WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The World's First All Electric Super Truck GMC Hummer EV

riverroyal

Reaction score
crab mode is interesting. No idea why I would need it. But 1000 hp, I need that! Pretty interesting times we are living in. If the range is over 500 miles it going to be great. Im also a ford guy...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
No towing specs.....

It's pretty fucking expensive in comparison to the other 2 fag mobiles for the top tier.

Did I mention I think EV's are le gay? :p 👎

It's better looking than the other 2 however, I like the styling, I've always liked the Escalade and the Avalanche.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
I wanted to hate it. I dont. Great commercial
But......at basically 120k for the version id drive im not a buyer

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I actually don’t understand why they wouldn’t just call it a GMC. The Hummer is dead.......... too gimmicky.

Reactions: TPC

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL News to me, I didn’t know about either, but I like that truck a lot. Wonder if will really come to fruition.

350 mile range is an issue. What do you do 2/3 the way between Phoenix and UT on a camping trip, take a generator?

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
Will it be the first, or will Tesla's goofy truck beat it to the market?

One2go

Reaction score
Looks interesting . lol, you have to realize some point petroleum powered vehicles will be phased out,just saying.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly the thing looks pretty cool! I like the ability to adjust ride height, the crab walk deal I think I’d use for parking.. but overall looks pretty nice.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Looks interesting . lol, you have to realize some point petroleum powered vehicles will be phased out,just saying.

Not till long after you and I are dead and gone....

The infrastructure is not in place to possibly replace every vehicle with an electric any time soon....if you think those greedy bastards are going to spend profits to upgrade a decades old utility ....I got a bridge to sell ya!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Pretty awesome vehicle. Expensive....

You've got real limited charging network limited mainly to Electrify America spigots.

I wonder under what condition it gets 350 miles?

One2go

Reaction score

The infrastructure is not in place to possibly replace every vehicle with an electric any time soon....if you think those greedy bastards are going to spend profits to upgrade a decades old utility ....I got a bridge to sell ya!
Not sure I stated in near future or for that matter in my or your lifetime, Said "at some point". And I'm not looking to buy any bridges.Thanks tho

Javajoe

Reaction score
Really??? A Hummer of all cars to make electric. Bad choice. Almost everybody does not like them. Shitty interior design and ugly exterior. Too bad 🤦‍♂️

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Seems too gimmicky to me.

Shit like an acceleration mode that pumps deep bass and shakes the seats aren’t really what I look for in an off-road vehicle.

But I’m sure 99% of the target demographic will eat this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I bet there will be an aftermarket "rear steer" kit for it that would allow independent steering of the rear axle. That would be badass

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Out of my league. But descent looking(way better than the tesla), cool features. If going off-road I would think you want atleast the 37" tires cuz that thing must weigh a lot. 800v charging @3.7kw so if a few of these are charging in CA do they cause rolling blackouts?

PaPaG

Reaction score
Looked OK. 1000hp gotta wonder what the range is....either way interesting for sure.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The greedy bastards won't spend a dime, the government will do it for them.

I'd love to have a dozen or so large vehicle charging stations on my system... $$$$$

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
MSRP? The 4wd Cybertruck is still listed at 49k, I'm on that list.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meh. No thanks.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Looked OK. 1000hp gotta wonder what the range is....either way interesting for sure.

They claim - up to 350 miles. They dont say at what speed though.
200KWH is a pretty damm big battery pack.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Really??? A Hummer of all cars to make electric. Bad choice. Almost everybody does not like them. Shitty interior design and ugly exterior. Too bad 🤦‍♂️

Its a hummer in name only. This thing is way different than any prior hummer.

pronstar

Reaction score
I actually don’t understand why they wouldn’t just call it a GMC. The Hummer is dead.......... too gimmicky.

I think the original Hummer brand was ahead of its time. But we’ll see how the public responds.

Compare the post-recession “trucks are bad” buyer mentality to today: cars are on their way out, everyone wants trucks, and the premise of an off-road vehicle sure seems attractive to people.

Close to 1 in 10 F150’s sold are Raptors.
Jeep has “Trail Rared” pretty much every model.
TRX
Many EV trucks will soo be launching.

IMHO Hummer’s relaunch is a bit late to the party.

But I don’t see this as a real off-reader. It’s a mall cruiser that has way too much tech to go wrong out on the trail.

15 inches of ground clearance sounds great until we realize theres no suspension down-travel at that height.

Oh, and listing “wheel torque” is dumb. IDK why EV makers want to reinvent the wheel. Put enough gear behind it, and you can get astronomical numbers from even a pedestrian engine.

Waterheater

Reaction score
This last Sunday I went to grab some food at a local spot. They have a charging station on the other side of the parking lot with 10 chargers. Every one of the charges had a car on it and the parking lot had probably 20 other cars waiting. That would suck to have to wait to get on a charger, then have to wait to charge. It will be a long time before I look at anything electric.

rivergames

Reaction score
Good looking Ride! I'll make sure to wave when I pass by when you died on the side of the road!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
No way would I have only electric vehicles in the house currently. That said, as my beater commuter car and weekend grocery getter, I have been thinking about it. Probably not going to happen any time soon but the idea is still bouncing around. Need to think about this logically and remove gov stupid's (pick your state) rhetoric out of the conversation. Ego aside, the simple fact is that electric cars are solidly the cheapest way to get around right now. I know about all the issues, rare earth minerals, grid support and such with converting the entire state over. I am not saying that its unicorns farting rainbows, I am saying for me to get to work and back its by far the cheapest way to roll for now and the intermediate future.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Funny about EVs, I have a close friend that owns a building across the street from a charging hub for Tesla, (roughly 10 chargers) I used to see 2-4 Tesla's come in on a tow trucks within a short time frame when I would be visiting for lunch or to shoot shooting the shit for a couple of hours. I asked was this normal and they said this happens ALL DAY LONG so I asked one of tow truck drivers what's up, he said that they tow in a ton of tesla's all over town to different charging stations when they run out of juice and the owners are stranded...I could not laugh, 50-75k car and stranded because you ran out of battery....lol, I personally have owned a few hybrids and the were great but I would NEVER own a pure EV unless it was used as a grocery getter or for very short trips...

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think its cool. Just wait for wireless charging for the cars. That's when Electric is going to go mainstream. Your car charges while your shopping, waiting at a stop light etc.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think its cool. Just wait for wireless charging for the cars. That's when Electric is going to go mainstream. Your car charges while your shopping, waiting at a stop light etc.

How about off road? Think they will put one in Glamis? Dove Springs? St Anthony's? Mammoth?

Can't wait to see some enviro nut dead on the side of a trail..

BNAG!!! 😂

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
They claim - up to 350 miles. They dont say at what speed though.
200KWH is a pretty damm big battery pack.

Well we can make some assumptions.

350 miles at 70 mph is 5 hours, so 40kWh at cruising speeds. That would be roughly 55 hp to maintain that speed.

Seems reasonable for a half-ton sized truck.

Towing a trailer or higher speeds is going to cut way into the range.

A pick-up has the advantage that you could easily add another battery pack, I see that as being an option in the future.

pronstar

Reaction score
Funny about EVs, I have a close friend that owns a building across the street from a charging hub for Tesla, (roughly 10 chargers) I used to see 2-4 Tesla's come in on a tow trucks within a short time frame when I would be visiting for lunch or to shoot shooting the shit for a couple of hours. I asked was this normal and they said this happens ALL DAY LONG so I asked one of tow truck drivers what's up, he said that they tow in a ton of tesla's all over town to different charging stations when they run out of juice and the owners are stranded...I could not laugh, 50-75k car and stranded because you ran out of battery....lol, I personally have owned a few hybrids and the were great but I would NEVER own a pure EV unless it was used as a grocery getter or for very short trips...

EVs make the most sense for commuting duties, when you can charge at home overnight.

If you’re driving enough that you need a charging station more than occasionally, there are way better choices and they burn dead dinosaurs.

Relying on charging stations ain’t ready for prime time...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Id bet that range target is at 65 MPH or slower
Most EV max range is at 100KPH which is like 55MPH.
You couldn't fill the bed with bats without taking your payload away.

The charging is slow comparatively they are talking about 100KW.
The Teslas (3, y, and cybertruk) will start at 250 and taper down giving you much more mileage in a shorter charge span.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
But don't worry, when Crazyfornia no longer has vehicles with Internal Combustion Engines for sale, the power grid will support millions more electric vehicles being charged

3rd world countries have better electrical power management than Crazyformia

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
EVs make the most sense for commuting duties, when you can charge at home overnight.

If you’re driving enough that you need a charging station more than occasionally, there are way better choices and they burn dead dinosaurs.

Relying on charging stations ain’t ready for prime time...

Unless you have a tesla - their network is pretty awesome especially in California now.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

Apparently you haven't seen Calif Gov Newsom say that CA will not allow new oil fueled vehicle sales after 2035. https://www.nbcnews.com/science/env...ning-sale-gasoline-powered-cars-2035-n1240878

Anyone think we'll suddenly have as many EV charging stations as gas stations in 15 years? I sure don't. Also, his logic for doing this really has nothing to do with the issue he stated it was supposed to solve. It's like saying requiring everyone to run around naked will solve global warming.

Taboma

Reaction score
Apparently you haven't seen Calif Gov Newsom say that CA will not allow new oil fueled vehicle sales after 2035. https://www.nbcnews.com/science/env...ning-sale-gasoline-powered-cars-2035-n1240878

Anyone think we'll suddenly have as many EV charging stations as gas stations in 15 years? I sure don't. Also, his logic for doing this really has nothing to do with the issue he stated it was supposed to solve. It's like saying requiring everyone to run around naked will solve global warming.

So another governor signs another order, extending or retracting Newsom's order. It's a game, Newsom can claim LAM, I did my part to save the planet, now make me President of the World. :eek:

boatpi

Reaction score
Just posted 2022 model sold out in 10 minutes!

pronstar

Reaction score
Id bet that range target is at 65 MPH or slower
Most EV max range is at 100KPH which is like 55MPH.
You couldn't fill the bed with bats without taking your payload away.

The charging is slow comparatively they are talking about 100KW.
The Teslas (3, y, and cybertruk) will start at 250 and taper down giving you much more mileage in a shorter charge span.

The press maretrials and website are claiming 300 kw [emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk