WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The usual Christmas Conundrum, what to get the wife?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Please share your gift ideas for your significant other.

My wife has the frustrating habit of buying herself stuff all year round. I'm thinking that (whatever item) would have been a good gift. Hard to buy something for her.
I assume others have the same issue. What's going to be under the tree??

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
🤫🤭🤗
Screenshot_20211202-101318_Chrome.jpg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have the same problem, so she buys what she wants throughout the year and we just do the kids.....

I might get her a new blow dryer....she talks about the Dyson one for a little but. Shes uses one everyday....

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
We just had to do a 4k main sewer line repair this week so the wife is getting a sewer pipe for christmas. 😆

In all honesty my go to is a bottle of nice perfume every year. Chanel has been her favorite the past 3 years.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have the same problem, so she buys what she wants throughout the year and we just do the kids.....

I might get her a new blow dryer....she talks about the Dyson one for a little but. Shes uses one everyday....

We have the dyson... its pricey but its actually a very nice unit.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score

My wife has the frustrating habit of buying herself stuff all year round. I'm thinking that (whatever item) would have been a good gift. Hard to buy something for her.
My wife does the same thing. Then she tells me "I bought myself a Christmas present" I say "Merry Christmas" and think "That was easy". I still go out and buy her some ear rings or something.

I always tell her if you see something you like, buy it. It may not be there if you think about and then go back to get it and you'll be SOL. ;)

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Same boat as you all. Wife’s buys throughout the year. I usually surprise her with jewelry. Bought her diamond earrings for her birthday last month, and am thinking gold for Christmas. She wants a small necklace and chain bracelet.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
new thongs, usually some nice fluffy socks house shoes, gift card to her favorite place to get her nails done. Her favorite bottle of wine. Last year did her favorite bottle of wine engraved with our wedding date info. This year taking the marriage license to a friend that has a glowfordge and going to have it copied/burned into a piece of wood as decor.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
We really don’t buy each other Christmas gifts anymore because everyday is like phucking Christmas around here. For instance, last week, I ”upgraded” her wedding ring for our 10 year anniversary (a year late, but I still did it). Oh, and she’s getting a swimming pool this year also. We do stockings for each other though. We have girls that are 7 and 9, so they get all the attention for Christmas.

WYRD

Reaction score

Wife loves hers (Last years present) this year its a new washer/ dryer. We usually get something small for each other and a big present together for something practical we need anyways

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Wife loves hers (Last years present) this year its a new washer/ dryer. We usually get something small for each other and a big present together for something practical we need anyways

Sounds like this thing is a winner.... good, cause I have my MIL getting one for me now...

fingers crossed our washer/dryer is still working... don't want to buy them till we move houses..

Might upgrade the oven/dishwasher though.... we put standard white ones in building the house 9yrs ago, I have already replaced the cook top to a 36" wide and a industrial vent hood. Never got around to the other items...IDK.....

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
At her request I bought tix for comedian Brad Anderson (one very funny mofo) on NYE in San Diego along with 2 nights at a funky boutique hotel in the Gaslamp. Many killer restaurants and bars within stumbling distance so hopefully we won't even have to mess with Uber.
In her stocking will be something sexy, some specialty chocolate, and anything else that I see between now and then.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Damnit you beat me to it!

We buy what we need/want throughout the year and usually do minor gifts. We both got new Forloh winter gear essentially, which is pretty awesome stuff US made, Montana based. Starting the 16th we're on trips to WA and HI so that's honestly enough lol

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have my wife email me a list (with links sizes and colors) so I know I'm not wasting money on things she doesn't want. Kills the surprise, but I'm not capable of guessing what she wants.
I go a step further and have her send the links of what she wants. This year it’s shoes. Sun glasses. And something else. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Once I cover what’s on the list, I can pick something I think she’d like to return.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
My wife's birthday is on Christmas Eve so I get to deal with double the bullshit

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We are going back to Quinn's Hot Springs in July. I think you should buy her a summer trip to Montana!

Seriously, I think at this age, experience gifts are the best.

That being said, I have a Pinterest board titled "Gift Ideas for Angie." I put things on it all year and my mom, Jeff, and kids know where to find things that I like. I got this idea from my genius daughter :)

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Yea, my wife is great for getting stuff and never using it. Shopping is challenging to say the least. I have bought many clothes and other stuff only to have it still in storage. It gets worn once to say she wore it and then stashed.

This year she is getting a furniture grade dog crate for the living room. Her idea, not mine. I am just trying to get it together. Most of the commercial ones are total junk. On the other hand, this will be a wonderful end table that happens to house a 75 lb wire hair. But its costing me a small fortune to get it made.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have everyone make an Amazon gift list (it doesn’t have to come from Amazon) .
I always tell everyone that if isn’t on the list then don’t expect it.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Thankfully I get gift credits for time spent in the snow with my inlaws. Putting on shoes and pants seems like a sacrifice, but idle time with the FIL can be hazardous to my liver.

grumpy88

Reaction score
You can never go wrong with jewelry.
Actually i have ! I have spent many thousands on stuff that sits in a safe because she really does not like it . Oh well it was the thought .

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

I've never been disappointed with a Blue Box.

Go to Tiffany and Co. and pick out something she does not have, even if it is not her normal style, it's from you, that you thought fit her.

DC-88

Reaction score
0E120580-24AC-4DBB-AE88-09B605781DB2.jpeg
Actually i have ! I have spent many thousands on stuff that sits in a safe because she really does not like it . Oh well it was the thought .
Same here, but I blew up a couple motors and bought enough shit for myself this year that I wanted to do something cool for her. I got some input in advance before I got this made …. So I hope it pans out for both of us 🤣

grumpy88

Reaction score
Same here, but I blew up a couple motors and bought enough shit for myself this year that I wanted to do something cool for her. I got some input in advance before I got this made …. So I hope it pans out for both of us 🤣
Very nice !