WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The woman who made our family possible has gone to be with our lord...

sirbob

Reaction score
Many of the friends I share RDP with didn't know my wife was sick...

IMG_7939.PNG

About 2 years ago my wife was diagnosed with Melanoma. I posted this at that time - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...are-shittier-than-others.191361/#post-3130554

It had metastasized to her brain and lungs by the time we found out. Because of her seizures, caused by the brain tumors, I had to stop working to be with her full time. We have been to the leading researchers and minds on the type of cancer she had at the City of Hope, Mayo Clinic and MD Andersen to no avail. We tried the most forward thinking treatments and surgery after surgery - lung removed / intestinal surgeries x 2 / a number of pelvic tumors removed and over 30 stereotactic gamma brain surgeries. It has been a long < 2 years.

I want the whole world to know what a great woman, mother and wife she was and will continue to be through the inspiration she leaves behind.

IMG_7938.PNG

The woman who made our family possible has gone to be with our lord. Wendy was the half of me that made this the best life I could have imaged. Brogan, Cade and I have been with her at the hospital since last Friday when she suffered another seizure that was just too much to over come this time. It’s not possible to share how much she will be missed and the hole she will leave in our hearts will never be filled.

We hope to have a service soon but are unsure of what the church will allow at this time. We also hope to host a reception to share stories and our love for Wendy with our friends, info will be forth coming. Lastly, the kids and I have decided to dedicate our favorite cove on Lake Havasu to her memory later this summer. We intend to have a plaque made and mount it to the cliff on the entrance to the cove. In our mind the cove will always be referred to as "Wendy Cove" from this day forward.

Wendy Vincent Griffin - May the wind always be at your back and the rain fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, may god hold you in the palm of his hand...

With all my love, Jim

Please feel free to share this with our extended circle of friends that you think would like to know.

IMG_7936.PNG

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts to you and your family :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
😭
Godspeed to Wendy.
My heart goes to out to you Jim.

Last edited:

Shane54

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
If you need anything please message me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...As I sit here teary eyed...I am so sorry...RIP Wendy...

DWC

Reaction score
So very sorry. Can’t imagine what you’re going through. Prayers and best wishes.

Tank

Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. Just doesn't seem like there are words. That is horrendous. Losing someone that close to you, your life partner and best friend. I don't think I could cope...I would curl up in a ball and die. So very sorry you and your family are going through this.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
So very very sorry. You are going through really my only fear in life.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this.Godspeed to your best friend, and thoughts out to your entire family.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was quite the fighter going through all that and finally has peace. Looking at the pic at the bottom you posted... shes dressed in all white. Already an angel watching over your family.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss Jim + condolences to you and your family. :( R.I.P. Wendy.

C-2

Reaction score
What a great memorial you wrote for your wife. The respect you give her speaks volumes about the type of woman she is.

Godspeed, hang in there buddy.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Deepest Sympathy for your loss. May Peace find you and your Family. You all share a lot of love some folks never find. My Boy Billy, and his GS Trixie are waiting at the Gate. Moms and Pops too. She is surrounded by Love,
Godspeed Wendy

mswasey

Reaction score
My wife’s saying is Lua Ma Ka Lua, means Second By Second from her Hawaiian heritage, we live life to its fullest because you just never know. Absolutely heartbreaking, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Last edited:

shunter2005

Reaction score
My most sincere condolences to you and your family. May she now rest in peace.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read this. I know this is truly a tough time for your family. Our prayers for all of you from my family to yours.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

If you need any help hanging the plaque please please let me know.

Hallett

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss truly sad god bless you & your beautiful wife. 🙏🙏

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Very sorry. I could not handle what you are dealing with.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
My God comfort you and your family as you morn this great loss.

My Condolences

HBCraig

Reaction score
Jeez man. No words. Godspeed to your wife.

My condolences

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Obvious you stepped up all the way through Wendy Journey and she knew you with her everyday.Down the road all of you will enjoy great memories.Rest Wendy.

BlowMe

Reaction score
No words will ever do any justice but I am very sorry for yalls loss

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
OMG I am so sorry Sirbob.... 😢

Godspeed to your love.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. I lost a close cousin that had 4 younger kids about 8 years ago the same fucken way.
God speed to her.