WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Wife RestauRANT Game

ssc

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has to play the Wife restauRANT game? Wife says," I'm hungry, lets go out to dinner/lunch/ breakfast." So off we go. I ask where she wants to go. "I don't care, anything is fine."

Then as I am driving, I am thinking this will not end well. Sure enough I get the, "Where are you going?" I know I am in trouble. I say, "RD's Chinese palace." Response," I don't want Chinese."

Ok, then where do you want to go and where do you not want to go? "I don't care." I do my best to hold my tongue. Sure enough, I get the ,"Where are you going?" BJ's Italian I answer. Then I get ,"There food is terrible." Sooo, I ask one last time,"Where do you want to go?" Response,"It doesn't matter to me." I answer, lets go to Maria's Mexican. Then I get," We went there last week."

I then say," If you don't tell me where you want to go, I'm going home." I again get the "I don't care." So off home I go and eat a peanut butter sandwich. Of course the wife is pissed and calls me an asshole. I guess it is all my fault.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Cheers, Steve

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The informant in the link is gold. I have only done it once but it worked flawlessly.

nameisbond

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons Id rather be single. I hate the restaurant or movie game!

ssc

Reaction score
I have tried the "guess where I'm taking you to dinner" routine. Big fail. Response, "I'm too hungry to play games, where are we going?"

And that's when the Headache starts. ;)

Cheers, Steve

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'll just drive to wherever comes to mind without saying a word. It usually is well recieved....or else the car keys get put in her hand:)

Boat 405

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has to play the Wife restauRANT game? Wife says," I'm hungry, lets go out to dinner/lunch/ breakfast." So off we go. I ask where she wants to go. "I don't care, anything is fine."

Then as I am driving, I am thinking this will not end well. Sure enough I get the, "Where are you going?" I know I am in trouble. I say, "RD's Chinese palace." Response," I don't want Chinese."

Ok, then where do you want to go and where do you not want to go? "I don't care." I do my best to hold my tongue. Sure enough, I get the ,"Where are you going?" BJ's Italian I answer. Then I get ,"There food is terrible." Sooo, I ask one last time,"Where do you want to go?" Response,"It doesn't matter to me." I answer, lets go to Maria's Mexican. Then I get," We went there last week."

I then say," If you don't tell me where you want to go, I'm going home." I again get the "I don't care." So off home I go and eat a peanut butter sandwich. Of course the wife is pissed and calls me an asshole. I guess it is all my fault.

Cheers, Steve

All the same here. I'm going to open a restaurant named "I don't care" or "I dunno know". That place in theory should be packed every night.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Worked perfect on Mrs. Go-Fly the first time. The second time she said "you called for the jet and we are running down south to Momijjis"?:(
That gives a whole new meaning to " $100 hamburger"

JD D05

Reaction score
My wife doesn't really do that but to be fair when we do go out we almost always go to a place called Takashi. However my brother does this for lunch almost every single day.

termiteguy

Reaction score
My wife is extremely picky it's a real pain in the ass to go out to dinner. On Tuesday I like to go to taco Tuesday for the margaritas she will order a single taco grilled chicken and flour tortilla that's it no lettuce cheese nothing. The waiter knows us now and just laughs at her when she orders

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
When your wife says she hungry, do you tell her to cook dinner? You should. :)

With limited choices, 3 being Mexican food, 2 coffee shops and a burger joint, McD & Carl's, the choice is easy.

Often I cook.

Dan'l

rvrrun

Reaction score
Reposted from the Facebook thread, but it fits
658630DD-7485-4EAE-8F9D-E0AFC4D1D641.jpeg

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
After playing the where are we going to eat game for a few years I just decided to always pick while still giving her an option.

" I was thinking about going to X unless you want to pick it." Or "I am driving to X unless you tell me where else to go."

99 times out of 100 she says X sounds good.

Demoman

Reaction score
Reminds me of this game that me and the boys have played a few times. When you are hanging out at the river or wherever with a group of couples and you want a beer, sandwich, cocktail etc here is the best way to get it brought to you with zero hassle. Ask one of the other wives to get it for you. Your wife may hesitate at the demand but your buddies wives will usually do it trying to seem like a good friend. Almost always works! Main key is to never speak of it in front of the girls lol

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Nope. I ask one time maybe twice then it’s my decision. I’m not being macho or anything. I’ve just learned a long time ago I’ll go hungry if I leave it up to her :D

Wayn-o

Reaction score

Cheers, Steve

Of course not - they are all the same!!!!!

McKay

Reaction score
My wife doesn't really do that but to be fair when we do go out we almost always go to a place called Takashi. However my brother does this for lunch almost every single day.

Thank God that is downtown and she does not like to go that far. Unfortunately Tsunami is much closer.

JD D05

Reaction score
Thank God that is downtown and she does not like to go that far. Unfortunately Tsunami is much closer.

I like Tsunami a lot also. If you like spicy try the "Mexico" roll it is off the menu and the Sneaky Spouse is good also.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
What about on there way home to stop and pick something up?

Ill say whatever is on your way that sounds good to you.

Comes home with nothing....

Are you kidding???!!!! Drives me nuts.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I hate the Wife Restaurant Game! I’m lucky though she usually either wants Cafe Rio Tacos, Sushi, or Pho. I would pretty much eat those places 7 days a week if I was still a bachelor :D

Reactions: TPC

Nordie

Reaction score
I love that about my wife she is down for whatever. It's never an issue picking a place to eat, usually she already has her mind made up and texts me mid day. Sometimes I have to shoot it down because I don't feel like paying for a $100 plus dinner, and would rather eat cheaper. We always have my step daughter with us, and that kid always orders some kind of exotic nasty looking food that's $$$$, but I give her credit she eats the whole plate.

ssc

Reaction score
How many of you get the "Pick up Food/Drink" game? You are on your way home and decide to drive through someplace. Call the wife, "I'm going to stop by (pick a place), do you want me to get you anything?"
"What are you getting?"
"Don't know, will figure it out when I order, what do you want?"
"I'm not really hungry/thirsty."
"Ok." I then hang up quick, knowing the 2nd part of the play will begin in 20 seconds. I have learned to begin the process at least 10 minutes before I get to the "place." Within 20 seconds my phone rings.
"Why can't you go to (Pick another place)"
"Sorry, I am in the drive through and there are cars behind me. I'm pulling up to the order window. You got 5 seconds to tell me if you want something."
"Get me a (whatever).

Got that one worked out. I haven't gotten to place and got it done. The way I got it down to 20 seconds is prior when the wife would call back in 5 minutes, I would say, "Sorry, I got my order and am on my way home. :)

Cheers, Steve

Nordie

Reaction score
How many of you get the "Pick up Food/Drink" game? You are on your way home and decide to drive through someplace. Call the wife, "I'm going to stop by (pick a place), do you want me to get you anything?"
"What are you getting?"
"Don't know, will figure it out when I order, what do you want?"
"I'm not really hungry/thirsty."
"Ok." I then hang up quick, knowing the 2nd part of the play will begin in 20 seconds. I have learned to begin the process at least 10 minutes before I get to the "place." Within 20 seconds my phone rings.
"Why can't you go to (Pick another place)"
"Sorry, I am in the drive through and there are cars behind me. I'm pulling up to the order window. You got 5 seconds to tell me if you want something."
"Get me a (whatever).

Got that one worked out. I haven't gotten to place and got it done. The way I got it down to 20 seconds is prior when the wife would call back in 5 minutes, I would say, "Sorry, I got my order and am on my way home. :)

Cheers, Steve

I've done this before...now I just don't say anything and just bring her something home...chances are she's going to eat it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My wife has never had a bad meal in her life. Never take her recommendation for a restaurant. They are all fantastic.
I always have to pick it. Cha Bones is my standard stop at the river.
Steves in Avalon, Carthay Circle in the OC.

ssc

Reaction score
My wife has never had a bad meal in her life. Never take her recommendation for a restaurant. They are all fantastic.
I always have to pick it. Cha Bones is my standard stop at the river.
Steves in Avalon, Carthay Circle in the OC.

Steve's in Avalon is our go. No issues with the wife there. I do miss the Blue parrot and the Channel House.

Regards, Steve

robby dmax

Reaction score

Cheers, Steve

this is SPOT on!!
Funny shit