WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The usual Christmas Conundrum, what to get the wife?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Many lifetimes ago, as a young man newly married for the first time, I bought my young wife a very expensive stainless steel mixer for Christmas. Like grandma used to have. I remember how proud I was when she opened it Christmas morning!
I also remember the utter disappointment on her face as she stared at her Christmas “present”.
I remembered that lesson my entire life and still today.
Men, no matter what she says or how she acts, SPOIL her on that morning. (I always did year round anyway, but that morning is special).
It doesn’t have to be expensive, just from the heart. It means more to them than the actual gift.

gqchris

Reaction score
Every year guys say “oh my wife doesnt care, we have an agreement”. Ok. Thats cool. But deep down they care. It doesnt have to be extravagant. Suprise em. Especially if they treat ya good and let you buy boat shit!

Joker

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out where to do a quick trip instead of wasting money on gifts. It’s not like we’re 5 years old any more and hoping Santa eats the cookies.
In all reality, we all probably have what we need and I’m tired of trying to out do each other with the amount spent.
How long til 12/26?

probablecause

Reaction score
If you dont know what to get her, then you have not trained her to tell you "EXACTLY" what she wants. I mean all the way down to serial/part number for clothes or whatever. The Xmas that brought her on board was when I got her a Harbor Freight gif card.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Louis Vuitton wallet and AirPod pro’s, then some random bullshit.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I’ve already given my wife her present, a 2017 C7 Corvette. It was and still is a great present and I get to use it

BFB30FBA-42A6-4298-AD54-15FD2E9DA7CA.jpeg

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Same here
Wife buys what ever she need all year .
Few nights ago I told her I should buy her a new Cobra . Damn
She said let go next week .

Then I woke up lol lol lol

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Every year guys say “oh my wife doesnt care, we have an agreement”. Ok. Thats cool. But deep down they care. It doesnt have to be extravagant. Suprise em. Especially if they treat ya good and let you buy boat shit!

Preach!

Debbie loved fast things. Cars, boats, anything crazy stupid fast she was down.

Zero governor.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
" Nothing " is to good for my girl so that what she is getting .... Just kidding but , we quit doing gifts years ago.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Honestly, buy her 20 tiny gifts. The value does not matter. The fact that you could find 20 things she even likes or is fond of it what really matters.

Old bands she used to love, shoes, tiny pins with butterflies/dolphins/dragons whatever, hair bands, old clothing/tee shirts of places you have been, shit the list is endless.

Just like if she bought you your dream car/boat/toy, it means she is actually tuned in, and loves you enough to pay attention.

Show her you give a fuck.

Good luck!

DLC

Reaction score
My trophy wife and I tend to buy bigger matching items we both want for Christmas - couple gifts

we got some HOT ROD patio chairs $1,000.00 bucks ea for the Hava house one year
another year
we bought a wall fountain outside our master bedroom ( we sleep with the patio door open and I get to dream of urinating all night from the water noise )
oh almost forget the 8 person patio table and chairs

we paid for a trip to Nashville but then Covid hit and we haven’t rescheduled it

we want to get E bikes to keep up with @DWC & Mrs. DWC and then do lunch on the island

and
we’ve been talking about a BIG ol Flag Pole for the Frt yard

lucky for me Louie Vuitton doesn’t have a purse that she likes….

Merry Christmas

Backlash

Reaction score
This year I spent a few bucks at Lululemon for my better half. It's nothing sexy or uber-expensive, but I learned my lesson after last year's Christmas gift idea.

I bought her some expensive diamond earrings just as she requested. Well, she got her ears pierced and her ears wouldn't heal correctly. So she was forced to let the holes close up to prevent continued infections (Not due to my earrings!). So after that debacle, those expensive diamond earrings just sit in a jewelry box. 🙄

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You guys fronting household items like appliances and vacuums slay me. I did that once. Once.
Sure you can get away with that, but you're not really getting her "knees all knocking when you turn on the charm like that" .

A mix of experience and some stuff goes a long way.

A weekend at the 4 seasons (or other high end joint maybe a short drive away) with a spa and mani /pedi package for her and sauna for you.
Lounge at the pool for some drinks. Go out to eat and order some stuff into the room.
Give her a break from the cooking and cleaning.
A saks fight avenue or suitable high end gift card lets her get what she wants from a clothes shoes, perfume or accessories.
Sure you can pick up a bottle of channel #5, but let her buy the clothes - you'll never get that shit right unless its casual wear.

A weekend of pampering shopping, lounging and of course the payoff to you - an alaskan snow blower + takin the skin boat to tuna town - with the extras you really like vs just the basics.

Couple gift cards and reservation data, in a small boxes gives her something under the tree to open.
You can get it all arranged in under an hour and boom your done.

Scale up or down each part to hit a budget.

Last edited:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
She just got a Red dot for her Glock 34 for her birthday... and it needs either a slide, or some time @ the shop to be able to install. So she is getting a slide and Barrel from Zaffiri.

And a waterfront home in NC.z

DWC

Reaction score
My trophy wife and I tend to buy bigger matching items we both want for Christmas - couple gifts

we got some HOT ROD patio chairs $1,000.00 bucks ea for the Hava house one year
another year
we bought a wall fountain outside our master bedroom ( we sleep with the patio door open and I get to dream of urinating all night from the water noise )
oh almost forget the 8 person patio table and chairs

we paid for a trip to Nashville but then Covid hit and we haven’t rescheduled it

we want to get E bikes to keep up with @DWC & Mrs. DWC and then do lunch on the island

and
we’ve been talking about a BIG ol Flag Pole for the Frt yard

lucky for me Louie Vuitton doesn’t have a purse that she likes….

Merry Christmas
I vote for the bikes👍

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Many lifetimes ago, as a young man newly married for the first time, I bought my young wife a very expensive stainless steel mixer for Christmas. Like grandma used to have. I remember how proud I was when she opened it Christmas morning!
I also remember the utter disappointment on her face as she stared at her Christmas “present”.
I remembered that lesson my entire life and still today.

This made me laugh like hell Tommy as I got caught in the same trap.

Christmas of 98 I decided to buy my then new wife all the things for our then new to us house she had told me she wanted. (I got along fine without any of this)

I bought a slew of small appliances ( a bosch stand mixer and cuisinart thing among them) and put a number of the things in a set of high end stainless steel trash cans we both saw and said would be cool to have.

It was a couple grand worth of stuff that was tough to spend mainly because she showed up without her smallish part of the deposit money she agreed on to buy the house- plus an extra 14K bill to move all her shit from Montreal.

Life with her started as a series of ball kicks from day 1, and continued that way until I pulled the plug.

All I heard forever more until the day we divorced is that " I bought her garbage cans" for Christmas.

Hilariously - when she left she made sure those trash cans went with her..

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
I just got the wife some small stuff this year, but paid off a couple of her bills for Nov and Dec. She was happy about the bills.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
We're headed to Vegas on the 27th for 3 days so she'll spend more than enough there.

Icky

Reaction score
No joking, I got her mop slippers!!!! Amazon for the win.
Lol, I bought her pajamas jeans one year....... I think these should go over about the same

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Coach outlet is usually a good spot as well. Can’t go wrong with a coach purse.
I gave my wife a Coach purse once for our anniversary. A. I was off on the date by 1 week. B. She already had exactly the same purse with the exception of the hardware color.

Out of the hundreds of purses they make, what are the odds I would pick the same one she already had?

We still laugh about it 20 years later.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Whatever I buy, I just make sure the return policy is great, because its obviously is going to be the wrong color, size, shape, weight, or something I did wrong...

Normally I just tell her to buy herself whatever and put it under the tree so Im surprised when she opens it....lol

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
IDK, I got a Kitchen Aid mixer one year and was very excited. I see things like that just like you guys see tools for your shop. High-end tools make my job easier and make me enjoy cooking more. Got a gift card for William-Sonoma one year for my birthday (Dec 26 :rolleyes: ) and picked up the food processor attachment for the Kitchen Aid and a new knife. Guess I'm weird, maybe just rare ;)

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Women still go crazy over Tiffany stuff? thought Tiffany was 90's early 2000 stuff.

The wife keeps asking for a different vacuum, but I'll be damned to buy it....She can get it herself... lol

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Women still go crazy over Tiffany stuff? thought Tiffany was 90's early 2000 stuff.

The wife keeps asking for a different vacuum, but I'll be damned to buy it....She can get it herself... lol
Do not buy her a vacuum, at least not for Christmas.

That's an anniversary gift.

I'm joking. Do NOT do that either! But, you could buy it for her sometime in January for no particular reason.

Backlash

Reaction score
IDK, I got a Kitchen Aid mixer one year and was very excited. I see things like that just like you guys see tools for your shop. High-end tools make my job easier and make me enjoy cooking more. Got a gift card for William-Sonoma one year for my birthday (Dec 26 :rolleyes: ) and picked up the food processor attachment for the Kitchen Aid and a new knife. Guess I'm weird, maybe just rare ;)

I did the same, and thought she'd be thrilled with that gift! Nope, not even close. As a matter of fact, I dont even know where that sucker is! 😲

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Do not buy her a vacuum, at least not for Christmas.

That's an anniversary gift.

I'm joking. Do NOT do that either! But, you could buy it for her sometime in January for no particular reason.
ha ha ha..... She can get it anytime herself.

For me, I'll take cooking stuff all day. I don't get offended.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
You guys fronting household items like appliances and vacuums slay me. I didn't that once.
Sure you can get away with that, but you're not really getting her "knees all knocking when you turn on the charm like that" .

I may be dumb but I'm not stupid.. No way in hell would I buy my girl pots and pans, vacuums etc lol. Even being with someone for decades, it's all about giving them something they want, not need.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Couple of years ago Wife asked for a Dyson vacuum for Christmas. I got a house keeper to come twice a month and do the cleaning for her. Still getting kudos for that one.

Ghit

Reaction score
I have a test. Does she get bimonthly direct deposits throughout the year so she feels financially independent? Were all the needed small appliances replaced timely throughout the year? Did I purchase all the clothes and the accessories and all the other BS required to keep a woman functioning within american society? Yes, yes, and yes.

I find it is then best to unburden her from opening gifts and allow her to reflect on the birth of our lord and savior on christmas day. I advise her to share the joy of our children rather than dwell in the hollow consumerism her friends must be feeling as they open the chinese crap their husbands bought.

I guess what im saying is, give yourself a gift too, one day per year, on christmas. the gift of not having to care about female consumerist desire, cause it never ends.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I have a test. Does she get bimonthly direct deposits throughout the year so she feels financially independent? Were all the needed small appliances replaced timely throughout the year? Did I purchase all the clothes and the accessories and all the other BS required to keep a woman functioning within american society? Yes, yes, and yes.

I find it is then best to unburden her from opening gifts and allow her to reflect on the birth of our lord and savior on christmas day. I advise her to share the joy of our children rather than dwell in the hollow consumerism her friends must be feeling as they open the chinese crap their husbands bought.

I guess what im saying is, give yourself a gift too, one day per year, on christmas. the gift of not having to care about female consumerist desire, cause it never ends.
That goes for all the welfare recipients also. You bought them all the stuff they wanted