WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Truth, shall set me free

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Well, here goes. I really resent the term, but I use it because it's recognized and accepted.

I'm gay.

From some sixty + years of personal experience, I can tell you that there's not much gay about being homosexual. For the first twenty years of my life, I had to live in the shadows, in a culture that was at least outwardly totally hostile to any hint of that variation of life-style. At no time did I choose to adopt any protective coloration, though; my cultivation of a normal life with wife and kids was not at all a deception, but part of my costume as a conjuror.

Gradually, the general attitude that I'd perceived around me began to change, and presently I find that there has emerged a distinctly healthy acceptance of different social styles of living except, of course, in cultures that live in constant and abject fear of divine retribution for infractions found in the various Holy Books. In another two decades, I'm confident that young people will find themselves in a vastly improved atmosphere of acceptance.

Before publishing this statement, I chose to privately notify a number of my closest friends and colleagues none of whom, I'm sure, have been at all surprised at this coming out. I'm prepared to receive the inevitable barrage of jeers and insults from the grubbies out there who will jump to their keyboards in glee to notify others of their kind about this statement, which to them will be yet further proof of the perfidy of the rationalist mode of life that I have chosen. Those titters of joy will be unheard over the murmur of acceptance that I confidently expect from my friends.

This declaration of mine was prompted just last week by seeing an excellent film Behind the Candelabra starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon that told the story of Liberace. I'm in excellent company: Barney Frank, Oscar Wilde, Stephen Fry, Ellen DeGeneres, Rachel Maddow, are just a few of those who were in my thoughts as I pressed the key that placed this on RD's and before the whole world.

I should apologize for having used RDP as the venue to publish this note, an item that is hardly the focus of what we promote and publish here, but I chose the single most public asset I have to make this statement. It's from here that I have attacked irrationality, stupidity, and irresponsibility, and it is my broadest platform. Here is where I have chosen to stand and fight.

And I think that I have already won this battle by simply publishing this statement.

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Copy and paste always screws up the punctuation on here for some reason.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
RD's gonna really appreciate this great new boating content. :D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
"titers of joy???? that don't sound gay

did you watch the new movie.."this is the end?

Eli

Banned
Reaction score
I'm actually an "it" so who am I to judge ;)

If this is in fact a true coming out and someone didn't steal your phone and fuck with you then congrats on your very difficult task of telling the world that you're gay. Although I applaud your courage, keep in mind it's none of anyone's business who you chose to love and don't let judgmental people get you down.

On a side note I feel compelled to say that heterosexual women lost another good one to the other team! Just kidding!

tkrrox

Reaction score
Being my usual self, I'm confused. :D

does this mean you don't know which way you lean or you don't understand all the big words used???:D
if this is a real closet door opening then, good for you to each is own...you have the right to do what makes you happy.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You know how I know this isn't Skyskier??

Because it would've been written like this if it was LMAO

Well, .....................here goes. I really resent the term, but I use it ...................because it's recognized ......,,,,,and accepted.

I'm gay....Before .....................publishing ................this statement, ............I chose to privately ........................,.,,.notify a number of my closest .....................friends and colleagues none of whom, I'm sure,................. have been at all surprised at this coming out........... I'm prepared to ...................receive the inevitable barrage of jeers and insults from the ....................,,,.,,,.......grubbies out there who ...................will jump to their keyboards in glee to notify others of their kind .........................,,,,..about this statement, which to them .............................will be yet further proof of the perfidy of the .......,,,,.,................rationalist mode of life that I have chosen. .......................,,.,,,,,Those titters of joy will be unheard over the murmur of acceptance .............................,,,,that I confidently expect from my friends.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Well, here goes. I really resent the term, but I use it because it's recognized and accepted.

I'm gay.

From some sixty + years of personal experience, I can tell you that there's not much gay about being homosexual. For the first twenty years of my life, I had to live in the shadows, in a culture that was at least outwardly totally hostile to any hint of that variation of life-style. At no time did I choose to adopt any protective coloration, though; my cultivation of a normal life with wife and kids was not at all a deception, but part of my costume as a conjuror.

Gradually, the general attitude that I'd perceived around me began to change, and presently I find that there has emerged a distinctly healthy acceptance of different social styles of living except, of course, in cultures that live in constant and abject fear of divine retribution for infractions found in the various Holy Books. In another two decades, I'm confident that young people will find themselves in a vastly improved atmosphere of acceptance.

Before publishing this statement, I chose to privately notify a number of my closest friends and colleagues none of whom, I'm sure, have been at all surprised at this coming out. I'm prepared to receive the inevitable barrage of jeers and insults from the grubbies out there who will jump to their keyboards in glee to notify others of their kind about this statement, which to them will be yet further proof of the perfidy of the rationalist mode of life that I have chosen. Those titters of joy will be unheard over the murmur of acceptance that I confidently expect from my friends.

This declaration of mine was prompted just last week by seeing an excellent film Behind the Candelabra starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon that told the story of Liberace. I'm in excellent company: Barney Frank, Oscar Wilde, Stephen Fry, Ellen DeGeneres, Rachel Maddow, are just a few of those who were in my thoughts as I pressed the key that placed this on RD's and before the whole world.

I should apologize for having used RDP as the venue to publish this note, an item that is hardly the focus of what we promote and publish here, but I chose the single most public asset I have to make this statement. It's from here that I have attacked irrationality, stupidity, and irresponsibility, and it is my broadest platform. Here is where I have chosen to stand and fight.

And I think that I have already won this battle by simply publishing this statement.

But just in case. Let me quote it :D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I'm thinking that MilkMoney is just testing the water.......you know, to find out how Denny is accepted then MM can come out.......

AEA

Reaction score
If indeed this is true, I don't care one way or the other.

What I don't understand is why you , and others, need to make announcements.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

How many times have you posted this sentiment in threads where some guy writes something to the effect of, "I'd bang her like Bank of America foreclosing on the wrong house."?

AEA

Reaction score
How many times have you posted this sentiment in threads where some guy writes something to the effect of, "I'd bang her like Bank of America foreclosing on the wrong house."?

If you really care, you can look it up.

Director...
Reaction score
Son of a bitch

Sent from an undisclosed location.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Uh oh, 2forceful is probably blowing up RD's phone right now. :rolleyes

Hold on here Jack, if you just joined this month and 2FF has been PLAYER for more than a month.................WTF?

Ludicrous is that really you?

Come out come out whoever you are................

BH

Reaction score
Hold on here Jack, if you just joined this month and 2FF has been PLAYER for more than a month.................WTF?

Ludicrous is that really you?

Come out come out whoever you are................

BH

Go back to my second post where I said I was a long time lurker.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've always wondered why people have to come out. Just be gay or homosexual which ever term you prefer.

If indeed this is true, I don't care one way or the other.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

I'm gay.

Damn Denny! :eek

Did you ever do Raquel Welch? RR would like to know. :D

dribble

Reaction score
Barney Frank? Excellent company? Barney Frank? Yeah right.

DrHW

Reaction score
Honestly, it makes no difference to me what your life style choice is. My kids taught me when they were in High School & College that to each, his or her own. Everyone should be happy in life.

We have a Niece that I have known since she was a Baby that has chosen her own path. Loved her then and love her now. Always will. Not my path but we do not want our Children jumping off bridges because someone else told them they should not be happy.

If this is humor, then I wasted two minutes off my life in it. Its ok... take care.

underpressure

Reaction score
Congrats, I guess? I don't personally care what anyone's sexual preference is and don't really get the need to "come out". But WTH, if it makes you feel better, go for it!

Now, to say that "you're in good company with the likes of Barney Frank, Rachel Maddow, Elen DeGeneres" et al (you left out ole Harvey) - well I wouldn't agree that being lumped in with that crowd is necessarily a good thing! But again, to each his own...

If this is a joke, someone got you good!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
you fukinfuktard :skull....................be sure an call me when you're makin your next flight , I'll have a "guiding light" waiting for ya :skull
hamas_w_rocket_launcher.jpg

JL2Party

Reaction score
Congratulations, RDP still requires pic of boat and significant other:)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Congrats...are you a taker or a giver?:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Director...
Reaction score
Love is In the air....:p

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
How was your day on the lake Denny? Bwaaaahahahaaaa! :D

I had a fabulous day on the lake , full of pretty skies & rainbows an shit :skull................since you OBVIOUSLY have NOTHING important to do, come over an help me clean up the boat :skull

Now who would do a thing like that? :D

some asshole with NOTHING important to do THAT's who :D

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 11

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I had a fabulous day on the lake , full of pretty skies & rainbows an shit :skull................since you OBVIOUSLY have NOTHING important to do, come over an help me clean up the boat :skull

About dinner tonight, I don't think I can make it maybe another time. :D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
About dinner tonight, I don't think I can make it maybe another time. :D

No worries pal :) I KNOW you'll be over for dinner sooner or later, rest assured, I WILL be doing the cooking that night :D...............

slowride

Reaction score
I guess with the "acceptance" of gays, you should take it as a compliment that NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Hardly a badge of honor as gays are the only ones so preoccupied with their sexual orientation. Gays in general would be considered "normal people" sooner if they stopped drawing attention to what makes them different and just related to others in a "normal" fashion. Or heteros should become more vocal about NOT being gay?

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Or heteros should become more vocal about NOT being gay?

Should we start writing, "I'd hit it." several times per post, instead of just in response to every picture of every woman to ever be posted on the web site? Crank our balls up to 11? :D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score

I'm gay.

Are you trying to tell us you bought a jet bote?