WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The woman who made our family possible has gone to be with our lord...

rickym20

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss , she seemed like a very strong inspirational woman. May she Rest In Peace.

cofooter

Reaction score
So sorry to hear of this, prayers for you and your family!

TBulger

Reaction score
So sorry Sir, my wife was sick for 20 years after having breast cancer in the mid 90’s and passed away in 2015. I haven’t sat down for more than a few minutes since that day and find that just keeping going helps with the loss. However, I still talk with her daily and will until I pass on. Very best to you and the family, just keep the faith. Rest in peace beautiful lady.

Lifes Good

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your families profound loss. I've never met you Sir, but I've gotten to know you through your great posts, always with class. Your tribute, was a pinnacle of strength and class. May God's peace be with you and your family....

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So sorry Sir, my wife was sick for 20 years after having breast cancer in the mid 90’s and passed away in 2015. I haven’t sat down for more than a few minutes since that day and find that just keeping going helps with the loss. However, I still talk with her daily and will until I pass on. Very best to you and the family, just keep the faith. Rest in peace beautiful lady.

In a "DISPOSABLE" Society, Marriages included reading your words = Gives me hope!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Many of the friends I share RDP with didn't know my wife was sick...

View attachment 893072

About 2 years ago my wife was diagnosed with Melanoma. I posted this at that time - https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...are-shittier-than-others.191361/#post-3130554

It had metastasized to her brain and lungs by the time we found out. Because of her seizures, caused by the brain tumors, I had to stop working to be with her full time. We have been to the leading researchers and minds on the type of cancer she had at the City of Hope, Mayo Clinic and MD Andersen to no avail. We tried the most forward thinking treatments and surgery after surgery - lung removed / intestinal surgeries x 2 / a number of pelvic tumors removed and over 30 stereotactic gamma brain surgeries. It has been a long < 2 years.

I want the whole world to know what a great woman, mother and wife she was and will continue to be through the inspiration she leaves behind.

View attachment 893076

The woman who made our family possible has gone to be with our lord. Wendy was the half of me that made this the best life I could have imaged. Brogan, Cade and I have been with her at the hospital since last Friday when she suffered another seizure that was just too much to over come this time. It’s not possible to share how much she will be missed and the hole she will leave in our hearts will never be filled.

We hope to have a service soon but are unsure of what the church will allow at this time. We also hope to host a reception to share stories and our love for Wendy with our friends, info will be forth coming. Lastly, the kids and I have decided to dedicate our favorite cove on Lake Havasu to her memory later this summer. We intend to have a plaque made and mount it to the cliff on the entrance to the cove. In our mind the cove will always be referred to as "Wendy Cove" from this day forward.

Wendy Vincent Griffin - May the wind always be at your back and the rain fall softly on your fields. Until we meet again, may god hold you in the palm of his hand...

With all my love, Jim

Please feel free to share this with our extended circle of friends that you think would like to know.

View attachment 893069

Start to cry when I read this, cancer changed my life forever, I can’t imagine what you’re going through. So sorry.

Lumpy

Reaction score
So very sorry Sirbob. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Lost my wife 4 years ago still feel the pain daily. You must keep moving!

brgrcru

Reaction score
So sorry for your families loss. may she RIP . What a beautiful women , wife and mom .

Hammer

Reaction score
Jim,

I’m very sorry to read this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady P I

Reaction score
Dear Jim, Brogan and Cade,
There are no words to express how sorry we are for your loss.
May the memories of Love & Happiness comfort you. Wendy is now your angel and will always be with you,
free of pain and in peace. May god bless you all during this difficult time.
Hugs, Geena , Loli, Wanda Gomez

MeCasa16

Reaction score
There are no words. I can’t imagine the loss. My thoughts and condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Jim, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. God bless you guys and rest in peace Wendy.

playdeep

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss...
Prayers for you and your entire family.

Bast1967

Reaction score
Jim, Brogan and Cade. There are no words.. I have thought of Wendy non stop since I got the call that she had passed. I am so sad that life gets busy and we lose track of people who made our world better like Wendy. We get busy and it’s terrible. She was my person at all those basketball practices and games. We laughed and had snarky comments all the time. We used to park next to each other, walk in and out of practice and time seemed to fly as we sat in the gym sweating or freezing. . She was so sweet to Carley and all the kids. She will be missed. I am so sorry that you did not have her for longer. I am so sad that she sufferedl. I hate that for her. I hate cancer!! Take time to heal. Talk about her often. Press into Jesus! He will cover you with a unimaginable peace that surpasses all human understanding. He will carry you when it seems like the loss is just too much. Thanks for such a great tribute to her. I wish I had known that she was sick . I wish I had spent some more time with her. I will pray for you all. Blessings and much love to you all! ❤🙏😇 Tina, Lino, Hailey, Courtney, Carley and Lil Lino

Last edited:

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
May your great memories guide your ship through those dark nights.

May the tears in your heart become sealed by the love you both shared.

May the beacon of hope shine through the wetness in your eyes and the blinding of your loss.

My condolences and prayers for you. Surround yourself with family and friends, each helping each other to go through these tough times.

PVHCA

Reaction score
May your beautiful wife and mother to your children rest in peace. What a brave soul and warrior, I feel terrible for what she had to endure, thankfully she is out of pain and in comfort.

So sorry for your loss.