WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The woman who made our family possible has gone to be with our lord...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Im really sorry to read this. Cant imagine. If there is ever anything that you or the family needs we aren't that far away and I am working from home these days. Just shoot me a pm.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the pain.

cole_skier

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to what sounds like a amazing wife and mother. God bless you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing, what a beautiful life she made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
How awful, so sorry.

If you need to talk to someone - yell, I'll be there.

UD

hallett21

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss [emoji22]

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It brings me to tears reading about what your family has gone through. Hope and prayers go out to you and your family.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
I have read & scene pics of your family in the past, always thought what a beautiful family you have. Very sorry for your loss, hard to imagine the pain. Often it's the ones left behind that must endure the brunt of the loss. Stay strong brother & god bless.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Cancer sucks! So sorry for your loss, it sounds like she has been through a lot over the past few years. She is at peace now and is watching out for her family from Heaven above. Condolences to you and the family. I will always keep an eye open for Wendy’s Cove.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to read this SirBob, lots of love to you and your beautiful family. Your wife was beautiful

Havazoo

Reaction score
So very sorry to hear of your loss, no words just prayers....

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tears... I am so very, very sorry. My heart hurts for you and your family.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

RVRKID

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for you and your families loss, God Speed Wendy!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Wow man...so sorry to hear. Rest in peace to her...condolences to you and your family sir.

jonnyd

Reaction score
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife. Sounds like she had a pretty incredible husband and friend!
May the Lord comfort you and your family in this difficult time.

Halvecto

Reaction score
Whoa. Thanks for sharing and for giving us some life perspective reset.

You have been in a difficult and extended chapter of life, and until reading this, you did not allow it to define your presence. You're an honorable man. My small .02¢ observation; it seems Wendy allowed you to be the best version of you. This is worthy of celebrating her, as well as deep sorrow. Few get to enjoy that gift. Reading your post, it's clear you are processing the end of a profound relationship. Your selflessness is evident in both how you chose to/not to communicate this and your effort in her battle. Your family bears her imprint in various ways. That is terrific.

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit. " Psalm 34:18

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Hard read right there buddy.. so sorry for your loss.. r.i.p

wallnutz

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Sounds like she was very strong fighting the good fight. May she Rest In Peace and you have the solace knowing she is no longer in pain and she is now resting easy.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Wow... just wow.
I don’t consider myself an emotional person but they way you talk about you wife really pulls at those heartstrings. Really feel for you loss. So sorry. God speed.
Many of us have never met you or your wife but would love to honor her at a cove dedication if your open to the idea.

KevinR

Reaction score
I cannot imagine the pain you and your family must be in. So very, very sorry to hear of your wife’s passing.

Indeed God is holding her in His hands. No more pain. She is free.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
sirbob/Jim,
A beautiful tribute and family pictures. I have enjoyed your posts since joining rdp. We share lots of interests and live in SC as well and also boat in Havasu. My wife and I send our condolences and hope to pay our respects in “Wendy Cove.” Please keep us posted on the plaque and location. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

She's Mine

Reaction score
Jim, these are beautiful words of a beautiful lady. I am sorry for your loss and hope you and your kids find peace knowing you have an angel looking over you. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. God Speed Wendy

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Sirbob,

The eloquent words you wrote paint a vivid picture of the love you shared. I cannot imagine the pain and sense of loss you are feeling. You have a lifetime of memories to cherish, and your children to hold on to while you live with the loss.
Her pain is over, she is with The Lord.
May you find peace in that knowledge.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I am deeply saddened to read this today. My condolences to you and your family during this very difficult time. Thoughts and prayers!

rrrr

Reaction score
Words seem so inadequate. I feel I cannot say anything that will provide comfort, but just know Wendy loved you and your children yesterday, today, and now, forever.

May she rest easy.

👼

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Condolences Sir Bob, my thoughts and prayers to you and you’re family. God‘s blessings to all of you.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I too have no words. It must have been everything in your power to type that beautiful tribute.
God speed to her, and my condolences to your family.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jim, we are heartbroken for you. The strength that not only Wendy, but yourself and family have shown through this endeavor has been awe inspiring. We are blessed to have known her and proud to have shared some time with her on one of her final river trips. God bless you and your family. Our sincerest condolences.

Love,
Dave and Stacy

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I've lost a lot of people in my life in the last 15 years. I could not imagine losing my wife. God Bless you and your kids and I hope he brings the strength to get through this.

Oh. And Fuck Cancer!!!!

Keymyster

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. That's terrible to hear. Prayers to you and your family.