just attempting to reverse a Huge Mistake in the "CLEANEST" way possible.

There are more very sick and this info. continues to leak out, much to the Navy's outrage.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
ONE LAST STEP!! The Navy has now recomended returning Captain Cozier to Command. IMO, just a matter formality now and the Navy AND Dept. Of Defense wants to close this ASAP.

This has been another PR Disaster.

PR disaster?
Since when is military protocol and operations based on public relations?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Would you like some examples.

OR

Is this a Subject you feel there are No Examples?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Well, I'll be ordering my "CROW" as today the Navy said Capt. Crozier is NOT being reinstated to his Command. I feel that they waited long enough to let emotions calm down and slip it in while so many other things in the front of the News Today.

Never less I had not doubt would have been returned. I won't go over it all, but IMO the Navy as the other Branches do, cover the "ASS of the BRASS"

There was No Word on his future. I do hope for the best.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I can not stop thinking about this deal and how it has comparison's to Minneapolis Situation. The Navy determined The two Senior Commanders "didn't do enough, soon enough to stem the outbreak" on the Theeodore Roosevelt that sidelined the Carrier for 10 weeks in Guam. Admiril m ike Gilday the Chief of Naval Operations was suprised at this decision, as he recommended that the Captain be restored to his Command and felt there was no doubt he would be. When this event happened the Press went wild with Captain Crozier disobeyed the "Chain Of Command" they called him along with members in here going quite vocal on how stupid could he be? A Traitor, Un American, Does not understand the "Chain Of Command"

NOW!!

Some time later in Minneapolis, the same Press and Many in here are going ape Shit saying how could you stand there when a Man is being (?) F**K the "Chain Of Command", This can not be accepted, God Damn, I would have jumped in and knocked my Commander off, No way would I stand there. 🤔

Now in Both situations Lives were in Question = And the "Chain Of Command" was involved.

Interesting how the "PRESS" and "THE NAVY" and "THE PUBLIC" Tweak things so alike to their agenda and how the Political Winds are blowing.

I keep thinking for years and now in recent times Is there a "Chain of Command" or Not? and if there is, sure seems there are times it is one way and other times it is another.

This along with Eddie Gallagher's case have made it very clear how Honorable Military Justice is.

The statement = Talk The Talk = Then = Walk The Walk = Fits like a Glove.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
The old adage crap rolls downhill was in play here. As a retired sergeant I am VERY familiar with this concept, as I was at the bottom of the hill. I hope the man can move forward, either in the Navy, where he is cleary needed if not wanted, or elsewhere, and that someday we get to hear his side of the story, which will be interesting to say the least.